What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the weirdest thing your dog does? (1 Viewer)

Murph

Footballguy
It's a rainy night. Which means our girl pulls one of her oddest quirks.

I take her on the vast majority of her walks but on rainy nights, and only on rainy nights, she refuses to go on walks with me. Won't go out the door. But instead will whine and cry and make my wife take her.

What do your weirdos do?

4 yr old Boxer. She drinks until she throws up, every. Single. Time. Have to yell at her to stop drinking every time she drinks.

Also a freak when fireworks go off.

I take her on the vast majority of her walks but on rainy nights, and only on rainy nights, she refuses to go on walks with me. Won't go out the door. But instead will whine and cry and make my wife take her.

What do your weirdos do?

That's a good girl.

Maybe not weird but fun as hell to watch. I have a 9 lb Maltipoo and a 9 lb Yorkie. Tiny dogs. They love to wrestle. Not just wrestle it's literally Brazilian JiuJitsu. They take each other's back. Pull guard. Leg take downs. I've seen kimuras done. It's technical. They don't compete for the knockout it's like they are wrestling for points.

I don't have a dog. I have a one-eyed cat who's about 60-40 outside-inside. When he wants in, he hops up on the window ledge by the desk I am currently sitting at. He then knocks on the window just like a human knocking on the door. He only comes in and goes out through that window. If I go to the door, open it and call him in or to let him out, he just sits at the window and meows back at me.

I don't have a dog. I have a one-eyed cat who's about 60-40 outside-inside. When he wants in, he hops up on the window ledge by the desk I am currently sitting at. He then knocks on the window just like a human knocking on the door. He only comes in and goes out through that window. If I go to the door, open it and call him in or to let him out, he just sits at the window and meows back at me.
I had a Siamese cat who used the bathroom window like that, he only did his business outside. He also had another home, he would disappear for a day or two and come back smelling like a fireplace. We didn't have a fireplace.

I had a Siamese cat who used the bathroom window like that, he only did his business outside. He also had another home, he would disappear for a day or two and come back smelling like a fireplace. We didn't have a fireplace.

Mine has recently acquired a girlfriend. A few times in the last week she's come to the window and meowed for him. It's like a little kid saying can Bobby play?

Also a freak when fireworks go off.
We got so lucky ours doesn't care about stuff like that. Fireworks, thunder. Last week two military helicopters flew over the house slow low the windows shook (sad story, funeral for a pilot who had died in training).... anyway she didn't lift her head up from her nap.

But the neighbor putting out the trash bins she barks her head off.

What do your weirdos do?
How did you train your dog to do this? #sharkmove!
Wish I knew. I can't train her to do anything :lmao:

Timeshare cats are cool, you save money on food.

It would be funny if one of your neighbors invited you over and your cat was sitting in front of their fireplace. Busted!

I have had insomnia forever. I'm enjoying this thread because against accepted wisdom, I discovered taking my tablet to bed and watching something calmed my brain and I fall asleep. I usually use boring documentaries on theoretical physics, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood, and hour long funny pet videos have become something that puts me to sleep smiling.

My dog likes the smell of her slobber. She’ll lick something for two seconds then sniff it for 10 seconds.

She’s also deathly afraid of ziplock sandwich bags. I can pull out paper bags, garbage bags, whatever and she’ll be fine, but get out a small sandwich bag and she heads for the hills.

He just keeps a ball or bone in his mouth and play growls while I try to “take it” from him for easily a half hour at a time. When I retract my hand, he brings the ball/bone over to it again. He’s happy so I am too, but it’s weird.

We had to sadly put our dog to sleep 3 weeks ago after a very unexpected sudden event. She was around 13 and a rescue dog who we had for 5-6 years. Such a sweet loving girl, we called her our emotional support dog, very in tune with everyone and always trying to help when anyone had something going on.

Great with people but afraid of other dogs, which the rescue lied to us about. We tried to avoid other dogs on her daily walk because she would lose her mind barking, jumping, lunging, etc even when seeing the tiniest of dogs. Take her to the groomer or vet though and in close quarters she would just shake really bad. Something must have happened to her being attacked I'm guessing at some point.

Anyways, my wife was the main walker and would often get up at like 4-430 in the morning and walk her to avoid other dogs. I'm not a morning person and usually walked her at night instead, usually very late. She would get tired of waiting all day for her walk and when she saw I was getting ready to finally take her she barked at me and would give me so much (deserved) hell. All it took was putting my hat on or grabbing my shoes and she'd launch into chewing me out. Both comical and annoyed the heck out of me.

Sorry for being a downer. Dogs are so amazing and it's really unfair they don't outlive us. Reindeers, and dogs, are better than people. Miss you Meghan.

My dog likes the smell of her slobber. She’ll lick something for two seconds then sniff it for 10 seconds.

She’s also deathly afraid of ziplock sandwich bags. I can pull out paper bags, garbage bags, whatever and she’ll be fine, but get out a small sandwich bag and she heads for the hills.

Our fat little hound dog (aka the pooper) is like this if you make the raspberry sound “pbhtttttt” however you want to spell it. We have hardwood floors so she’ll also lose traction running and just slides all over. It’s pretty comical

ours is a shiba inu. she doesn't do it often now (13 yrs), but used to burst into a sprint around the house at 10:00p. Clockwork. She would do a few laps then settle on the couch or on our bed.

Edit;
we live in a 2 story house, with our bedroom upstairs. When she is ready to retire for the evening, she will stand at the bottom awaiting permission to go to bed.

to add our cat to this... the cat is very nocturnal. we would love for her to settle down with us in the bedroom but that never happens. she'll climb the window screen, has energy spurts, harasses the dogs, etc. we can't just give her reign of the house because she will scratch at our door and meow all night long. so we have given her a bedroom. it becomes a game to get her, and place her in that bedroom. she'll hide under our bed and bribes us to give her treats to lure her into the other room. sometimes quick, sometimes prolonged. she has learned that its bed time when the tv goes off downstairs. my latest tactic is to go up to see if she is in her room and shut the door before we decide to head up.

Last edited:
My dog claimed a throw blanket as his own. Waffled between just holding it in his mouth, sucking on it, playing tug-of-war with it (you could drag him around the house and he won’t let go), and actively shredding it.

Leaves all the rest of the blankets alone. There’s like, two towel-sized pieces left, and they kinda stink, but will disintegrate if I wash them.

Anyway, on a chilly evening, if I recline on the couch with a blanket to watch tv, he runs to the bedroom, grabs his “wubby”, and jumps up next to me. When it’s bedtime, he races me to the door, realizes he forgot his blanket, then hauls *** to the living room and comes flying back to jump up on the bed with it. If you are in the way you are getting run over.

Edit to add: And just as I am dropping off to sleep, he will stand up, walk over by my head, and wait for me to lift the covers so he can burrow under them behind my knees.

I will walk my dog right before bed.

She still gets up a midnight and want to go out then again between 4-5

This is my nightmare with a dog. I take my dude out around 6pm and he doesn’t need to go out again til 8am the next morning. Crate training for the win.

This is my nightmare with a dog. I take my dude out around 6pm and he doesn’t need to go out again til 8am the next morning. Crate training for the win.
In her defense she's 13.5 and just started this schedule the last month or so.

The one time i told her to go lay down I woke up to a treat in the living room, so I don't chance it now

My dog has an unreal ability to squeeze out a turd even when she doesn’t have to go and has incredible butt control.

Even if she has been in our backyard and gone, if we go for a 20 min walk she will poop at least three times.

She just squeezes out a small turd, then walks some more then does it again and again. But only when I walk her, never my wife. 😡

JUST GO ONCE! 😡

My dog has an unreal ability to squeeze out a turd even when she doesn’t have to go and has incredible butt control.

Even if she has been in our backyard and gone, if we go for a 20 min walk she will poop at least three times.

She just squeezes out a small turd, then walks some more then does it again and again. But only when I walk her, never my wife. 😡

JUST GO ONCE! 😡
Your dog may be mocking you.

This isn't particularly weird but Lou is almost completely silent. He never barks at all. The most noise he ever makes is a snort when I play with him or a whimper when someone comes home after he's been left alone. If he wants to get your attention, he'll jump up in your lap and paw the back of your hand.

He barks quietly in his sleep very occasionally so we know his barking parts still work.

Last edited:
This isn't particularly weird but Lou is almost completely silent. He never barks at all. The most noise he ever makes is a snort when I play with him or a whimper when someone comes home after he's been left alone. If he wants to get your attention, he'll jump up in your lap and paw the back of your hand. We had

He barks quietly in his sleep very occasionally so we know his barking parts still work.

That's a good boy.

not a fan of barkers

I've had 2 dogs, both of them were good friends of mine.
Dog #1 --- loved to eat goose poop she found
Dog #2 --- loved to roll in deer urine she found

I used to fish almost year round, and in winter those rides back from fishing with the heater on were awful smelly with Dog #2.

I have a rescue cat that when we turn the tv off at night will jump up on my side of the bed. Proceed to climb over me, nudge my arm till I make room. She then will lie down and wait for me to pet her. When I do she gets up and walks all over me including chest and over head then back to the same position. fusses till I pet her then she repeats the cycle. Could be 10 times not sure. then gets down and goes to sleep down stairs. Crazy *** cat!

My dog (a dachshund) is super scared of the dishwasher. We can't run it in the day at this point. We can only run it overnight when we are all sleeping (and he is sleeping in our room under the bed). Last time we tried he pooped on the kitchen floor.

Oh lord, let's go ahead and do a countdown. We have a terrier mix, I think it's actually part Feist? This thing barks at EVERYTHING. God forbid Amazon drop something at our stoop. Barking aside, I think the weird thing is he hates our little treadmill thing we have in the living room. If one of us gets on it, he flips out. I don't know if it's the beeping that happens when it gets turned on, or the treadmill surface moving, or what... but he goes absolutely berserk. He's fricking crazy.

Oh, and if you turn your back on the patio, he will shotgun a beer.

Was hangin out talking to a friend, and suddenly I hear “phhsssstt”. Look over and there he is, biting into an unopened beer and going to town.
He should get together with my dog (well at least my dog when I was growing up). He could shell peanuts. Crack them with his mouth, use his paws to open them, and then eat the peanuts inside before moving on to the next peanut.

Oh, and if you turn your back on the patio, he will shotgun a beer.

Was hangin out talking to a friend, and suddenly I hear “phhsssstt”. Look over and there he is, biting into an unopened beer and going to town.
He should get together with my dog (well at least my dog when I was growing up). He could shell peanuts. Crack them with his mouth, use his paws to open them, and then eat the peanuts inside before moving on to the next peanut.
They’d have been fast friends, until one of them caught the other cheating at cards.

My dog (a dachshund) is super scared of the dishwasher. We can't run it in the day at this point. We can only run it overnight when we are all sleeping (and he is sleeping in our room under the bed). Last time we tried he pooped on the kitchen floor.

Lou's food and water are near the dishwasher. He won't go near them when the dishwasher is running but thankfully doesn't lose his #### like your dachsie.

i don't know if this is weird, but it's humorously annoying. I guess when my cat was in the shelter something happened regarding eating. I give him 2/3rds cup of kibble per day. If he hears me fill the bowl, he comes running and eats. If he doesn't, even though his food is ready, he won't eat until he comes and gets me. I have to walk to the kitchen for him to eat. He checks over his shoulder while he leads me to the full bowl of food. If I don't make it to the kitchen he comes and gets me again. Wth.

i don't know if this is weird, but it's humorously annoying. I guess when my cat was in the shelter something happened regarding eating. I give him 2/3rds cup of kibble per day. If he hears me fill the bowl, he comes running and eats. If he doesn't, even though his food is ready, he won't eat until he comes and gets me. I have to walk to the kitchen for him to eat. He checks over his shoulder while he leads me to the full bowl of food. If I don't make it to the kitchen he comes and gets me again. Wth.
My dog will check on me multiple times while eating

Prison will do that to a man.

Prison will do that to a man.
As a one time Bureau of Prison employee I approve this message. Ha ha

My cat now climbs on top of my pillows at 3:30am and digs her petite claw spikes into the back of my skull to awaken me to feed her the soft food she gets in the morning. Little b!tch figured out I could ignore the face taps and moved on to a a new strategy that works. I now have worry I may bleed out if I sleep too heavy.

My current dog, which is an Eastern Box Turtle that's been crawling around our house for 35 years, still tries to bite my toes when I get out of the shower. She hears the shower, wants to be put in the tub to drink and get wet and get fed, and when I get out she looks at my toes and thinks "Mmmm, BIG GRUBS!" I have to walk around while drying off. She's bitten me twice. It hurts but hasn't drawn blood.

My 2 year old lab still usually gets up once a night. I don't care. He's fast and we are back asleep in no time. Prefer that over cleanup.

she will paw at the carpet trying to fluff it before laying down - we have to scold her regularly lol

I have a boxer.

So the answer is everything he does.
i mentioned above i watch funny pet videos. boxers are the 3rd funniest dogs. that's not a bad thing because, frenchies and huskies are just insane. boxers are hilarious. i've never had one but there's been 4 in my family. not just comedians, also awesome dogs.

also for a good chuckle just youtube cats and cucumbers.

Our dog (Welsh Terrier) is diagnosed CCD (Canine Compulsive Disorder - yes, it's a thing). When he's bored or excited he will chase his tail and bark for what seems like 30 minutes straight. Gets super dizzy and can barely walk afterwards. He also is an expert at "fetch"... but will never stop. I've thrown his ball until he's so out of breath he can barely move but he will keep going.

I have a boxer.

So the answer is everything he does.
i mentioned above i watch funny pet videos. boxers are the 3rd funniest dogs. that's not a bad thing because, frenchies and huskies are just insane. boxers are hilarious. i've never had one but there's been 4 in my family. not just comedians, also awesome dogs.

also for a good chuckle just youtube cats and cucumbers.
This is our 3rd one. Don't think I can ever get another breed. Absolute clowns but, at the same time, the most loving and expressive family dogs. Utterly amazing with kids.

Everyone deserves to live with a boxer at least once in their life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread