What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most important position in dynasty (1 Viewer)

Hawksnest29

Footballguy
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I wanted to get some opinions about what is the most valuable position in a 32 team full salary IDP dynasty league. 32 teams is a little different ball game then most leagues. We start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX. I’m trying to determine how important the QB position is. 

With the year to year variance and injury factors I'd say it isn't as important as the top RB's or WR's. Plus if you look at some of the current great dynasty QB's they mostly started out as backups on their teams out of the gate, i.e. Rodgers, Brady or even were somewhat viewed as flops initially. i.e. Brees so starting out with young back up QB's with a stud RB or WR may work out better both in the long and short run. I'd much rather own Nick Chubb over Baker Mayfield, Barkley over Manning,  D.J. Moore over Cam Newton or Calvin Ridley over Matt Ryan.

In typical leagues I would say that QB is not very important however being a 32 team league if you get stuck with bottom third in QB's you will be behind for a long time.  In that case I would look to go after a QB after about 8 are off the board and try and get someone in the 8-12 range.  I would also stock up on backups that have pedigrees or a clear pathway to a starting role in a year or two later in the draft.

I would also target upside plays.  Players that can win you weeks by themselves are huge in larger leagues (like 32 team leagues).  Also, since it is IDP really do your homework as you can make up a lot of ground by hitting on the IDP side (assuming the scoring allows the IDP's to be meaningful).  The majority of fantasy players are fairly knowledgeable about offense.  It is easier it get info for offensive players so if you know your IDP side you can wait and get the lesser known IDP names that produce just as well as the name guys. 

Users who are viewing this thread