What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

STEELERS Vs Broncos week 12 (1 Viewer)

Dumbest rule in all of sportsdom:

Fumble out of bounds at 1-inch line = retain possession (no loss of yards)

Fumble out of bounds at goal line = lose possession (AND lose 20 yards)

It's such a senseless, illogical rule. In every other fumble scenario, the ball stays with the offense. But in this one exception, you not only give the defense credit for recovering the fumble (which they didn't earn), but you give them 20 free yards as well.

The league has changed so many rules to encourage scoring, but they kept this stupid rule which just took 7 points away.

edit: technically it didn't take 7 points away. But the rule should be changed so that the offense retains possession at the 1 OR at the 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if watt broke his hand, it didn't look good at all.  He basically threw a boxing punch trying to cause a fumble.

Dumbest rule in all of sportsdom:

which just took 7 points away.
Regardless of the rule - Grimble should have switched the ball to his left hand.  Had he executed that basic / no brainer task - he most likely would not have fumbled the ball.  Grimble's fumble cost the Steelers 7 points not the rule. 

Thought Pitt realized early in the year not to get lopsided w the pass to run % for them to win. This is shaping up now for two weeks in a row of going pass heavy. 

The look on Vance Joseph's face there said it all.  I could imagine him saying, "I didn't know they could do that." 

Thought Pitt realized early in the year not to get lopsided w the pass to run % for them to win. This is shaping up now for two weeks in a row of going pass heavy. 
Had the same idea. Tracking the game while I'm out. and see Ben has 31 passes in a 1 score game...makes no sense. Isn't DEN weak against the run? Are they stacking the box? 

on the blocked FG earlier - I thought it was a penalty to hurdle the snapper?

Had the same idea. Tracking the game while I'm out. and see Ben has 31 passes in a 1 score game...makes no sense. Isn't DEN weak against the run? Are they stacking the box? 
Blocked fg

Sure td fumbled through endzone

Offense has moved the ball ok

One of the worst plays I've ever seen by a WR there.  Washington had no reason to leap like that.  ####### horrible and should be benched for that.

ETA - exaggeration but it was horrible.

I think it was Romo who mentioned earlier that the Steelers may be the most complete team in the NFL?  I'm sorry but you can't watch what the Saints have been doing lately and make that type of comment.

Users who are viewing this thread