What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jaleel McLaughlin, DEN (1 Viewer)

Overbid and got him in one league, underbid and missed out on him in another. Really bummed I couldn’t get him in both, should have just followed my gut and bid high. I think there’s something here with this kid.

Probably going to be a popular waiver addition this week.
Yup, figures it’d happen the week after I drop him. I wanted to hold Zach Evans for another week (FYI I dropped him today as well). If I drop any more lotto ticket RBs I’ll let you guys know so you can get a head start.
For full disclosure, my dynasty league is very quiet with regards to trades (a few managers who refuse to trade at all, it's frustrating), so I effectively have to trade with myself and I'm very active on the waiver wire as a result. Picking up and sampling different sleepers who I like, but I don't always have the room or the patience to keep them when other options are needed or wanted.

RBs I owned last season who were picked up by other managers this season:

Kyren Williams (Wk 2 waivers)
Gus Edwards (pre-Wk 1 free agency)
Justice Hill (Wk 2 waivers)
Joshua Kelley (Wk 2 waivers)

RBs I owned this season who I dropped and got scooped up by other managers:

Keaton Mitchell (Wk 2 free agency)
Jerick McKinnon (Wk 4 waivers)
Jaleel McLaughlin (Wk 5 waivers)
Rico Dowdle (Wk 4 waivers)

I just cut Isaiah Spiller this morning, so if he becomes a thing this season, you can blame/thank me for it.

Edit - I did cut and re-add Jerome Ford earlier this season and was lucky to have him stashed before Nick Chubb's injury. I'm trying to be more cautious about showing my hand since my league mates seem to have caught on now.

Last edited:
One concern is pass pro. PFF graded him pretty poorly in this regard so far. Anyone know if he fared better in college. Gotta imagine he was decent with the way he was featured.

Probably going to be a popular waiver addition this week.
Yup, figures it’d happen the week after I drop him. I wanted to hold Zach Evans for another week (FYI I dropped him today as well). If I drop any more lotto ticket RBs I’ll let you guys know so you can get a head start.
For full disclosure, my dynasty league is very quiet with regards to trades (a few managers who refuse to trade at all, it's frustrating), so I effectively have to trade with myself and I'm very active on the waiver wire as a result. Picking up and sampling different sleepers who I like, but I don't always have the room or the patience to keep them when other options are needed or wanted.

RBs I owned last season who were picked up by other managers this season:

Kyren Williams (Wk 2 waivers)
Gus Edwards (pre-Wk 1 free agency)
Justice Hill (Wk 2 waivers)
Joshua Kelley (Wk 2 waivers)

RBs I owned this season who I dropped and got scooped up by other managers:

Keaton Mitchell (Wk 2 free agency)
Jerick McKinnon (Wk 4 waivers)
Jaleel McLaughlin (Wk 5 waivers)
Rico Dowdle (Wk 4 waivers)

I just cut Isaiah Spiller this morning, so if he becomes a thing this season, you can blame/thank me for it.

Edit - I did cut and re-add Jerome Ford earlier this season and was lucky to have him stashed before Nick Chubb's injury. I'm trying to be more cautious about showing my hand since my league mates seem to have caught on now.
Similar for me. Cut Jaleel after grabbing him...but I did hold Ford all off season and this year in dynasty. Wish I would have kept him as I got outbid today.

At least I was able to get him in 3/4 redrafts so it takes a little of the sting away.

I have Javonte and down with Covid right now so wasn't paying too much attention to the wire last night, but woke up this a.m and nobody took a shot on McLaughlin.....so just got him for free....in fact dropped Roschon, added Kyler Murray - moved him to IR, and THEN got Jaleel....worked out nicely.

I got him in my other league. I definitely have that feeling that this guy is gonna return good value this season. Javonte and Samaje both seem slow. It makes sense since Javonte is a year removed from a devastating knee injury and Samaje has always been a backup.

Surprised I got him for 47 dollars in the only dynasty I am in that he was not rostered.

I thought he was going to go for close to a hundred.

Love betting on highly talented starved players. A wise man on these very boards once said that fantasy success comes at the cross section of

TALENT + OPPORTUNITY + MOTIVATION.

Let's go, kid, your opportunity has arrived!

Love betting on highly talented starved players. A wise man on these very boards once said that fantasy success comes at the cross section of

TALENT + OPPORTUNITY + MOTIVATION.

Let's go, kid, your opportunity has arrived!
it = info

ESPN bumped up McLaughlin & Perine's projected points today. They have them projected as virtually equal.

Javonte practiced today, so not sure how that will work out just yet. Have to keep an eye on this situation.
But according to the Javonte thread he's washed up, slow and headed for a lost year.

So shouldn't really impact Jaleel much either way.

Point taken, but I don't think Javonte makes a huge difference here. He or Perine will be the 1A to McGloughlin's 1B usage going forward IMO, and given McG's size, that's easily the best course for all parties, including excited McG fantasy owners. Players like Achane and McG don't need as many chances at the plate to eat big.

Denver 7’s Troy Renck reports Broncos RB Jaleel McLaughlin will have a larger workload in Week 5 vs the Jets.

The Broncos plan to meet Friday night to make a decision on whether to rule out Javonte Williams (questionable, quad). McLaughlin led the backfield in snaps before Williams went down in Week 4, playing ahead of Williams and Samaje Perine. ***There are rumors McLaughlin, who has touchdowns in two of Denver’s first four games, could start over Williams even if cleared.*** McLaughlin’s Week 5 ceiling is high for a favorable matchup with the Jets run defense and his floor gets a bump if Williams sits.
14h ago
Source: ABC Denver

💥

Love betting on highly talented starved players

Yep. You're right about that. Whether Jaleel is going to get the opportunity over Javonte is another thing. But when he does, I look for him to succeed for a bit. The Jets just got gashed by the mediocrity that is Isiah Pacheco.

Yikes, I might have to start this guy as RB2 if Stevenson doesn't play. That's still likely better than my other Stevenson league, where I'll have to start Spears. Injuries and byes suck.

I don't really expect this guy to take over or be much other than a COP back, but it would be better for me if Javonte missed a week (which doesn't look likely).

Anyone else kinda wish Perine would gamble on football and get caught? I'd like to see this kid get a chance to carry a full load. He's fun to watch

Users who are viewing this thread