Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Dan

Darrell Henderson - LA Rams

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Henderson would be a 13th-16th  round or later pick if a draft were held today.  Hopkins would be a 3rd round pick.  Henderson is an irrelevant aspect of any trade involving Hopkins.  10 Hendersons would not equal one Hopkins.

get your redraft out of my dynasty! 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

ugh. this is frustrating with deciding between Hilliman against a stout defense on a team with practically no offense on Thursday... or gambling on Henderson whom I have faith in from a talent perspective but has done zero to this point and could sit again anyways if Gurley plays

Why would you ever consider Hillman? He shouldn't even be rostered IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Why would you ever consider Hillman? He shouldn't even be rostered IMO.

Not saying he is any good but Hiliman did play 65% of the snaps for the Giants in their most recent game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Why would you ever consider Hillman? He shouldn't even be rostered IMO.

Because barkley and Gallman are out? 

Who else do you suggest I play along side Mixon:

Ty Johnson

Dare Ogunbowale 

Darrell Henderson (seen 1 carry all season- maybe that changes this week)

Brian Hill

Saquon Barkley (out)

Wayne Gallman (out)

Mark Walton (Q)

Devine Ozigbo (inactive likely, just looking for a guy to drop him for but none yet)

Darius Guice (IR)

Rodney Anderson (IR)

 

28 man rosters, the WW is picked bare. 

Hilliman stands to start tonight at least. :shrug: I didnt think it was an absurd option. In fact, League Dominator told me to roster and start him this week. 

 

I can wait and see what happens with Gurley and Dare can be my fall back. Hes good for about 5 points which is better than zero. 

With having no rb2 this week, and Engram out, I may get my first loss (beat the 3rd highest score of the week last week thanks to Robbie Gould and the football gods... my luck likely runs out this week)

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Obviously there are a lot of examples of rookie running backs who were fantasy forces from game 1 onward.  And there are a lot of examples of rookie running backs who took half a season or more to get going.  Henderson not getting snaps to begin the year doesn't even come close to precluding him from being fantasy elite later in the season.  A healthy Gurley is the only serious hurdle.

How can you say that Gurley is the only hurdle when Henderson is firmly behind Brown too? Henderson has only been in on 2 snaps - he’s not even a handcuff.

We may not have much insight into the details, but there is a reason he’s not playing, something he’s not bringing to the table that they expected him to when they drafted him. I highly doubt that is remedied by an injury to Gurley. 

Henderson is young and his dynasty owners shouldn’t cut bait yet, but I see no reason for redraft optimism. Most redraft rosters aren’t big enough to roster 3rd stringers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

How can you say that Gurley is the only hurdle when Henderson is firmly behind Brown too? Henderson has only been in on 2 snaps - he’s not even a handcuff.

We may not have much insight into the details, but there is a reason he’s not playing, something he’s not bringing to the table that they expected him to when they drafted him. I highly doubt that is remedied by an injury to Gurley. 

Henderson is young and his dynasty owners shouldn’t cut bait yet, but I see no reason for redraft optimism. Most redraft rosters aren’t big enough to roster 3rd stringers.

2019 Henderson owners should go have a beer with 2018 John Kelly owners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Not saying he is any good but Hiliman did play 65% of the snaps for the Giants in their most recent game.

I guess if he is an emergency sub sure. But he's the definition of fungible asset. Biodegradable to the max. In reading @Dr. Dan's nightmare league scenario I suppose he's worth a spot start. But IMO when you're staring down the barrel of starting a guy like this, it's time to make a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

I guess if he is an emergency sub sure. But he's the definition of fungible asset. Biodegradable to the max. In reading @Dr. Dan's nightmare league scenario I suppose he's worth a spot start. But IMO when you're staring down the barrel of starting a guy like this, it's time to make a trade.

Tried. I offered Corey Davis for Chris Thompson... 

No one is trading any RBs. I could maybe get McCoy for a 3rd. 

At this point I'm willing to take my week 6 lumps and come back week 7 with saquon and Mixon. I have a 2 game lead in the division. I was lucky enough to win last week so I wont get greedy

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dropped my kicker, Matt Bryant, for Henderson.  I can pick up Prater on Monday night if I need it to win.  Neither my opponent nor I have any other players going on Monday so I will go without a kicker unless I am trailing.  I will be taking the risk that someone could pick up Prater to block me.  My opponent doesn't  have any players to drop to pick Prater up.  High point scorer gets $50 so I might have to pick up and start Prater to win that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I dropped my kicker, Matt Bryant, for Henderson.  I can pick up Prater on Monday night if I need it to win.  Neither my opponent nor I have any other players going on Monday so I will go without a kicker unless I am trailing.  I will be taking the risk that someone could pick up Prater to block me.  My opponent doesn't  have any players to drop to pick Prater up.  High point scorer gets $50 so I might have to pick up and start Prater to win that.

Now we’re all emotionally invested. I think I speak for everyone when I say please provide a running update and how your team does

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tool said:

Now we’re all emotionally invested. I think I speak for everyone when I say please provide a running update and how your team does

Strategery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked there isn't more hype going into the weekend. Gurley is all but OUT this week, makes you wonder about the following week. 

Rams have a Bye in Week 9, after the Niners they have two easier games in Atlanta and Cinci, combined 1-9 record, it's possible Gurley isn't used much until they come back in Week 10...could Brown hold the job down by himself? I doubt it but anything is possible. 

It would appear as though there is some kind of light now shining in this direction with the injury bug popping up. 

Cone of Uncertainty...I'm starting to smell a TS Warning or Watch being posted tonight along the Treasure Coast, here we go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Shocked there isn't more hype going into the weekend. Gurley is all but OUT this week, makes you wonder about the following week. 

Rams have a Bye in Week 9, after the Niners they have two easier games in Atlanta and Cinci, combined 1-9 record, it's possible Gurley isn't used much until they come back in Week 10...could Brown hold the job down by himself? I doubt it but anything is possible. 

It would appear as though there is some kind of light now shining in this direction with the injury bug popping up. 

Cone of Uncertainty...I'm starting to smell a TS Warning or Watch being posted tonight along the Treasure Coast, here we go!

Also curious about the lack of hype.

This could be the beginning of the end for Gurley and the beginning of the beginning for Henderson.

May take some time, but the LAR didn't invest an early 3rd on this guy for no good reason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Shocked there isn't more hype going into the weekend.

 

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Also curious about the lack of hype.

 

I get enough flack from the trolls. at this point let's see what he does! I'm excited for his opportunity and I hope McVay gives it to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Also curious about the lack of hype.

This could be the beginning of the end for Gurley and the beginning of the beginning for Henderson.

May take some time, but the LAR didn't invest an early 3rd on this guy for no good reason.

I don’t think I’d start digging Gurleys grave just yet 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

May take some time, but the LAR didn't invest an early 3rd on this guy for no good reason.

You could say this about very bust ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurleys grave was dug last offseason.  He's halfway in it. 

Henderson should be doing a lot more than he has so far.  Let's see him get some game action before we judge, but I'm always concerned when coaches don't seem to like a guy enough to get him on the field. 

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Concept Coop said:

You could say this about very bust ever.

True but he’s not a bust quite yet. Worth a speculative add on the cheap before Sunday in case it hits. If not then it’s an easy drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Also curious about the lack of hype.

This could be the beginning of the end for Gurley and the beginning of the beginning for Henderson.

May take some time, but the LAR didn't invest an early 3rd on this guy for no good reason.

He could double his yards for the year. Wait 2x0 is still 0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

Gurleys grave was dug last offseason.  He's halfway in it. 

RB 15 in ppr, 7 pts from top 10

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

RB 15 in ppr, 7 pts from top 10

He's not dead, we just have his grave prepared and he's heading towards it.  

Moreso his value as a top end dynasty asset than his football career being over FWIW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

RB 15 in ppr, 7 pts from top 10

Yep, and now comes the enjoyment for Gurley owners of trying to guess how much workload he gets in each and every game once he returns.  My guess?  Not as much as the max 16 carries he’s been limited to ever since he was injured last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

RB 15 in ppr, 7 pts from top 10

#Rams played Todd Gurley on a season-high 93% of snaps last Thursday night, he picked up a quad injury be Seattle, now not going to play on a long week.

 

On the field:

 

* Career-low 4.9 yards/reception

* 4 straight games below 4.0 yards/carry

* 8 straight games below 20 touches

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1182747313980219394?s=21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it for what it's worth, but Torry Holt, who struck me as pretty locked in with the Rams organization still, was on Cowherd's show a few weeks back and spoke pretty highly of Henderson and thinks he will shine once he gets opportunities. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Take it for what it's worth, but Torry Holt, who struck me as pretty locked in with the Rams organization still, was on Cowherd's show a few weeks back and spoke pretty highly of Henderson and thinks he will shine once he gets opportunities. 

I believe it. Like a previous post pointed out, you don't burn a 3rd round pick on a guy to warm the bench for Malcome Brown.

Is there footage of Henderson picking up and laying out blitzing linebackers in college? Usually the last thing that keeps rookie RBs from serious play time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Yep, and now comes the enjoyment for Gurley owners of trying to guess how much workload he gets in each and every game once he returns.  My guess?  Not as much as the max 16 carries he’s been limited to ever since he was injured last year.

Anyone that drafted him this yr knew what they were getting into, imo

2 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

#Rams played Todd Gurley on a season-high 93% of snaps last Thursday night, he picked up a quad injury be Seattle, now not going to play on a long week.

 

On the field:

 

* Career-low 4.9 yards/reception

* 4 straight games below 4.0 yards/carry

* 8 straight games below 20 touches

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1182747313980219394?s=21

The original post that I quoted pretty much stated that Henderson was going to take Gurleys job

Theres not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening, imo

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, the Rams cherry-picked Henderson as a COP. McVay has been trying to find one since he got there. Even if you like Henderson, his dynasty outlook is highly unlikely to change (from the COP role). 

If Gurley can't be counted upon, the Rams will look at RB (probably a feature back-type) in the 2020 draft unless Brown/Henderson perform well. That remains to be seen.

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the hypelessness is that he looked like crap in preseason and hasn't had a sniff in the regular season.  People who liked are using new information to change their minds. Or at least throw some caution into the mix.

Edited by Popeyecon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Yep, and now comes the enjoyment for Gurley owners of trying to guess how much workload he gets in each and every game once he returns.  My guess?  Not as much as the max 16 carries he’s been limited to ever since he was injured last year.

So, they limit the carries, but he's out there to pick up just about every blitz sent their way?

He's not the same player, but this myopic look at touches without any other context doesn't tell anything close to the full story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Koya said:

So, they limit the carries, but he's out there to pick up just about every blitz sent their way?

He's not the same player, but this myopic look at touches without any other context doesn't tell anything close to the full story.

Believe a blitz pickup = RB carry all you want.  Haven’t seen too many RBs suffer significant injuries blocking a blitzing linebacker.  

At this stage, it doesn’t really matter if there is an “other context” limiting his carries, nor what anyone assumes that narrative might be. It’s been ten straight games over two seasons in which he hasn’t had more than 16 carries.  The Gurley fanboys can believe it’s a 6/1 defense, a weak offensive line, or an incompetent coach.  I could care less.  It’s pretty clearly a trend, and whatever injury he’s dealing with just five weeks into the season isn’t going to increase the likelihood that he receives more workload upon his return.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Believe a blitz pickup = RB carry all you want.  Haven’t seen too many RBs suffer significant injuries blocking a blitzing linebacker.  

At this stage, it doesn’t really matter if there is an “other context” limiting his carries, nor what anyone assumes that narrative might be. It’s been ten straight games over two seasons in which he hasn’t had more than 16 carries.  The Gurley fanboys can believe it’s a 6/1 defense, a weak offensive line, or an incompetent coach.  I could care less.  It’s pretty clearly a trend, and whatever injury he’s dealing with just five weeks into the season isn’t going to increase the likelihood that he receives more workload upon his return.  

Totally agree its a trend. And the results speak for themselves... but to best understand the situation we need to be honest with ourselves about what is injury VS. degradation of talent VS. lines play VS usage.  Personally, I believe he's not nearly as explosive a back but a better than average overall skilled runner, solid all around, but no longer spectacular.  But if he was being babied, I just don't see why they'd expose him to so many extra points of contact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jared Goff is bad under pressure.  The LA Rams have a bad offensive line.  Malcolm Brown had a PFF pass blocking grade of 90.0 last year, the best in the NFL for a running back.  Henderson needs to pass protect very well to see significant time.  But the Rams also need an effective run game to keep defenses honest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

couldnt care less... 

sorry pet peeve

I could care less about your sorry pet peeve...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kafka said:

I could care less about your sorry pet peeve...

I could too.  I just choose not to.  (two?  too?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arodin said:

I could too.  I just choose not to.  (two?  too?)

I was going to comment about the societally tragic misuse of the apostrophe, too, but I figured why add to it?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

I could care less.  

Couldn't.

Could implies that you do indeed care, leaving the possibility to care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Yep, and now comes the enjoyment for Gurley owners of trying to guess how much workload he gets in each and every game once he returns.  My guess?  Not as much as the max 16 carries he’s been limited to ever since he was injured last year.

But we took Gurley with full understanding of the likely lower usage?

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, matuski said:

But we took Gurley with full understanding of the likely lower usage?

 

8 minutes ago, matuski said:

At the price I paid for him, he has been a value to this point.

Awesome, on both accounts?  Good luck from here on out deciding whether or not to start him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Kelly looked very good in the 2018 preseason, some thought he might be #2, but it was Brown instead. He outperformed Kamara at Tennessee one year. But he almost didn't make the team this year. He was a good pass blocker and receiver in college. If Henderson fails, he might get a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

 

Awesome, on both accounts?  Good luck from here on out deciding whether or not to start him.  

Seems no more or less complicated than any other player?

If he starts he starts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, matuski said:

Seems no more or less complicated than any other player?

If he starts he starts?

Guess we’ll find out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Guess we’ll find out.  

Is there something harder about this than any other player?  I am not following.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.