What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hopkins - Do I move him for the offer I received? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty 12 teamer, PPR (TE 1.25).  Start 1 Q - 1 R - 2 W - 2 Flex - 1 TE - 1 K - 1 D 

The offer I received was this:

Give:  Hopkins
Get:  Fuller, A Miller, 2019 1st (projected either 1 or 2), 2019 1st (mid range), 2019 2nd (mid range worst case)

The team that sent me the offer has another 1st, projected to be late.  The picks involved will be either 1 or 2, as I am 0 - 4 and that is my pick coming back to me.  Team has struggled and I can't get out of my own way.  Last 3 years, very high scoring team with a win, 2nd and 3rd... this year, well???

Roster:

Q -  Roethlisberger, Bortles, Garoppole (IR), Smith, Darnold (TS)
R - Bell, Conner, Cook, Colemen, Blount
W - Hopkins, Landry, Jeffery, Amendola, Moncrief, Parker, Hurns, Pascal
T - Doyle, Engram, Rudolph, Ellison, Swaim, Thomas (TS), Walker (IR)

Currently have 2019 picks -  2nd (either 1 or 2 - mine), and two 3rds,

Yes, go into full rebuild mode.  And next year maybe see about trading down with your first picka few spots if there is a demand since you have some decent RB's for additional picks.

Seven TE's really???? With TE's being thin right now see if you can trade some of them away for picks also.

I'd keep Dhop, this upcoming draft class is weak and you're already potentially near the top of it, but its a long season and your roster is good.  Your biggest weakness is WR if you make this trade.

Bringing this back up again...

Team now is 2 - 6.  Roster is now (only two changes):

Roster:

Q -  Roethlisberger, Bortles, Garoppole (IR), Smith, Darnold (TS)
R - Bell, Conner, Cook, Colemen, Blount, Barner (will be dropping)
W - Hopkins, Landry, Jeffery, Amendola, Moncrief, Parker, Hurns, Ratley
T - Doyle, Engram, Rudolph, Ellison, Swaim, Thomas (TS), Walker (IR)

Currently have 2019 picks -  2nd rounder (either 1 or 2 - mine), and two 3rds.  I do not have a current 1st rounder.

Similar offer that I was thinking:  A. Miller, Fuller or J Howard, and my 1st back (projected at 1.2 or 1.3 worst case), a mid 1st (6 - 8 range), a 2nd (mid range)... for Hopkins.  

was thinking instead of the 2nd, he has a late 1st.  I know Fuller is "IR".  Do I rebuild now?

Bringing this back up again...

Team now is 2 - 6....offer that I was thinking:  A. Miller and my 1st back (projected at 1.2 or 1.3 worst case), a mid 1st (6 - 8 range), a 2nd (mid range)... for Hopkins.  

Do I rebuild now?
IMO...  Nuk' for A Miller, 2x1st Round picks and a mid-2nd....  That is a fair and good offer for both sides if he is in contention now.  

Depends what he values those 1st but I think I'd pull that trigger on that for a rebuild. 

So for this year your best case scenario is 7-6 if you win out - what are the chances of making the playoffs with that record?  If zero, or nearly zero, then of course rebuild.

Nuk Hopkins will still be valuable next year, so don't discount that when thinking of trades.  If he doesn't get hurt he will be a top 10 pick next year in any redraft league.

I don't play dynasty so I have no good gauge on the value of the draft picks, but it at least sounds like a good deal to me to gain A Miller, 2 firsts and a second.

Did you end up making a deal?  I don't like the upcoming draft class at all, I'd make some trades in the offseason for win now mode before rebuilding.  You're going to add LVB as a starting RB for another team next year.  I'd target Julio or AJ Green in a deal to boost your 2nd receiver spot.

no deal yet, the other owner who initiated the offer is still 'hinting' .  He has my 1st round pick which could be pick 1.2, 1.3 at worst case if I go under.  As to playoffs, I have about a 30% chance, 4 teams are definite... and I am now at 3 - 6 (5th in overall scoring), with 3 teams ahead of me at 4 - 5, with 2 playoff spots left.  

Users who are viewing this thread