What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (3 Viewers)

just an absolutely horrific story.  I don't see how what Acosta did was even legal...how does a prosecutor call off FBI investigations, offer immunity to the perpetrator as well conspirators, hide the agreement from the victims and give Epstein a year of "work release".  Epstein should be executed...there's nothing worse than serially abusing children and ruining their lives.  Just awful...and what kind of person, a prosecutor no less, can cover that up?  makes me nauseous.  Acosta should be in jail as well....just unconscionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
just an absolutely horrific story.  I don't see how what Acosta did was even legal...how does a prosecutor call off FBI investigations, offer immunity to the perpetrator as well conspirators, hide the agreement from the victims and give Epstein a year of "work release".  Epstein should be executed...there's nothing worse than serially abusing children and ruining their lives.  Just awful...and what kind of person, a prosecutor no less, can cover that up?  makes me nauseous.  Acosta should be in jail as well....just unconscionable.
And the fact that this person is in the Trump administration and may be considered for AG is not surprising.

And the fact that this person is in the Trump administration and may be considered for AG is not surprising.
you really can't get worse than that unless they were murdering children...I can't even understand a possible justification for an agreement with such a horrendous person.

One of the worst aspects of this is that the girls were treated as prostitutes and implicitly subject to prosecution. That would be enough to act as a sort effective NDA whereby the girls would be scared like hell to talk. Virginia Roberts ended up in Australia.

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP

BREAKING: Politically-connected Florida financier Jeffrey Epstein settles lawsuit, avoiding testimony by women he allegedly abused.

7:02 AM - 4 Dec 2018

again...dodges any kind of responsibility by paying a few $'s to avoid the public testimonials.  pathetic.

I could see Acosta resigning. More sexual assault victims, who came forward after 2008, will testify in the next week. Was Acosta out-lawyered as Dershowitz said. One WP story suggested he was afraid of losing the case and the effect it would have on his career. Acosta claimed that his staff was essentially being stalked by the defense team. 

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP

BREAKING: Politically-connected Florida financier Jeffrey Epstein settles lawsuit, avoiding testimony by women he allegedly abused.

7:02 AM - 4 Dec 2018

again...dodges any kind of responsibility by paying a few $'s to avoid the public testimonials.  pathetic.
Wow, on the courthouse steps.

Epstein also put out an apology to Edwards, the attorney for the girls.

I could see Acosta resigning. More sexual assault victims, who came forward after 2008, will testify in the next week. Was Acosta out-lawyered as Dershowitz said. One WP story suggested he was afraid of losing the case and the effect it would have on his career. Acosta claimed that his staff was essentially being stalked by the defense team. 
I just can't believe that....when you have the FBI going all over the country and finding dozens of children who've been abused by him and others you have the backing of the gov't.  If you put a few of them on the stand it's game over...rich guy paying high school girls a couple hundred $'s to abuse them...that's about the easiest case you can try.

Uh no. As we've seen always with Trump his base is lock solid no matter what and that's all that matters. Is there any story more antithetical to everything Trumpites claim to be against? You've got Swamp turned up to 1000, pedophilia, public officials, and corruptions. I brought this up ages ago to Trumpites when they roamed around here and it was just static.

But Acosta was not outlawyered by Dersh, he was working with with Dersh. Acosta, Dersh, the US Attorney and the judge all did this together. 

That settlement is incredible - it actually says the girls claims were true. Epstein thinks he is totally free via the non-prosecution agreement.

So, how is Epstein SO well connected?
Money. He gave a lot to Harvard and has a fascination with computational biology, attending many seminars. He went to Cooper Union and dropped out, so he's math smart. He has hung out at  Harvard with Summers and others. That could be the Dershowitz connection. 

The thing is, a man with his experience and connections does not threaten to sue, he sues, at least he does so if he has been wronged and he is in the right.  He only threatens to do so and eschews actually doing so when he is bluffing because he does not hold the cards.
This is probably true.  It was memorable - wasn't implying anything other than that.

That settlement is incredible - it actually says the girls claims were true. Epstein thinks he is totally free via the non-prosecution agreement.
Epstein has good lawyers.  One would assume his legal counsel thinks this is the low risk/no risk play.

Epstein has good lawyers.  One would assume his legal counsel thinks this is the low risk/no risk play.
That is implicit here, yeah. But the cost and risk to himself and others must be potentially huge, because looking at that apology I'm guessing they just told Edwards to write his number on a paper and they paid it.

He probably is.  

These civil cases like the one that just settled - I swear they take years of your life off of you every time you prosecute one.  I have a lot of respect for Edwards today.

For the victims, these suits are not about the money, and not about hurting the perpetrator.  Hell, each victim could get $10 million and Epstein would still be worth $1.6 billion.  Cold comfort in that kind of result.

These suits about having someone believe the victims and be willing to go to the mat for them.  Edwards walks the walk.

they're only concerned with Clinton's pedo ring...
Aren't they one in the same?

Former President Bill Clinton was a much more frequent flyer on a registered sex offender’s infamous jet than previously reported, with flight logs showing the former president taking at least 26 trips aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights, according to records obtained by FoxNews.com.

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.

“Bill Clinton … associated with a man like Jeffrey Epstein, who everyone in New York, certainly within his inner circles, knew was a pedophile,” said Conchita Sarnoff, of the Washington, D.C. based non-profit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, and author of a book on the Epstein case called "TrafficKing." “Why would a former president associate with a man like that?”

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.”
Fox, 2016.

- I'm not sure anyone will ever get to the bottom of this. Is it possible some to many or even most traveled for business? Sure, just like I am sure Dershowitz did indeed use the island retreat for an actual family vacation once. And that's true of Trump, Dershowitz and any other R/D you want to fling a horseshoe at. The federal investigation was killed. I think the only way anyone ever gets to the bottom of this is if Epstein finally runs out of money to settle or the non-prosecution agreement is somehow thrown out, which I am not sure is possible (I seriously doubt it).

- eta - Not only was the agreement applicable to Epstein, but also to any potential coconspirators.

I wouldn’t be so sure, based on the original Hearld article, that the prosecution agreement will hold up.  It was illegal.  
I'm certainly no lawyer, but wouldn't double jeopardy apply?  Or is this a case of state and federal prosecutions being separate items?

I'm certainly no lawyer, but wouldn't double jeopardy apply?  Or is this a case of state and federal prosecutions being separate items?
I was wondering that too. I was also wondering how such a serious crime could be settled in the first place. 

The Dead Model and the Dirty Billionaire

>>Pedro Gaspar was a fixture in New York’s nightclub scene. Why did his sudden death—above a modeling agency tied to Jeffrey Epstein—go unnoticed?<<

According to a complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Epstein used the agency to lure underage prey. In those court documents, one alleged victim accused the billionaire of “deliberately engag[ing] in a pattern of racketeering that involved luring minor children through MC2, mostly girls under the age of 17, to engage in sexual play for money.”

Additional court documents filed in Florida by lawyers for some of Epstein’s accusers suggest Brunel procured young models by offering them visas. Once in the country, some of the models were allegedly funneled into Epstein’s various mansions and then victimized.

This guy is unbelievably awful.  Acosta should go to jail for letting this guy off the hook yet of course he’s in Trumps cabinet. 

Convinced there is no more justice in this country.  My hope for good to triumph over evil has vanished. Dark Helmet was right all along. 
We've seen lots of examples of the rule of man and the rule of law over the last number of years here.  This one is easily the most egregious.   And that includes the HSBC fiasco.

I was wondering that too. I was also wondering how such a serious crime could be settled in the first place. 
If Epstein’s list of partygoers and detailed descriptions of what went on came out I seriously think the damage in our political institutions would be massive.  This is one of those scandals where both parties would get annihilated.

I don’t think it’s ever going to come out.

If Epstein’s list of partygoers and detailed descriptions of what went on came out I seriously think the damage in our political institutions would be massive.  This is one of those scandals where both parties would get annihilated.

I don’t think it’s ever going to come out.
...which is pretty much the only way a true third party is going to rise enough to make a difference these days, so I'm for it.

But both parties would actually work together to keep that from happening.

A tale of 2 justice systems. 

In Miami-Dade county, there are about 2200 registered child sex offenders, of whom 500 are homeless, some because of their own choosing but many due to the requirement that they live more than 2,500 feet from schools. Some are married and can't  live in their own home because of the 2,500 foot rule, so they go there to eat and shower but have an official address under a structure such as a bridge, which is where they sleep. NPR interviewed one such person, who said he was accused of inappropriately touching his underage niece, and was threatened with 10 years in jail if he didn't confess. So he spent several  months in a real jail and is homeless, working in fast-food restaurants. 

I don’t think we know the whole story of what went down with the prosecution

where were the inspector general, attorney general and fbi director on this?  

I don’t think we know the whole story of what went down with the prosecution

where were the inspector general, attorney general and fbi director on this?  
If you read the news reports the FBI was loaded for bear, but they don’t prosecute. And the AG doesn’t approve settlements on a local level. IGs don’t get called in except to examine processes after the fact. I do think this seems like something that could be referred to the DOJ IG now though.

If you read the news reports the FBI was loaded for bear, but they don’t prosecute. And the AG doesn’t approve settlements on a local level. IGs don’t get called in except to examine processes after the fact. I do think this seems like something that could be referred to the DOJ IG now though.
If the Whole deal smelled bad, you don’t think somebody would be blowing the whistle?  You don’t think the FBI guys wouldn’t be complaining up the chain of command?  You don’t think they would be calling for an OIG investigation?  You don’t think the other prosecutors in Acosta’s office wouldn’t be raising hell?

If the Whole deal smelled bad, you don’t think somebody would be blowing the whistle?  You don’t think the FBI guys wouldn’t be complaining up the chain of command?  You don’t think they would be calling for an OIG investigation?  You don’t think the other prosecutors in Acosta’s office wouldn’t be raising hell?
On the fbi - Yes, but there’s a firewall.

On the IG - again they don’t do oversight in real time, that’s not what IGs of any kind do. They advise on processes, and like I said you may have a point, this seems like something an IG could look at now, but it’s not something the office would have looked at in real time.

About Acosta’s office, I believe he was the USA, he would have called the shot and made that decision. I don’t think AUSAs ever go above their boss.

There are new victims, so those could be prosecuted separately, right?  Every major new org in the world should be parked on the court steps in Florida daily.  This story must not go away until the full truth is known.  It never made sense to me with Dershowitz was so in the boat with Trump, defending the indefensible.  What makes it make sense is blackmail in a ring that would connect Dershowitz to the President.  Given who we’re dealing with, I give no benefit of any doubt.  We won’t know until that illegal non-prosecution agreement gets blown up and those records get unsealed.  I’m betting if Trump isn’t implicated, there’s a trail that leads to him (through other powerful figures).
I don’t think you’re off base here but I think it goes deeper than trump. Awfully quiet on both sides about this, probably lots of people who would have some ‘splainin to do if the facts came out. 

Users who are viewing this thread