What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (1 Viewer)

I would get tired of repeating myself 10+ times too.
Just being polite and responding to those wanting to talk about it. Is that a problem?

Sure a lot of...you need to see it my way....going on here,

Last edited by a moderator:
I counted 17 responses by him on the previous page alone. Not sure what they said because I blocked him 3 months ago.....but, ya know see it my way stuff.
I want all the input I can get, love to see what others think which is what these forums are all about. To play that ignore thing, ?????

I want all the input I can get, love to see what others think which is what these forums are all about. To play that ignore thing, ?????
funny. because you have basically ignored every logical counter point to your illogical weight on 8th grade tweets and biased 3rd hand interview critiques 

funny. because you have basically ignored every logical counter point to your illogical weight on 8th grade tweets and biased 3rd hand interview critiques 
I talked about letting all that go a couple of times.  My real thing was how many things we have to let go with the guy.

I talked about letting all that go a couple of times.  My real thing was how many things we have to let go with the guy.
ok guy. 

Did you find out if he is a member of the clean plate club yet? because that probably has more worth than an 8th grade tweet. :rolleyes:

You make a big deal about a bunch of garbage and then criticize that everyone is "letting so much go." 

yeah... we are letting it go because it's a complete waste of time

The joke is on all of us though. you've managed to spark up about 2 pages worth of discussion on this ####. 

I'll just follow what many others have already done. ✌

ok guy. 

Did you find out if he is a member of the clean plate club yet? because that probably has more worth than an 8th grade tweet. :rolleyes:

You make a big deal about a bunch of garbage and then criticize that everyone is "letting so much go." 

yeah... we are letting it go because it's a complete waste of time

The joke is on all of us though. you've managed to spark up about 2 pages worth of discussion on this ####. 

I'll just follow what many others have already done. ✌
How about you slow down and actually wait and see how this goes down before all that?  If the guy is a success then all my stuff was a load of worthless BS, but....if it goes down like I think it will.....then I was right on and nailed it.

Do you post other places than here?  If you do are you saying I'm the only one talking about the negatives involved with this guy?

One thing I have noticed about his place which is different is this.  It's real important you just go along with the popular opInion, don't make waves.  I;m starting to think that is the best way to go here, just.....yep, you got it.

How about you slow down and actually wait and see how this goes down before all that?  If the guy is a success then all my stuff was a load of worthless BS, but....if it goes down like I think it will.....then I was right on and nailed it.

Do you post other places than here?  If you do are you saying I'm the only one talking about the negatives involved with this guy?

One thing I have noticed about his place which is different is this.  It's real important you just go along with the popular opInion, don't make waves.  I;m starting to think that is the best way to go here, just.....yep, you got it.
No, we aren't saying you are the only one talking about negatives.  We ARE saying you are clogging up the thread using the same arguments over and over even after plenty of people have offered quite a bit of information as to why your sources or arguments are biased or don't apply to his ability to play football.

I, like many people in here, come to this thread looking for new/different takes and information in our evaluation of this guy. I, and many others who contradict you, have voiced our concerns with Kyler.  We aren't saying he is a lock to succeed, quite the opposite if you read our posts.  We push back on you because your information doesn't change and you continue to post the same thing over and over.  This in spite of you saying several times that you've said your piece, are done, and are in "wait and see" mode.

As for group think on this forum, there is PLENTY of dissention and differing opinions. The 2019 draft class is a prime example. There are probably ~15 or more different offensive skill position players that people think are top 5, depending who you ask. This is the antithesis of group think.

Cardinals can't pass on him. Draft him, have him and Rosen compete, see if Rosen elevates his game, and if he does, then hype him up and trade him to a team for like a 2nd round pick. Have them throw in a future 3rd too I guess since Rosen is still so young and inexperienced.

Cards and Burkhardt (Murray's agent) went to his visit to Arizona and it is reported as 'fact' that they have already begun negotiations. 

Cardinals Already in Negotiations with Kyler Murray: Fact

Cardinals Already in Negotiations with Kyler Murray: Fact

...Murray's agent, Erik Burkhardt, went with Murray on his visit to the Cardinals:

"It would make sense for the Cardinals to want to get Murray signed to an agreement that includes a no-baseball clause before putting his name on the first 2019 draft card. … If Murray ends up signing a contract at the time he's picked, the negotiations leading up to that deal are something that everyone will keep quiet until the moment Burkhardt produces the final draft from his briefcase in the green room."

Given the MLB angle, there would certainly be something for the two sides to work out ahead of time.

The Cardinals aren't going to pass on a Heisman Trophy winner with a rare skill set, especially if new head coach Kliff Kingsbury wants him. The fact they invested a first-round pick in Josh Rosen a year ago is a bit unfortunate, but it also gives them leverage to add more draft assets this year. Murray is the probable pick, so the fact that both sides could be talking shop behind the scenes seems obvious enough.
They state it as fact but they do not say 'formal' negotiations have taken place but players do not take agents to visits so this isn't the norm.  It is reasonable to speculate that they have begun negotiations and they even further speculate that one of the terms that they will work out is a non-baseball stipulation years which is reasonable since they would not want him having second thoughts.  

The video at the top of the page goes a bit deeper saying the Cardinals would want at least a four year hiatus of Murray being able to play baseball and even state that Brukhardt did not go into the facility at Arizona but accompanied Murray which they say is highly unusual unless 'informal' negotiations take place.  They define 'formal' negotiations as taking place at the facility so it seems like Murray has already begun negotiations and that he will go #1 as  many have suspected.

@Bracie Smathers I saw that too. Faust posted this in the 2019 thread:

The first link talks about how they arent taking him, but the 2nd says its fact his agent went with. 
The first link is from a guy who posts breaking stories on virtually everything.  Of the last 17 articles he wrote only 2 were NFL related.  The others were, NBA, MLB, NHL, in addition he's got stories on WWE, golf, college hoops, and even a story devoted to the TV  game show Jeopardy.  His information on the Cards not taking Murray comes from a single source writer, Pete Prisco of CBS sports who broke that story but no other independent confirmations have come other than Pete.

The second guy writes only on two subjects the NFL and wresting.  Of his last 17 articles 12 were NFL stories and 5 on wresting.  His story notes Florio of NBC.  Florio states a fact.  Burkhardt was seen with Murray in Arizona.  Arizona can't deny that highly unusual move so their denials state Burkhardt did not go into their facilities. 

The video at the top of that page goes into further detail why that is significant.  It seems like negotiations have begun so that would mean more than one unconfirmed single source story  or second hand stories coming from the same single source.

The first link is from a guy who posts breaking stories on virtually everything.  Of the last 17 articles he wrote only 2 were NFL related.  The others were, NBA, MLB, NHL, in addition he's got stories on WWE, golf, college hoops, and even a story devoted to the TV  game show Jeopardy.  His information on the Cards not taking Murray comes from a single source writer, Pete Prisco of CBS sports who broke that story but no other independent confirmations have come other than Pete.

The second guy writes only on two subjects the NFL and wresting.  Of his last 17 articles 12 were NFL stories and 5 on wresting.  His story notes Florio of NBC.  Florio states a fact.  Burkhardt was seen with Murray in Arizona.  Arizona can't deny that highly unusual move so their denials state Burkhardt did not go into their facilities. 

The video at the top of that page goes into further detail why that is significant.  It seems like negotiations have begun so that would mean more than one unconfirmed single source story  or second hand stories coming from the same single source.
It was confusing to read that first article after hearing that his agent was present. 

It makes complete sense to talk to him about a football only contract if they are going to invest such a large amount into him. 

Spent the weekend at our cabin up above the lake, with the family, all of them which was a....whoa.  But a whole mountain side for an Easter egg hunt (plastic eggs ) is pretty cool, the kids love it. Not rattle snake country, nobody cares about garter snakes.

Anyway...

Turn on the Cowherd Show my morning routine with my coffee. According to him the Cards are moving off Murray. Well what he read/heard.

This really is getting interesting now, some suspense is always good, a mystery is cool.

So later in his show he nterviews Joe Klack a guy who seems to know football,(more NCAA) according to him that report is bogus and Murray will be a Card.

IF...the Cards do pass on Murray (I would)  do the Raiders take him?

NFL Executive 1:  With everyone knowing Murray is the first overall pick, how are we going to get eyeballs on their TVs for the 20 minutes leading up to the draft, so we can sell beer, cars and gambling websites?

Exec. 2:  I know...let’s get the Cardinals to act like they aren’t taking Murray.  If it holds up a few days, it will be just the suspense we need to make people tune in for the very start of the show.

Exec. 1:  Brilliant!  While you’ve got Keim on the phone, tell him to take the whole 15 minutes too, and pick up his phone a lot while the clock ticks down.  We can sneak in another commercial break and a live read or two!

People who tune in to the draft, are tuning in no matter if the #1 pick is a 100% lock or not.

No one purposely misses the #1 pick because they know who it is.

#1 pick is usually the most anti-climactic choice of the entire draft.  Give me the intrigue of teams scrambling to make trades to move up/down after #1 does what they do.

urn on the Cowherd Show my morning routine with my coffee. According to him the Cards are moving off Murray. Well what he read/heard.

This really is getting interesting now, some suspense is always good, a mystery is cool.

So later in his show he nterviews Joe Klack a guy who seems to know football,(more NCAA) according to him that report is bogus and Murray will be a Card.
Colin Cowherd and Joe CLATT not Clack had a disagreement last year about the guy who would go #1 off the board.

Colin Cowherd Believes Baker Mayfield Is Undraftable   

Herd w/Colin Cowherd✔@TheHerd

"There's a police video of Baker Mayfield running from cops. I can't get past that... Undraftable. Off my board." — @ColinCowherd

3:02 PM - Feb 22, 2018

------------------------------------

Joel Klatt Gives Colin Cowherd a Sneak Peek at Nightmarish World He'll Live in if Baker Mayfield Keeps Winning

Because Cowherd dug his heels so deeply on this one, he’ll have a hard time living it down if Mayfield continues to succeed and becomes an elite NFL quarterback. And while that’s a big if, fellow Fox Sports football guy Joe Klatt provided his co-worker with a glimpse into what such an existence will look like.

Colin Cowherd should’ve known Mayfield wouldn’t take half-baked criticism lying down.

...Cowherd insinuated that Mayfield is a bad teammate for ... not celebrating every single touchdown by joining his teammates in the end zone?

MVP Favorite Patrick Mahomes Is No Andrew Luck, Says Analyst

---------------------------

Cowherd is the stereotypical light weight shock jock.

Wonderlic scores QB;'s

43 Ryan Finley (re-test; scored 28 the first time)

42 Gardner Minshew

37 Daniel Jones

32 Easton Stick

32 Clayton Thorson

31 Trace McSorley

30 Will Grier

28 Brett Rypien

27 Jarrett Stidham

26 Drew Lock

25 Tyree Jackson

25 Dwayne Haskins

22 Sean McGuire

20 Kyler Murray

My opinion came way before becoming aware of this which I just found out about today.

Colin Cowherd and Joe CLATT not Clack had a disagreement last year about the guy who would go #1 off the board.

Colin Cowherd Believes Baker Mayfield Is Undraftable   

Herd w/Colin Cowherd✔@TheHerd

"There's a police video of Baker Mayfield running from cops. I can't get past that... Undraftable. Off my board." — @ColinCowherd

3:02 PM - Feb 22, 2018

------------------------------------

Joel Klatt Gives Colin Cowherd a Sneak Peek at Nightmarish World He'll Live in if Baker Mayfield Keeps Winning

Because Cowherd dug his heels so deeply on this one, he’ll have a hard time living it down if Mayfield continues to succeed and becomes an elite NFL quarterback. And while that’s a big if, fellow Fox Sports football guy Joe Klatt provided his co-worker with a glimpse into what such an existence will look like.

Colin Cowherd should’ve known Mayfield wouldn’t take half-baked criticism lying down.

...Cowherd insinuated that Mayfield is a bad teammate for ... not celebrating every single touchdown by joining his teammates in the end zone?

MVP Favorite Patrick Mahomes Is No Andrew Luck, Says Analyst

---------------------------

Cowherd is the stereotypical light weight shock jock.

I didn't say anything about anything other than it was talked about.

Cowherd is wrong all the time but wasn't talking about any opinions.

I didn't say anything about anything other than it was talked about.

Cowherd is wrong all the time but wasn't talking about any opinions.
Cowherd takes are not just wrong they are laughably wrong and then he won't admit he's wrong.

He said Murray won't go number one, last year he said Baker Mayfield was undraftable and then double downed by saying he was a bad team mate and he continues to die on that hill.  Joe Klatt called him out on his poor take and he should have.  Baker Mayfield called him out but he shouldn't have because it boosted the shnook's ratings.

Now Cowherd says Murray won't go number one and Clatt said it was a false report.

I'll go with the guy who isn't a buffoon and doesn't make horrible takes. 

Cowherd takes are not just wrong they are laughably wrong and then he won't admit he's wrong.

He said Murray won't go number one, last year he said Baker Mayfield was undraftable and then double downed by saying he was a bad team mate and he continues to die on that hill.  Joe Klatt called him out on his poor take and he should have.  Baker Mayfield called him out but he shouldn't have because it boosted the shnook's ratings.

Now Cowherd says Murray won't go number one and Clatt said it was a false report.

I'll go with the guy who isn't a buffoon and doesn't make horrible takes. 
I got the impression Cowherd was simply going with this.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-draft-rumors-cardinals-will-not-take-kyler-murray-no-1-pick

As opposed to his opinion. 

Cowherd picks NFL games ATS every Friday during the NFL season, he hits around 60% which is right there with any pro player.  Anyone who can do that knows football. I'm into ATS wagering and have been for a long time, I hit 58-62%.

yeah if a guy can pick against the spread with 60% accuracy then that certainly means he has the ability to criticize qb prospects. 

That's like saying my primary care doctor was able to freeze my wart off with one treatment, so I trust him to perform cardiac surgery on me. 

yeah if a guy can pick against the spread with 60% accuracy then that certainly means he has the ability to criticize qb prospects. 

That's like saying my primary care doctor was able to freeze my wart off with one treatment, so I trust him to perform cardiac surgery on me. 
Apple cider vinegar the way to go here.

You must not know anything about ATS wagering.

You can’t be seriously going there again.  Not after you dropped trou so badly in front of everyone the last time.
You can't think ..one....game is any indication of anything.  Bottom line with gambling is the season results. Using the reg season to build you bank roll so when playoff time comes you are playing with their $$$$$.

But that is for another thread.

Cowherd is like most football fans when it comes to player predictions, but does have a better understanding than most about things that matter talking ATS, most have no idea.

bizarro world... where body language, 14 year old locker room talk, and the opinion of someone who is half decent at gambling trumps anything else: stats, college production, and expert consensus. 

If Prisco is correct, I'm not sure I understand the Cards' logic on this. The mere thought of us *possibly* drafting an exciting QB wasn't enough to get people to drop big money on season tickets, so we're just going to draft a defensive lineman instead. Sexy!

bizarro world... where body language, 14 year old locker room talk, and the opinion of someone who is half decent at gambling trumps anything else: stats, college production, and expert consensus. 
Where do you get that stuff, what's wrong with reality?

This is a number one NFL pick, here you look for everything, you leave no rock unturned, you MUST get this right.  There are no....forget that just a kid....so what if he slouchs in interviews....forget his 20 on the Wonderlic Test.  You look at everything. 

Where is this expert consensus?

Bottom Line.

You have a young QB already(29 WT), one with a great arm do you really need another QB? Who can't use a Quintin Williams or a Nick Boza, do you really wanna roll the dice on a pint sized QB?

I got the impression Cowherd was simply going with this.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-draft-rumors-cardinals-will-not-take-kyler-murray-no-1-pick

As opposed to his opinion. 

Cowherd picks NFL games ATS every Friday during the NFL season, he hits around 60% which is right there with any pro player.  Anyone who can do that knows football. I'm into ATS wagering and have been for a long time, I hit 58-62%.
You linked a story that goes back to the first single source of Pete Prisco. 

"...according to CBS Sports NFL insider Pete Prisco. .."

News outlets manufacture tons of stories linked to single sources like Pete Prisco that have been deemed false.    Its called click bait.  People with confirmation bias like to use single sources that go counter to everyone else to confirm their own weak take.

Cowherd works for ESPN, he's got multiple producers talking in his earpiece and they have research departments, analytic experts, and are able to access the ESPN betting experts who are getting their own show.  ESPN To Launch Daily Sports Betting News and Information Show

Funny, that he's got all of that information and can have decent success but he doesn't know a thing about evaluation quarterbacks.  I find it very funny but you think his betting makes him an expert on quarterback evaluation. 

Wonderlic scores QB;'s

43 Ryan Finley (re-test; scored 28 the first time)

42 Gardner Minshew

37 Daniel Jones

32 Easton Stick

32 Clayton Thorson

31 Trace McSorley

30 Will Grier

28 Brett Rypien

27 Jarrett Stidham

26 Drew Lock

25 Tyree Jackson

25 Dwayne Haskins

22 Sean McGuire

20 Kyler Murray

My opinion came way before becoming aware of this which I just found out about today.
The Wonderlic is like any other metric. By itself, it can mean very little. There have been some really good QBs with a Wonderlic under 20.

I won't speak to what I think of Murray until after my rookie draft, but scoring a 20 doesn't worry me (in general).

The Wonderlic is like any other metric. By itself, it can mean very little. There have been some really good QBs with a Wonderlic under 20.

I won't speak to what I think of Murray until after my rookie draft, but scoring a 20 doesn't worry me (in general).
I can't believe it. I agree with FJ

Dan Marino 15

Brett Favre 22

Patrick Mahomes 24

Nathan Peterman 38

What’s the earliest you would draft Kyler Murray in a QB1 league? Wondering if he will make it to me at 2.10

What’s the earliest you would draft Kyler Murray in a QB1 league? Wondering if he will make it to me at 2.10
I highly doubt it but its possible

I see him going in the 2.4-2.7 range, but I wouldnt blame someone for spending a low 1st or high 2nd, especially if you need a qb. IMO if you really want him you should move up to about 2.3. I'm sitting close to there and tried trading up to 12 and 13 for him, no bites 

I really dig @ZenoRazon. He's like having your old drunk uncle over Thanksgiving dinner. It's an adventure, and even if he's annoying at times, at least it's entertaining. 

Keep it coming Zeno!

I really dig @ZenoRazon. He's like having your old drunk uncle over Thanksgiving dinner. It's an adventure, and even if he's annoying at times, at least it's entertaining. 

Keep it coming Zeno!
When Russell Wilson entered the league.

Zeno....this kid is going to do some great things, he obviously has...IT.

Poster...too short and he'll never rival RGIII.

Poster 2.....he might be ok but have some doubts

Poster 3.....nope, you;re wrong.

Did the same thing with RGIII just the opposite.

I told everybody about Derrick Henry coming out of HS. 

Let's see how this Kyler Murray thing pans out.

Football Jones said:

They have that test for a reason, yes it does matter. Notice a guy like Ivy Leaguer Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a  gaudy 48 which you would expect.

Users who are viewing this thread