What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrell Henderson, LAR (4 Viewers)

further muddying the waters now.
I suppose he wanted to go back for seconds from McVay. Talk about desperation.
Did Henderson kick your dog or something?

McVay clearly has wanted to use someone other than Henderson, yet here he is desperate enough that he needs him now.

If Henderson wasnt any good I see any reason for McVay to be activating him to help his team now.

McVay has already shown he would like to have someone else, but he also wants to win football games. So here we are with Henderson back with the team because thats likely his best option to try to accomplish that.

When Henderson was cut last season no explaination was really given for that. From what I have read about this, the reason was because McVay wanted to give Akers and Williams more of a shot to prove what they could do in what was a losing season for the Rams at that point. Akers got more opportunity after they released Henderson.

I can only speculate that there was a lot of drama between McVay, Akers and Henderson by that point regarding who would be the starting RB. McVay jerked both of these RB aroùnd in regards to this, and the reason McVay ultimately got rid of both of them was at least in part for personal reasons that were likely related to this.

Akers is gone now. Perhaps McVay doesnt see it as such an issue with Henderson now because of that. Henderson must certainly be humbled now from not being on a team so far this season. So if he was annoying McVay about his opportunity to play (if he ever was, who knows? It may have been Akers being the annoyance not Henderson, which was temporarily alleviared by cutting Henderson) before he is less likely to do that now.

I dont know why Henderson was never picked up by another team until now. He has talent clearly as has produced at this level before. The only thing I can think of is seeing some things that showed Henderson was not always reading his blocking well enough to pick the right holes created for him. Otherwise he seems fine, even good at times when given the opporrunity.

He didn’t seem to be great last year but that offense was a dumpster fire. How certain are we he’s less talented than kyren and it’s not just a matter of being the guy in the rb slot while stafford is slingin it and clicking with kupp/puka/tutu?

Picked him up for free in dyno when he signed to the PS. Not expecting anything but it wouldn’t shock me either

McVay clearly has wanted to use someone other than Henderson, yet here he is desperate enough that he needs him now.

If Henderson wasnt any good I see any reason for McVay to be activating him to help his team now.

McVay has already shown he would like to have someone else, but he also wants to win football games. So here we are with Henderson back with the team because thats likely his best option to try to accomplish that.

When Henderson was cut last season no explaination was really given for that. From what I have read about this, the reason was because McVay wanted to give Akers and Williams more of a shot to prove what they could do in what was a losing season for the Rams at that point. Akers got more opportunity after they released Henderson.

I can only speculate that there was a lot of drama between McVay, Akers and Henderson by that point regarding who would be the starting RB. McVay jerked both of these RB aroùnd in regards to this, and the reason McVay ultimately got rid of both of them was at least in part for personal reasons that were likely related to this.

Akers is gone now. Perhaps McVay doesnt see it as such an issue with Henderson now because of that. Henderson must certainly be humbled now from not being on a team so far this season. So if he was annoying McVay about his opportunity to play (if he ever was, who knows? It may have been Akers being the annoyance not Henderson, which was temporarily alleviared by cutting Henderson) before he is less likely to do that now.

I dont know why Henderson was never picked up by another team until now. He has talent clearly as has produced at this level before. The only thing I can think of is seeing some things that showed Henderson was not always reading his blocking well enough to pick the right holes created for him. Otherwise he seems fine, even good at times when given the opporrunity.
Freeman may play over Henderson. He cut him for a reason, most likely had nothing to do with annoyance for wanting more playing time over Akers. Will Henderson even be active?

Freeman may play over Henderson. He cut him for a reason, most likely had nothing to do with annoyance for wanting more playing time over Akers. Will Henderson even be active?
I am pretty sure McVay already came out and said Henderson will be active.

Hasn’t he been sitting on the couch all season? Even if he was any good, which he isn’t, what kind of shape is he in?

Hasn’t he been sitting on the couch all season? Even if he was any good, which he isn’t, what kind of shape is he in?
Yeah but McVay did have a quote today that said Henderson would be active and he knows the sytem, looks good, etc. In that same quote he basically said Evans is learning still.

Yeah but McVay did have a quote today that said Henderson would be active and he knows the sytem, looks good, etc. In that same quote he basically said Evans is learning still.
Then knock yourself out and play Henderson. I wouldn’t touch that.

Then knock yourself out and play Henderson. I wouldn’t touch that.
Oh heck no. I would have to be pretty desperate to play anyone from this backfield.

He's most likely being brought in for pass protection. He's been involved in the pass game previously. Averaged4.0 per carry last season with some RZ opportunities. But experienced pass pro makes the most sense, and McV doesn't rotate backs during a successful drive so who knows, maybe he gets game scripted into a RZ/GL opportunity or2?

I don’t think anyone has a worse pile of dog poop at RB than my 2-4 redraft
  • Hall
  • Pacheco
  • Gibbs
  • Warren
  • Roschon (ff IR)
  • Foreman (that’s 2 CHI RB lol)
  • Hubbard
…and I’m still not interested.

I'm in on Henderson, not starting him this week but worth a stash, This backfield faces the 29th run defense in week 7. Someone can get hot. get yourself a piece.

Yes, we can say incumbent Evans gets the boost, but I think they thought they'd have the luxury of time to give Evans more meaningful practice reps if a RB went down, but with both going down in same week they are vulnerable and there is ramp up that they can't afford. Which is why Hendo and all these backs enter the fold.

Some Points to Hendo:
+ watched Mcvay presser and he said he loved him
+ 2020/2021/2022 body of work
+ ran gap scheme in Memphis
+ Vegas adjusted their lines for Henderson
+ Pass Pro, Receiving skills

Only 26, he was humbled when the team chose Akers over him(mistake), and he could be a tandem with Kyren when he returns

(Update Kyren to IR so see him week 12 must stash Hendo/Evans if you can).

Last edited:
Should I drop QJ for this guy in re-draft? I don't know if either have upside but i have like 4 WR's better than QJ

Don’t have room to prospect, but I’d love to see Henderson shine. I liked his running style and thought he got a bad deal in 2022. Somewhat surprised he couldn’t catch on elsewhere.
Ha, I was wrong. I’m putting in a bid now that I can put Kyren on IR.

:towelwave:

I grabbed him in all my leagues but one. Short bench league and the only person I could drop is Jaleel..I just don't trust Jaleel to ever get a big workload

Smells like he has great opportunity to take over as the rams rb1.

They let Royce Freeman start as a good faith to the team since he’s been there since the beginning of the season (practice squad). But once Henderson shows he’s another tier better than Freeman he’ll take over the backfield.

Could happen as early as this week or next.

I grabbed him but the worst part is i sat him for Ingram on the cardinals who doesn't even have a touch. I'm cursed this year

I grabbed him but the worst part is i sat him for Ingram on the cardinals who doesn't even have a touch. I'm cursed this year
Yeah. If I lose 'cuz I didn't have the guts to start Hendo over Jalen Warren I'm not going to be happy.

What a silly sport. Henry on bye and I traded Saquon which left me to add Henderson and Hunt to start. They are both probably going to outscore Saquon.

Him and Freeman were both basically rotating series throughout the game, but Henderson seemed to be trusted at the end. Freeman rushed for more yardage on less carries and looked decent as well. If he’s have been in on the rotation when they scored on the ground we might be singing a different tune.

Arrow pointing up, and a nice cheap pickup the next few weeks.

But I’m not sure I see him owning the backfield every series. But in this running back landscape you can do a lot worse.

Darrell Henderson played on 39-of-68 snaps in the Rams’ Week 7 loss to the Steelers.

Henderson went from the couch to the Rams’ snap leader in short order. The veteran running back wasn’t on a team during the preseason, and last played a regular season snap in Week 11 of last season. His 18-61-1 rushing line isn’t going to blow anybody away, but Henderson saw 10 more snaps than Royce Freeman and was the preferred option on early downs. Freeman was the better back on a per-touch basis, but it looks like Henderson will serve as the RB1 in Week 8, putting him on the RB2 radar for fantasy purposes.

Tough upcoming matchup against Dallas this week but afterward he has ton of potential (RB2 with RB1 upside against GB, SEA, also Ari if Williams not healthy)

Him and Freeman were both basically rotating series throughout the game, but Henderson seemed to be trusted at the end. Freeman rushed for more yardage on less carries and looked decent as well. If he’s have been in on the rotation when they scored on the ground we might be singing a different tune.

Arrow pointing up, and a nice cheap pickup the next few weeks.

But I’m not sure I see him owning the backfield every series. But in this running back landscape you can do a lot worse.
Reading all the fantasy headlines Monday morning and it's all about Henderson. Meanwhile, Freeman was pretty solid as well.

Will be interesting to see if Gaskin enters the fray this week. Matchup is terrible though.

Not an awful line for a blowout - think Royce was in there more due to the game getting out of hand. If Stafford is out they'll be seeing a lot of stacked lines

Henderson: 112 yds and 2 TDs Rushing and 10-103 receiving in 4 games.

McVay: Thanks, now **** off.

the only reason he was on the team was because of the injury. we all knew this and he knew it too.

This should surprise nobody. he put up Meh kinda stats. I was pretty sure someone was gonna get the axe and figured it might be him. There may yet be another RB axed soon enough if the need for a roster spot should arise.

Users who are viewing this thread