What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You got two choices to base your life on. (1 Viewer)

Science or Religion to base your life on?

• Science

Votes: 72 84.7%
  • Religion

Votes: 13 15.3%

• Total voters
Flawed premise. If not for the three major religions, no science or scientific method, merely darkness and confusion. Something must order the chaos.  

Millions of lefties would disagree with you as they stand in front of the restroom not sure which one they are supposed to enter.
I thought I was the drunk one.  If you ever wanted educated on that NC situation, I'm your man.  You might not like the truth.

Millions of lefties would disagree with you as they stand in front of the restroom not sure which one they are supposed to enter.
Is that a huge issue in your world?  There are still people waiting for Jesus to come back. Talk about confused.

Instinct 

The basest basis.
If we all lived by basic instinct, we'd eat even more than we do, steal more from others, commit even more violent acts, etc. Thankfully most of us learn to live in society by not simply following our instincts. 

I try to live by both. I think there is a God. I don't think we've written the actual, complete reality in any document that I've read. 

No they don't. Honestly.  One deals with truths and admits when wrong.  The other deals with stories that are turned into what people want them to say.  
Love it. As the right wing claims global warming is a Chinese fraud, dismantles asbestos protection and does its best to avoid science, it's the "lefties" who refuse to deal with truth and apparently don't accept science.

Free thinker, people like you lead to better thoughs.
How's he free thinking if he just said he acts on instinct?  Acting on innate animal instincts which control us is the opposite of free thinking or critical analysis to reach a decision.  Your actions or thoughts aren't truly free if instinct controls them.  You just do because that's what instinct rather than thought dictates.

I'm not suggesting that acting on free thought is better than acting on instinct (or vice versa), but I am pointing out that they're kind of opposite.

"God" only exists to fill in the gaps that science leaves. As those gaps get smaller and smaller, the need for a god becomes less and less.  

For nearly all of us, it seems silly that people used to think that the sun was God.  Science has shown it's just another star among billions of stars of a galaxy in a universe with over a trillion galaxies.  But many of those same people have unwittingly accepted a movement of the goalposts so that now God can explain how the universe came to be.  'The universe can't come from nothing, so it must be God'.  Well then where did God come from if something can't come from nothing?  'Oh, he's God.  He's always existed.  Totally different.'

Eventually, humankind will realize these antiquated bronze aged religions were nothing more than a newer version of worshipping the sun.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Cranks said:
"God" only exists to fill in the gaps that science leaves. As those gaps get smaller and smaller, the need for a god becomes less and less.  

For nearly all of us, it seems silly that people used to think that the sun was God.  Science has shown it's just another star among billions of stars of a galaxy in a universe with over a trillion galaxies.  But many of those same people have unwittingly accepted a movement of the goalposts so that now God can explain how the universe came to be.  'The universe can't come from nothing, so it must be God'.  Well then where did God come from if something can't come from nothing?  'Oh, he's God.  He's always existed.  Totally different.'

Eventually, humankind will realize these antiquated bronze aged religions were nothing more than a newer version of worshipping the sun.  
As Lt. Uhura explained, "Captain, it's not the sun they're worshiping, it's the Son."

I guess I say science, but I am not sure this is true.  I know the answer for me isn't religion, but I don't go around evaluating every choice on science.  Sometimes I just do what I want based off of how I feel.

We're seeing a lot of thinly veiled anti-religion threads from you. Are you feeling ok? Why all the toxicity recently? Or have you always felt hateful and we're now just noticing?

We're seeing a lot of thinly veiled anti-religion threads from you. Are you feeling ok? Why all the toxicity recently? Or have you always felt hateful and we're now just noticing?
He's definitely got issues. I remember the gambling issue thread where he was going behind his wife's back gambling more. He's big into crypto currencies as he's the one who took everyone's money and basically it's lost almost all value. Something tells me this year hasn't been a good one for him. If his wife had issues with his gambling and he was dumping money into crypto when it was at its height, he and his marriage could be going through a lot of issues right now. If he wasn't making threads like this all the time, I might feel a little bad.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain.

I don't believe the Bible

I just believe in me,  Yoko and me...  and that's reality

Users who are viewing this thread