What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (6 Viewers)

New Jeffrey Epstein accuser goes public; defamation lawsuit targets Dershowitz

A new victim has gone public in the Jeffrey Epstein case, filing a sworn affidavit in federal court in New York Tuesday, saying that she was sexually assaulted and her then-15-year-old sister molested by Epstein and his companion, Ghislaine Maxwell, in 1996.

Maria Farmer, then 26, claims that she was employed by Epstein, a multimillionaire financier who lived in a vast mansion on New York’s Upper East Side, and that she frequently saw “school-age girls’’ wearing uniforms come into the mansion and go upstairs. She was told that the girls were auditioning for modeling work, according to her affidavit.

Then an art student in New York, Farmer said she reported her assault to New York police and the FBI in 1996. FBI documents released April 1 make a reference to Farmer having been interviewed in 2006 or 2007. However, Farmer, now 49, said the FBI did not take any action against Epstein and Maxwell.

“To my knowledge, I was the first person to report Maxwell and Epstein to the FBI. It took a significant amount of bravery for me to make that call because I knew how incredibly powerful and influential both Epstein and Maxwell were, particularly in the art community,’’ she wrote.

Farmer’s affidavit is one of 15 exhibits attached to a defamation complaint filed in federal court in the Southern District of New York by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, one of Epstein’s victims, against Alan Dershowitz, one of Epstein’s most vocal and powerful attorneys.

Giuffre claims in the lawsuit, as she has in past court filings, that Dershowitz, 80, knew about and participated in a sex-trafficking operation involving underage girls and run by Epstein and Maxwell, and that she was forced to have sex with Dershowitz and other prominent, wealthy menwhen she was underage.

Dershowitz has railed against the allegations for years, maintaining that he has never met Giuffre. He also says he has documents and other evidence that prove she is lying.

...In recent months, Dershowitz has waged a public relations war against Giuffre, her lawyers and the Miami Herald, which published a series of articles about Epstein in November. The series, “Perversion of Justice,” focused on how the former U.S. attorney in Miami, now Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, brokered a non-prosecution deal giving Epstein federal immunity, despite overwhelming evidence that he had sexually assaulted dozens of girls. The series mentioned Dershowitz, who represented Epstein during the negotiations, including Giuffre’s sex abuse allegations against the Harvard lawyer.

Giuffre’s lawsuit does not provide evidence of Giuffre having sex with Dershowitz, or provide dates when the abuse allegedly happened. But it does provide a chapter-and-verse history of Dershowitz’s public statements and attempts to take each statement he’s made and discredit them.

For example, Dershowitz has said that he has never seen any underage girls when he visited Epstein at the financier’s various homes in Palm Beach, New Mexico and New York. But Farmer, who now lives in Kentucky, claims that one of her duties working for Epstein was to staff the front door to his New York estate and to keep track of visitors.

“On a number of occasions I witnessed Dershowitz at the NY mansion going upstairs at the same time there were young girls under the age of 18 who were present upstairs in the house,’’ she said in the affidavit, asserting that Dershowitz was so comfortable he would walk into the mansion and go directly upstairs.

Dershowitz said that would have been impossible because he did not meet Epstein until August 1996 on Martha’s Vineyard. 

“I was never upstairs in Jeffrey Epstein’s apartment, never ever,’’ Dershowitz said. “This is typical of the complaints in this case by the [David] Boies firm, very sloppy. I would not have felt comfortable going upstairs because I didn’t know [Epstein] very well then.’’

Farmer did not say when she saw Dershowitz or if she saw him in the presence of any young girls. But the lawsuit points to at least one witness — former Palm Beach house manager Alfredo Rodriguez — who has alleged he did see Dershowitz in the presence of young girls and women at Epstein’s waterfront mansion. Rodriguez was prosecuted by the FBI for obstructing justice when he tried to sell Epstein’s “little black book’’ listing the hedge fund manager’s friends, business associates, celebrity guests and a long list of female masseuses. Rodriguez died in prison.

Another woman, Sarah Ransome, also submitted an affidavit with the lawsuit with new details about sex she claims she had with Dershowitz.

Ransome says that she was introduced to Epstein when she was 22 years old and living in New York. She claims that she spent time at Epstein’s mansion and was “lent out’’ by him to his friends for sex. Among those friends was Dershowitz, she said in the affidavit. She alleges she had a three-way sexual encounter with Dershowitz and Nadia Marcinkova, a young adult who also worked for Epstein.

“I recall specific, key details of his person and the sex acts and can describe them in the event it becomes necessary to do so,’’ Ransome said in the affidavit. ...

The suit also said Sarah Ransome had accused Epstein and Maxwell of trafficking her for sex to Dershowitz and others, and that Dershowitz also tried to discredit Ransome similarly to how he had Giuffre.

“After Dershowitz’s claimed proof of evidence collapsed, and the evidence of his guilt grew, Roberts’ lawyers told Dershowitz in writing that they ‘had discovered evidence inconsistent with some of [your] representations,’ noting that some of his travel records were incomplete, and therefore were not adequate to show he could not have been in the same place as Giuffre during the time she was working for Epstein, the lawsuit said.

Giuffre claims that Dershowitz is still working on behalf of Epstein, who is using Dershowitz to intimidate victims to deter them from coming forward, fearing a new federal investigation, the suit says. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if the actual child sex ring involving incredibly powerful people got as much attention as the fake one that happened in the nonexistent basement of a pizza joint.

I'm not holding my breath.
We should propose an equivalent that is radical to inform the populace. WAIT.... not political figures. Not children. Not artists, not commentator.... crap what's left boys? Oh yeah...that.......

It would be nice if the actual child sex ring involving incredibly powerful people got as much attention as the fake one that happened in the nonexistent basement of a pizza joint.

This case has gotten lots of press, as it should.  2 articles up on Drudge right now, in fact.

Unfortunately conspiracy theories tend to get a lot of attention.  The pizza joint, Russia collusion, etc.   I'd still say Epstein has gotten at least as much press.

I would suggest that Pizzagate gained some traction because many people were already aware that there was something foul about the Epstein case, given his connections to very powerful people.  

I would suggest that Pizzagate gained some traction because many people were already aware that there was something foul about the Epstein case, given his connections to very powerful people.  
Acosta is a cabinet secretary. Is that getting any notice on the Dark Web?

I would suggest pizzagate gained traction because those who believed in it would always believe in any conspiracy theory surrounding democrats.  And was pushed by people they listen to and still believe.

Is there an official scoreboard somewhere?  Personally I know more about Epstein and have spent far more time with it, but, of course, my experience may not be representative.  I spent no time on the other. I could not even begin to cogently state the allegations of that one as I dismissed them out of hand so quickly and simply chose to not follow that story, though I imagine there was some salacious fun if one did, also a great deal of offense and disgust.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jeffrey-epstein-s-once-secret-sex-offender-plea-deal-must-n1021471

Absolute bull####! Barr’s DoJ is a corrupt joke. 

Fix is in. Not enough to corrupt America for money from foreign governments, we now excuse rape of children.

The President is a rapist, and if this case were able to play out with the transparency the victims deserve, I bet you we’d be faced with incontrovertible proof he raped children. 
The DOJ has no choice but to honor the deal...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jeffrey-epstein-s-once-secret-sex-offender-plea-deal-must-n1021471

Absolute bull####! Barr’s DoJ is a corrupt joke. 

Fix is in. Not enough to corrupt America for money from foreign governments, we now excuse rape of children.

The President is a rapist, and if this case were able to play out with the transparency the victims deserve, I bet you we’d be faced with incontrovertible proof he raped children. 
>>Prosecutors said a violation of the Crime Victims' Rights Act does not allow for the agreement to be voided. Some of the victims claim the deal, known as a non-prosecution agreement or NPA, should be thrown out at least partially because they were not consulted as required under that law.<<

- Everything else aside this is pretty interesting, especially as the DOJ seems to acknowledge the law was not followed. I’m not sure what happens here. The victims have to reply by July 8th.

>>Prosecutors said a violation of the Crime Victims' Rights Act does not allow for the agreement to be voided. Some of the victims claim the deal, known as a non-prosecution agreement or NPA, should be thrown out at least partially because they were not consulted as required under that law.<<

- Everything else aside this is pretty interesting, especially as the DOJ seems to acknowledge the law was not followed. I’m not sure what happens here. The victims have to reply by July 8th.
The law itself doesn’t really provide much opportunity for relief or damages if not followed except in very specific circumstances.  

>>Billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was arrested for allegedly sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005, and will appear in court in New York on Monday, according to three law enforcement sources. The arrest comes about 12 years after the 66-year-old financier essentially got a slap on the wrist for allegedly molesting dozens of underage girls in Florida.<<

- Whoa. Let’s hear it for New York.

>>Billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was arrested for allegedly sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005, and will appear in court in New York on Monday, according to three law enforcement sources. The arrest comes about 12 years after the 66-year-old financier essentially got a slap on the wrist for allegedly molesting dozens of underage girls in Florida.<<

- Whoa. Let’s hear it for New York.
To be fair - this is an FBI-led case (i.e. its federal, not state, charges.)

The new indictment—which, according to two sources, will be unsealed Monday in Manhattan federal court—will reportedly allege that Epstein sexually exploited dozens of underage girls in a now-familiar scheme: paying them cash for "massages" and then molesting or sexually abusing them in his Upper East Side mansion or his palatial residence in Palm Beach. Epstein will be charged with one count of sex trafficking of minors and one count of conspiracy to engage in sex trafficking of minors—which could put him away for a maximum of 45 years. The case is being handled by the Public Corruption Unit of the Southern District of New York, with assistance from the district's human-trafficking officials and the FBI.

Overall, excellent news. This thing could pull in Trump and Clinton, so expect backdoor dealing at the highest levels. Expect more travesties of justice. 
Didn't you keep saying, again and again and again, that the original charges would pull in Clinton?

Mr. Ham said:
Bill, of course. Lolita express and the island. He ditched secret service to be out of range of eyes that could see what he was doing with those girls.
But nothing came of Bill with the Lolita express and this was just another one of your out of left field conspiracy theories involving the Clintons.

Well, we will see if Individual 1 is named in the indictment ...

But, I suspect this may have stemmed from an original investigation into the people involved in the plea deal, and coverup.
I don’t think that would rule out Trump. Any coverup likely has Trump’s fingerprints all over it. 

That DB article eventually takes you to this piece by Vicky Ward.  What a cretin this guy is.  

I had to put all my findings to Epstein and, bizarrely, he seemed almost unconcerned about the financial irregularities I’d exposed. He admitted to working with and for Hoffenberg but quibbled with some of the specifics of Hoffenberg’s allegations, reminding me that Hoffenberg was a convicted felon. Third parties in turn quibbled with his accounts, and he was irritated, but not overly so.

I was a little mystified at how benignly he responded to my questions about his business activities. Now, when I look at my meticulous notes, I notice that his tempo quickened—and he was much more focused—when he himself asked: “What do you have on the girls?” He would ask the question over and over again.

What I had “on the girls” were some remarkably brave first-person accounts. Three on-the-record stories from a family: a mother and her daughters who came from Phoenix. The oldest daughter, an artist whose character was vouchsafed to me by several sources, including the artist Eric Fischl, had told me, weeping as she sat in my living room, of how Epstein had attempted to seduce both her and, separately, her younger sister, then only 16.

He’d gotten to them because of his money. He’d promised the older sister patronage of her art work; he’d promised the younger funding for a trip abroad that would give her the work experience she needed on her résumé for a place at an Ivy League university, which she desperately wanted—and would win.

The girls’ mother told me by phone that she had thought her daughters would be safe under Epstein’s roof, not least because he phoned her to reassure her, and she also knew he had Ghislaine Maxwell with him at all times.

When the girls’ mother learned that Epstein had, regardless, allegedly molested her 16-year-old daughter, she’d wanted to fight back. “At the time I wanted to go after him. I mean, physically, mentally, you know, in every way, shape, and form. And the advice I was given was, you know, he is so wealthy, he can fight you, he can make you look ridiculous, he can make your daughters look ridiculous, plus he can hurt them. And that was the thing that frightened me was that he would know where they lived and could possibly just send somebody when they walk the dog at night or something around the corner, and we’d never hear from them again,” she told me.

When I put their allegations to Epstein, he denied them and went into overdrive. He called Graydon. He also repeatedly phoned me. He said, “Just the mention of a 16-year-old girl… carries the wrong impression. I don’t see what it adds to the piece. And that makes me unhappy.”

Next, Epstein attacked both me and my sources. Letters purporting to be from the women were sent to Graydon, which the women claimed (and gave evidence to show me) were fabricated fakes. I had my own notes to disprove Epstein’s claims against me.

And then there was Epstein himself, who, I’d be told after I’d given birth, got past security at Condé Nast and went into the Vanity Fair offices. By now everyone at the magazine was completely spooked.

But my sources, my young women and their mother, heroically held firm. They were going to tell their story, consequences be damned. And as for me? My doctor insisted that once I filed this piece I lie down on my bed and not get out. One of my babies had started to grow alarmingly slowly.

I worked through December 2002 like a dog. I worked with three fact-checkers, the magazine’s lawyer; I sifted through everything Epstein threw at me and defused it. We were getting ready to go to press. And then the bullet came. “Graydon’s taking out the women from the piece,” Doug Stumpf, my editor, told me.

I began to cry. It was so wrong. The family had been so brave. I thought about the mother, her fear of the dark, of the harm she feared might come to her daughters. And then I thought of all the rich, powerful men in suits ready to talk about Epstein’s “great mind.”

“Why?” I asked Graydon. “He’s sensitive about the young women” was his answer. “And we still get to run most of the piece.”

Many years later I know that Graydon made the call that seemed right to him then—and though the episode still deeply rankles me I don’t blame him. He sits in different shoes from me; editors are faced with these sorts of decisions all the time, and disaster can strike if they don’t err on the side of caution.

It came down to my sources’ word against Epstein’s… and at the time Graydon believed Epstein. In my notebook I have him saying, “I believe him… I’m Canadian.”

Today, my editor at The Daily Beast emailed Graydon to ask why he had excised the women’s stories from my article. A Vanity Fair spokeswoman responded: “Epstein denied the charges at the time and since the claims were unsubstantiated and no criminal investigation had been initiated, we decided not to include them in what was a financial story.”

But this wasn’t a financial story, it was a classic Vanity Fair profile of a society figure. I don’t know—because I never asked him—if Graydon still believed Epstein when in 2007 Epstein was sentenced to jail time for soliciting underage prostitutes. But it has often struck me that if my piece had named the women, the FBI might have come after Epstein sooner and perhaps some of his victims, now, in the latest spate of allegations, allegedly either paid off or too fearful of retribution to speak up, would have been saved.

He has a way of spooking you, does Epstein. Or he did. My babies were born prematurely, dangerously so; he’d asked which hospital I was giving birth at—and I was so afraid that somehow, with all his connections to the academic and medical community, that he was coming for my little ones that I put security on them in the NICU.

When they’d been released home some months later, I went out to my first party. There was Jeffrey Epstein, sucking a lollipop. “Vicky,” he said, “you look so pretty.”

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump said in 2002. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

https://twitter.com/JohnDoe78359022/status/1147661842925445120

BREAKING: The Daily Beast is reporting that Jeffrey Epstein was arrested tonight for allegedly "sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005." 

He's due in court Monday morning. 

People who are known to have flown on Jeffrey Epstein's private plane in the early 2000's include President Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker

Woody Allen and his wife were photographed walking with Jeffrey Epstein after Epstein’s release from prison for soliciting six from a minor.

After his release from prison for soliciting sex rom a minor, Jeffrey Epstein hosted a party attended by @katiecouric, Woody Allen, @chelseahandler, and ABC News Chief Anchor @GStephanopoulos 

In 2002, before Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest, President Trump was quoted in New York Magazine saying “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy... It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

According to the Guardian, Jeffrey Epstein’s address book included phone numbers for Tony Blair, Michael Bloomberg, Richard Branson, Bill Clinton, Rupert Murdoch, Donald Trump, Dustin Hoffman, Naomi Campbell, and Queen Elizabeth’s son Prince Andrew

A woman filed a lawsuit accusing Jeffrey Epstein of forcing her to have sex with Prince Andrew in three separate occasions when she was only 17

Miami Herald source on Jeffrey Epstein’s court hearing:

“That bail hearing will be critical because if they grant him bail, he will disappear and they will never get him”

https://twitter.com/JohnDoe78359022/status/1147661842925445120

BREAKING: The Daily Beast is reporting that Jeffrey Epstein was arrested tonight for allegedly "sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005." 

He's due in court Monday morning. 

People who are known to have flown on Jeffrey Epstein's private plane in the early 2000's include President Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker

Woody Allen and his wife were photographed walking with Jeffrey Epstein after Epstein’s release from prison for soliciting six from a minor.

After his release from prison for soliciting sex rom a minor, Jeffrey Epstein hosted a party attended by @katiecouric, Woody Allen, @chelseahandler, and ABC News Chief Anchor @GStephanopoulos 

In 2002, before Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest, President Trump was quoted in New York Magazine saying “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy... It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

According to the Guardian, Jeffrey Epstein’s address book included phone numbers for Tony Blair, Michael Bloomberg, Richard Branson, Bill Clinton, Rupert Murdoch, Donald Trump, Dustin Hoffman, Naomi Campbell, and Queen Elizabeth’s son Prince Andrew

A woman filed a lawsuit accusing Jeffrey Epstein of forcing her to have sex with Prince Andrew in three separate occasions when she was only 17

Miami Herald source on Jeffrey Epstein’s court hearing:

“That bail hearing will be critical because if they grant him bail, he will disappear and they will never get him”
It’s unlikely all the power players in his phone book were involved in this.  It’s equally unlikely that none of them were. 

To be fair - this is an FBI-led case (i.e. its federal, not state, charges.)

The new indictment—which, according to two sources, will be unsealed Monday in Manhattan federal court—will reportedly allege that Epstein sexually exploited dozens of underage girls in a now-familiar scheme: paying them cash for "massages" and then molesting or sexually abusing them in his Upper East Side mansion or his palatial residence in Palm Beach. Epstein will be charged with one count of sex trafficking of minors and one count of conspiracy to engage in sex trafficking of minors—which could put him away for a maximum of 45 years. The case is being handled by the Public Corruption Unit of the Southern District of New York, with assistance from the district's human-trafficking officials and the FBI.
Thanks. So federal, which means a federal crime, right? 

I guess the minimalist approach is the public corruption aspect might mean a sort of racket? Because otherwise how does this get worked in without public favors of some kind?

Conspiracy obviously means one other person. Would that be Maxwell?

Also it’s one count which I guess means one victim has come forward and she must be lock solid.

Ill add this sounds like the reporting the Miami Herald did on JE’s activities in NYC. They have been dogged especially Julie Brown.

Take this for what it’s worth, but this is apparently (per Twitter) a court filing from 2016 naming Donald J Trump as a defendant alongside Epstein, and detailing his abuses.

https://doc-0o-44-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/23nbsh7krd5ua8nm1199jdj9umom4fjf/1562472000000/11529635909308128390/*/14SGsAvFUiBOQ--_dCZ1L6l-tjnGgsKG9?e=download

Epstein pleaded the 5th in regard to Trump!
If these new charges are based on the cooperation of ‘Tiffany Doe’ and that is truthful testimony, this will be one of the biggest scandals in history. And I sincerely hope she is somewhere under strict protection. That testimony is only about the woman accusing Trump. It’s likely she was witness to much more than that.

Reading that turned my stomach but nothing about it is hard to believe.

If these new charges are based on the cooperation of ‘Tiffany Doe’ and that is truthful testimony, this will be one of the biggest scandals in history. And I sincerely hope she is somewhere under strict protection. That testimony is only about the woman accusing Trump. It’s likely she was witness to much more than that.

Reading that turned my stomach but nothing about it is hard to believe.
It made me sick but it’s probably fake. Until we get proof though, anyone who has association with Epstein is gonna be a target of this kind of thing

Mr. Ham said:
Take this for what it’s worth, but this is apparently (per Twitter) a court filing from 2016 naming Donald J Trump as a defendant alongside Epstein, and detailing his abuses.

https://doc-0o-44-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/23nbsh7krd5ua8nm1199jdj9umom4fjf/1562472000000/11529635909308128390/*/14SGsAvFUiBOQ--_dCZ1L6l-tjnGgsKG9?e=download

Epstein pleaded the 5th in regard to Trump!
I believe that’s the one that was dismissed and refiled before the election.  The one most of the right dismissed as unbelievable lies. 

timschochet said:
Do you realize that you’re literally the only person here who is trying to defend somebody on your own side? 

Shame on you. 
 Meh.  Epstein is a scumbag and this all needs to be brought to light, but there’s a process for that.  Ham likes his conspiracy theories.  The people who are guilty deserve to spend their lives in prison.  They need to be found guilty first though.

I know you guys like to dismiss, even ban people for discussing "Q" stuff. How would you feel if it turns out you were wrong this whole time. In fact you have been defending rapists and pedophiles? 

I would hope that you would set your hatred of Trump aside. 

Based on every single thread in this forum though, that is unlikely.

I will likely be banned for my "wrong think" but I will check back in when it is all revealed. Especially interested in Maurile's take as he has been one of the strongest supporters.
Who is defending ‘rapists and pedophiles’? Almost everyone is saying take everyone down even if it’s Bill.

Speaking of "Q", it mentioned Epstein 17 times. Seems odd that if "Q" was some pro Trump conspiracy it would be shining light on something that would bring Trump down because he is, in your words, a pedophile.

17 times "Q" mentioned Epstein

Perhaps there is some truth to the claims that there are sex trafficking rings among the rich and famous.

Speaking of, I didn't see any threads on NXVIM, the sex trafficking ring whose leader was recently convicted. They have some uncomfortably close ties to Gillibrands and the Clintons.
That’s weird.  There was actually a thread - maybe a discussion in another - when the story originally broke. I remember discussing it on here.  Can’t find it now either. 

Julie Brown on MSNBC talking about Epstein and the current allegations.  She said there are definitely some powerful people sweating it out right now if Epstein starts naming names. 

They asked about his relationship to Trump and her reply was that they were friendly and had a few dinners together.  Trump had been on Epstein's plane before. 

Apparently Trump had/has a modelling agency and Epstein is on record wanting to set up a modelling agency "like Trumps".

Users who are viewing this thread