What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (3 Viewers)

normally i wouldn't consider a qb until the mid 2nd (qbs just don't go early in my drafts), but murray has me wanting to move to the 11-14 range to grab him.  

Lots of weapons in that offense now. It’s exciting. 

He’s my pick at 1.11 

I’ve got Russ and Wentz ... but there’s no way my letting him fall to the top of the 2nd in my league. Too much potential.

KK paired with Kyler, and these weapons? That offense is going to be very aggressive.

i like it.

I’ve looked a few different ways, and I think  in most drafts he’ll be 2.01 to 2.05 range.  Maybe slip into late 1st for teams with a QB needs or without pressing needs elsewhere.  

I normally don't draft rookie Quarterbacks but if he falls far enough, why not give him a shot? I remember RG3 putting up some gaudy numbers before he tore his ACL and was never the same again. But this is projected to be another crappy Cardinals team, right? A team that's probably going to see a lot of garbage time. A team that is running an Air Raid offense.

If he falls far enough, you have a player that you know will be ON THE FIELD. All you need is a run of 2-3 good games in a row and you could probably flip him for 3 - 4 times what his current cost is. Especially to a team that needs a Quarterback in a hurry. He's a great investment and if the price is right, I'm taking him in my rookie draft tomorrow.

And Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald! What an exciting team to see next year.
Not to mention a very inventive and aggressive play caller. 

Right now I'm absolutely looking at Murray in round 1 of dynasty drafts, regardless of league type. In standard, I think 1.10 is a very fair spot for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention a very inventive and aggressive play caller. 

Right now I'm absolutely looking at Murray in round 1 of dynasty drafts, regardless of league type. In standard, I think 1.10 is a very fair spot for him.
The 2 concerns for me are the OL is still bad and it disrupts the offense, gets Murray beat up, etc and that Kingsbury is just in over his head and the experiment goes the way of Chip Kelly.

The 2 concerns for me are the OL is still bad and it disrupts the offense, gets Murray beat up, etc and that Kingsbury is just in over his head and the experiment goes the way of Chip Kelly.
Chip Kelly was an excellent coach for fantasy though. Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin all had career years in his offense. 

I'm with you on the o-line concerns, though acquiring Gilbert and getting Shipley back should help. RT and C were black holes last year, and they are both at least average starters. 

Chip Kelly was an excellent coach for fantasy though. Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin all had career years in his offense. 
That’s fair, he was actually ok as a coach. He was just a terrible GM who gave away all best players.

That’s fair, he was actually ok as a coach. He was just a terrible GM who gave away all best players.
It didn't help his case that the next guy won a Super Bowl in 2 years time. 

Kelly even got a career year from Carlos Hyde, and solid play(over 90 rating, 4-1 TD/INT ratio) from Kaepernick in San Fran. 

His stock is sky high right now. That AIRizona offense looks fun.
Isabella, Butler, Johnson, Murray, etc. That offense looks dynamic. 

Yikes. I feel like Arizona kept sniping the Jets just a few picks beforehand. 
Kingsbury plans to run a lot of single back/4-wides, up-tempo, attack the entire field and he says that Kyler will take off if they let him.  Seems like fantasy gold.
Arizona: Hello Kyler 

...Kingsbury’s offense, a cousin of Mike Leach’s Air Raid scheme, will often run four wide receivers and one back; it’s important to have specific roles for the receivers, but in the case, say, of second-round receiver Andy Isabella from UMass, Kingsbury found a receiver who can be used in the slot, outside, and on Jet Sweep-type plays, because Isabella is experienced at all three roles. Kingsbury likely envisions an offense, at least at first, with Isabella and the ancient but still productive Larry Fitzgerald in either slot, with second-year wideout Christian Kirk and this year’s 103rd pick, 6-5 Hakeem Butler, outside on either side. And, of course, strong runner and receiver David Johnsonshould get 300 touches out of the backfield. There will be a consistent no-huddle element too, so some of these Arizona games will be survival-of-the-fittest track meets.

What’s different with Kingsbury’s system, his friends in coaching say, is how game-plan-specific his weekly plans will be. A sixth-round pick of the Patriots in 2003, Kingsbury spent that season (New England’s second Super Bowl season) on IR with an arm injury, but soaked in the Bill Belichick philosophy about varying the weekly game plan. With Belichick, every game plan is a snowflake; no two look alike. And though Kingsbury’s passing offense will be the wide-open, four-wideouts-on-the-field-regularly scheme, he’ll be sure to tailor it to that week’s opponent too.

Kingsbury told me the system for Murray will be “very similar” as his Oklahoma scheme under the progressive Lincoln Riley. “His ability to escape the pocket, escape those D-lineman when they can’t get off blocks—it’s just unique. And to still be able to drop back and survey the field and still be able to get the ball out on time, get through his progressions … When you spread people out he’s a weapon in a bunch of different ways. That’s tough on defenses because if you want to rush him upfield and he takes off, good luck catching him. And if you sit back, he can still pick you apart. The way we spread people out, the tempo in which we play, he’s the guy who can really thrive in system.

We’re going to play the game at times wider than probably most people do in the league. We’re going to use the entire field and make them cover five wides and the quarterback and that’s tough on defenses.”
Five-wides and spreading it out even further horizontally will open massive running lanes.  

I am good at QB but he's my #1 target in our annual dynasty rookie draft and I may not get him since it takes place after all preseason games are played.

pantherclub said:
^ didnt spurrier do this in Washington and basically get Patrick Ramesy killed?
Spurrier had a QB who did not fit his two-QB Fun-and-Gun system and Ramsey was not anywhere near as good as Murray.  Kingsbury never had a QB that fit his system in college like Kyler Murray so he has the perfect fit for his system with Murray's unparalleled athleticism and mobility. 

Spurrier did not have a QB with talent in 2002 to rate as the 1st pick of the draft.  Ramsey was the last pick of the 1st round.  Ramsey had a big arm and was a scholar but nowhere near the prospect of Murray.

Murray has world class speed running the forty in the Tyreek Hill 4.3 range who passed for over 4,000 yards is extremely accurate, made big plays with his arm 42 TDs, and rushed for 1,000 yards with 12 TDs.  Ramsey never passed for over 25 TDs in any season at Tulane and rushed for -1 yards his rookie season.  

The only comparison that comes close is the coaching of Kingsbury and Spurrier who came in with hype but Spurrier's two-QB Fun-and-Gun wasn't anything like the Air Raid and Ramsey was nothing like Kyler Murray as a prospect.  Kyler was the first pick of the draft but Ramsey back in 2002 was the last player taken in the first round.  Murray was taken first for many reasons, it was not just because he fit Kingsbury's Air Raid.  That fell into place. 

I doubt Washington took Ramsey to fit Spurrier's system because Ramsey's meal ticket was his big arm and Spurrier never adapted to a vertical offense and got fired.  Ramsey was picked up and got chances with many teams who were intrigued with the arm but it never worked out but he was not a fit for Spurrier's system from the get-go whereas Kyler Murray paired with the Air Raid of Kingsbuy seems like an excellent fit IMHO.  

^ I am just saying the lack of protection that running 4 wideouts will give you is a good way to get your (undersized) qb hit.   When you dont leave someone in the backfield to block as Spurrier did, then your qb tends to get hit, a lot regardless of his ability to adapt to whatever scheme.  Its simply a numbers game.

I'd feel better if Kingsbury was successful at Tech.  He got fired.

Now he goes to the NFL and it works?  I'm skeptical.
I don't know why/how Kingsbury got the gig and I can't see his coaching career being successful just because he leveraged a scheme but the scheme is a perfect fit for Murray and Murray has many transferable skills IMHO. 

^ I am just saying the lack of protection that running 4 wideouts will give you is a good way to get your (undersized) qb hit.   When you dont leave someone in the backfield to block as Spurrier did, then your qb tends to get hit, a lot regardless of his ability to adapt to whatever scheme.  Its simply a numbers game.
Only Michael Vick has a better 40 of any first round QB in NFL history so that isn't hyperbole. 

As per getting hit.  What Kingsbury is describing isn't an RPO and it is nothing like what Baltimore is doing with Lamar Jackson that has been described as a 'Load Option', he's talking about spreading things out horizontally and taking advantage of open running lanes.

Per taking hits.  He has a solid baseball background and has mastered the slide and when he's in the pocket he is very good avoiding hits.FMIA: Kyler Murray and One Coach’s Argument For Why The Small QB Will Have a Massive Impact in the NFL  ..

.Riley never got tempted to turn Murray into Lamar Jackson despite Murray’s 4.39-second time in the 40,  and Riley never had to call plays differently for Murray...   Riley said: “Throughout all the years with both Baker and Kyler, I can’t ever remember there being a time where we said, We want to run this play, or use this scheme, or protect this way but we can’t do it because these guys are 5-10 or 6-foot instead of 6-4. It never really entered into the equation. I don’t think their pro coaches are going to think about it either.”

...Murray’s stats can be deceiving. He did rush 10 times a game for 71.5 yards in 2018, but largely not on scrambles or options. He was not Jackson. Riley, I’m sure, will tell the coaches and GMs swarming to Norman, Okla., this spring that, if defenses want to keep him in the pocket, good. He’s shown he can win from there, with a 69-percent accuracy rate in 2018 and a stunning 11.6-yards-per-attempt average. (Eight yards is good. Nine would lead the NFL most years. The closest top quarterback prospect this season to Murray’s 11.6 yards-per-attempt: Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State, at 9.1.)

“His speed, obviously, is off the charts,” Riley said. “He’ll be the fastest quarterback in the NFL by a longshot the day he walks in the door. But on top of that, I think the things as a runner and athletically he brings, and his elite quickness, will be important. And then he just has a feel. He knows how to play the game. He knows when the moments are big and he needs to strain to get a first down. He’s not going to take unnecessary hits. He’s kind of got the body to withstand a few, but I almost compare him—I know this is high praise—but I mean, it’s almost kind of like a Barry Sanders effect. Yes I’m small for the position but I’m so athletic and so smart that I just rarely take big shots. Kyler took a lot less hits even than Baker did. A lot less. He was never really beat up after a game. The guy can stay healthy and he’s pretty smart. He’s got just a really, really unique skill set of having home-run speed but also home-run quickness to go with that.

“Now, would you be crazy to draft a guy like this and not use his athleticism? In my opinion, yes. But I think this guy can go and be in the pocket 75 percent of the time and be an extremely successful NFL quarterback. This guy can win from the pocket and that’s what makes him unique.

“And he just gets the game, man. He just understands the right time of when he needs to check down. He understands game situations. He’s played so much football in his life.

“I think too, in the NFL, I could see even giving people more problems than he did in college just because in our game, teams are used to seeing a pretty athletic quarterback almost every week.”
Horizontal spread opens running lanes, its not an option and when he took off he made big plays because he has elite speed but he killed from the pocket and threw most passes (89%) from the pocket and was highly accurate 67% completion.  

He was drafted in baseball, he has baseball skills.  One of the basic baseball skills is mastering the slide, he has and knows how to get down and avoid contact and he also has a great arm with 'snap throws' like a SS who can throw around a guy trying to take out his legs sliding into second base.  

Its all there to see.  He's got it.

Speaking on The Jim Rome Show, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said, "We'll see," when asked about No. 1 overall pick Kyler Murray starting Week 1.

"We have Brett Hundley here, who we are very excited about," Kingsbury hilariously continued. Assuming the sun does not explode between now and then, Murray will open his rookie season as the starter.

SOURCE: Jim Rome Show

May 2, 2019, 10:20 AM ET

When Jerry Rice was at Mississippi Valley State they ran a five receiver split wide offense, they only ran the ball in short yardage situations.  Willie Totten the QB just stood back there in the shot gun looking for the open man, usually Rice.  They averaged over 50 points a game (vs HBCU competition)  and set a ton of NCAA records. 

Can that work in the NFL?  I do doubt it.

Speaking Thursday, Cardinals GM Steve Keim confirmed Kyler Murray will be the team's Week 1 starter.

"Yes," was Keim's one-word answer. Keim was essentially responding to coach Kliff Kingsbury's ludicrous assertion that it was not guaranteed. "We have Brett Hundley here, who we are very excited about," Kingsbury actually said out loud. Give the man time. He is working on his coachspeak. Murray debuts against the Lions on Sept. 8.

SOURCE: Rich Eisen on Twitter

May 2, 2019, 3:09 PM ET

I'd feel better if Kingsbury was successful at Tech.  He got fired.

Now he goes to the NFL and it works?  I'm skeptical.
+1

Obviously we have yet to see this play out, but I'm not buying in on it.  Multiple examples of coaches coming in trying to implement a college scheme and it not working.  Those coaches were actually top notch in college.

+1

Obviously we have yet to see this play out, but I'm not buying in on it.  Multiple examples of coaches coming in trying to implement a college scheme and it not working.  Those coaches were actually top notch in college.
Klingsbury hasn't shown he can win but he's shown his system works and he's never had a QB who fit his system like Kyler.

Spurrier tried to force-fite his system onto players who didn't fit.  Kelly's system wasn't as QB dependent as Klingsbury's and no NFL has ever hired a HC who said that if he had the top pick he would draft the QB who fit his system and then a few months later had the first pick and took the guy who perfectly fit his system.  

So their aren't multiple examples of what is taking place in Arizona.  Their aren't' any examples since it has never happened especially when the team had moved-up to take a QB in the first round the previous year and then traded them away for the QB who perfectly fits the system that the new HC is implementing.

You are right, we haven't seen it play out yet but their aren't any examples like Arizona.  It could very-well work out for Kyler since he has transferable skills but it may not work out for Klingsbury where Kyler posts top fantasy points but his coach fails for other reasons.  Klingsbury was the questionable hire.  NFL head coaching duties run far from their ability to implement an offensive system.  He has many areas that he can fail, Kyler can win outside of the system.

ummmmmm, does the name Patrick mahomes ring a bell?
Mahomes was great in college so point conceded but Kyler posted better stats on average (completion percent, YPA, INT rate, etc) when he was at Oklahoma and the thing that separates them is the rushing threat of Murray with his speed. 

Mahomes 4.8 forty and averaged 2.7 YPA to Murray's 'reported' 4.37 and over 7 yards per attempt.

The only QB taken at the top of the draft who came in with more speed was Michael Vick but he wasn't nearly as accomplished as a passer (low TDs, poor completion percent 56%, nowhere near passer of Mahomes or Murray) but it sure would have been fun to see him in the Air Raid.

Klingsbury hasn't had anyone who fit his system like Kyler that will allow him to spread things out even further horizontally and use up-tempo to gas pass rushers which will open running lanes.

I concede Mahomes as a passer but Kingsbury has never had a duel-threat QB who fit his system like Kyler Murray with his speed and passing ability.

If Murray is going to use his legs to move the ball downfield he isn’t going to last long.  He needs to use that speed to create space and throwing opportunities, to extend plays and give his receivers that much more chance to get open.  This is the NFL.  If Murray is running with any kind of regularity at all he’s eventually going to end up as a stain on the field.

If Murray is going to use his legs to move the ball downfield he isn’t going to last long.  He needs to use that speed to create space and throwing opportunities, to extend plays and give his receivers that much more chance to get open.  This is the NFL.  If Murray is running with any kind of regularity at all he’s eventually going to end up as a stain on the field.
Definitely, he needs to transition similar to Russell Wilson, where he's pass first, pass second, run third. Get out of the pocket, but still keep those eyes downfield before sliding or running OB. 

If Kingsbury's offensive scheme works in the NFL, Kyler Murray will be a top 5 QB within a few years. I'm not convinced it will work with the narrower hash marks and less ability to spread out, but if it does it will be a sight to behold.  Kingsbury has shown the ability to have an amazing offense, he just needs his own Wade Phillips to run the D, and we'll see if Vance can do that for the Cards. 

Definitely, he needs to transition similar to Russell Wilson, where he's pass first, pass second, run third. Get out of the pocket, but still keep those eyes downfield before sliding or running OB. 

If Kingsbury's offensive scheme works in the NFL, Kyler Murray will be a top 5 QB within a few years. I'm not convinced it will work with the narrower hash marks and less ability to spread out, but if it does it will be a sight to behold.  Kingsbury has shown the ability to have an amazing offense, he just needs his own Wade Phillips to run the D, and we'll see if Vance can do that for the Cards. 
Klingsbury has said how he plans to use Kyler's running ability and it is NOT an RPO or an option of any kind.  Bronco Billy has it wrong, he hasn't read what Klingsbury has said how he plans to use the threat of Murray's speed which is to go 5-wides and spread things out even fuuuuuuuurther horizontally where Murray's arm can hit the far hash and then he plans on playing up-tempo to gas pass rushers.  If they blitz he can hit the quick completion and if they spread out coverage the running lanes will widen and Kyler can take advantage.

I am really curious to see if Kingsbury can get his system up and running and if Arizona has the players to pull it off because if the Air Raid can work Kyler is the QB to optimize its potential.

Klingsbury has said how he plans to use Kyler's running ability and it is NOT an RPO or an option of any kind.  Bronco Billy has it wrong, he hasn't read what Klingsbury has said how he plans to use the threat of Murray's speed which is to go 5-wides and spread things out even fuuuuuuuurther horizontally where Murray's arm can hit the far hash and then he plans on playing up-tempo to gas pass rushers.  If they blitz he can hit the quick completion and if they spread out coverage the running lanes will widen and Kyler can take advantage.

I am really curious to see if Kingsbury can get his system up and running and if Arizona has the players to pull it off because if the Air Raid can work Kyler is the QB to optimize its potential.

If you are correct in your prediction, Kingsbury might want to have a serious conversation with June Jones and Mouse Davis before it’s too late.

If you are correct in your prediction, Kingsbury might want to have a serious conversation with June Jones and Mouse Davis before it’s too late.
Steve Spurrier almost had his Ramesy killed running this type of offense.   I dont give a crap who your qb is 5 wides on a consistent basis will never, repeat never work in the NFL.  The defenses are way too fast for this.  The qb would get killed, especially one like Murray.

Steve Spurrier almost had his Ramesy killed running this type of offense.   I dont give a crap who your qb is 5 wides on a consistent basis will never, repeat never work in the NFL.  The defenses are way too fast for this.  The qb would get killed, especially one like Murray.
Warren Moon held up just fine running a similar offense.

Bracie Smathers said:

Up tempo gasses pass rushers AND your own OL, especially when their not given any help in scheme or personnel in pass pro. In addition it’s usually counterintuitive to your own defense when your offense repeatedly goes 3 and out in less than 5 minutes. 

Players and coaches are just too good for that to succeed on the NFL level

Its not a prediction.  He said it, I posted it above and I've referenced what he said many times but one more time direct quotes from the GM who took Murray and the guy who wanted Murray since high school.  I'm going to include a lot more since people have no clue what he has said.

Arizona: Hello Kyler

... the new coach has pined for since the kid’s sophomore year in high school in Texas. (True story: Kingsbury, then Texas Tech coach, offered 5-foot-5 sophomore quarterback Kyler Murray a full scholarship as a sophomore at Allen High in 2012.]

Keim said .... “As I watched the first game, I watched the second game, I couldn’t put down the controller. All I wanted to do was keep watching this kid on tape. I don’t know if I wrote down ‘wow’ 100 times, or 500 times, but my hand got tired of writing it. In the time I’ve been doing this, I haven’t seen a guy who could throw like him and run like him. I’ve seen guys who could do one of each, but I’ve never evaluated a guy who possesses the skill set to do both things at such a high level. I was also studying guys that I was falling in love with, like Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, really having to really weigh which player makes the biggest impact for us. It became crystal clear in the end it was Kyler Murray.”

...Kingsbury’s offense, a cousin of Mike Leach’s Air Raid scheme, will often run four wide receivers and one back; it’s important to have specific roles for the receivers, but in the case, say, of second-round receiver Andy Isabella from UMass, Kingsbury found a receiver who can be used in the slot, outside, and on Jet Sweep-type plays, because Isabella is experienced at all three roles. Kingsbury likely envisions an offense, at least at first, with Isabella and the ancient but still productive Larry Fitzgerald in either slot, with second-year wideout Christian Kirk and this year’s 103rd pick, 6-5 Hakeem Butler, outside on either side. And, of course, strong runner and receiver David Johnson should get 300 touches out of the backfield. There will be a consistent no-huddle element too, so some of these Arizona games will be survival-of-the-fittest track meets.

What’s different with Kingsbury’s system, his friends in coaching say, is how game-plan-specific his weekly plans will be. A sixth-round pick of the Patriots in 2003, Kingsbury spent that season (New England’s second Super Bowl season) on IR with an arm injury, but soaked in the Bill Belichick philosophy about varying the weekly game plan. With Belichick, every game plan is a snowflake; no two look alike. And though Kingsbury’s passing offense will be the wide-open, four-wideouts-on-the-field-regularly scheme, he’ll be sure to tailor it to that week’s opponent too.

Kingsbury told me the system for Murray will be “very similar” as his Oklahoma scheme under the progressive Lincoln Riley. “His ability to escape the pocket, escape those D-lineman when they can’t get off blocks—it’s just unique. And to still be able to drop back and survey the field and still be able to get the ball out on time, get through his progressions … When you spread people out he’s a weapon in a bunch of different ways. That’s tough on defenses because if you want to rush him upfield and he takes off, good luck catching him. And if you sit back, he can still pick you apart. The way we spread people out, the tempo in which we play, he’s the guy who can really thrive in system.

We’re going to play the game at times wider than probably most people do in the league. We’re going to use the entire field and make them cover five wides and the quarterback and that’s tough on defenses.”

...” Kingsbury said, ”nobody could touch him, he could throw it from the pocket, the mechanics were great. He was the quickest player on the field. I just always believed that he could be great. I’d never seen anything like it on the field, a combination of that type of quickness and explosiveness and a true drop-back passer. So we developed a relationship through the years. He always knew that I believed in him and saw great things coming. It’s been a wild ride and crazy to see how it’s all turned out. I think everybody just assumed since he was undersized he couldn’t play at the next level.”
Base will be 4-wides and 1 back with consistent no-huddle.  Game plan specific where he will spread it out even further.  Key is the speed of Kyler.  Klingsbury wanted him since he was a sophomore, Keim didn't even want to evaluate him since he had Rosen but he had never seen anyone like him as a passer and runner.  His film study made him come to the conclusion that even though he had Rosen, Kyler Murray was the guy who could make the biggest impact from the draft.  Klingsbury wanted him since high school and Murray fits the scheme perfectly.  

Misconception, IMHO is that he'll get killed.  OK.  The top running QBs in the NFL in terms of carries and yards were:

-------------------- ===== Attempts -- yards - TDs

• Lamar Jackson --- 147 ---- 695 ----- 5
  • Cam Newton ------- 101----- 488 ----- 4
  • Deshaun Watson -- 99 ----- 551 ----- 5
  • Josh Allen ------------- 89 ----- 631 ----- 8
  • Dak Prescott --------- 75 ----- 305 ----- 6
  • Mitchell Trubisky --- 68 ---- 421 ----- 3
  • Russell Wilson ------- 67 ---- 376 ----- 0
  • Marcus Mariota ----- 64 ---- 357 ----- 2
  • Patrick Mahomes --- 60 ---- 272 ---- 2
Of the above, Jackson's running ability is what that offense is built around.  It is a unique 'load' option.  Plays are specifically designed for him to run the ball.  He is the only QB in the league where his legs are thee key to the offense.  The other top running QBs have 'some' designed runs but their running ability is based more on game flow and some are GL/short yardage weapons like Cam or Josh Allen etc.  

I doubt they are going to bang Kyler between the tackles at the goal or have him pushing the pile in short yardage.  Of the full-time starters Eli Manning was tied for last with 15 carries for 20 yards.   It's not unreasonable to see Murray with 75 to 95 carries this year meaning he should only have about 2 more rushes per game than an average NFL QB but when he hits the open field he's going to be a threat with his speed.

^ He is going to get killed if KK plans to run that offense.  Everybody is fast in the NFL
The 'too-small' crowd would say he'll get killed no matter what sort of offense is run and quite frankly that has been overplayed.

Klingsbury is going to run his offense, the one that Kyler Murray is a perfect fit.

No NFL QB is as fast as Kyler.  He is the fastest and may be the 2nd fastest starting QB in NFL history.

Kyler Murray’s 40-Yard Dash Time Among Fastest Ever by NFL QB

To be clear, a 4.3-second 40-yard dash is a mark only hit by 11 players in history at the scouting combine, which Carlton pointed out. But even beyond that, it would make him the fastest quarterback to enter the NFL among those clocked at the combine.

It is worth noting that SB Nation’s David Fucillo pointed out that Murray reportedly ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash during the spring of 2017. 

If Vick’s time of 4.33 is what stands, it means Murray would hold the mark for fastest quarterback 40-yard dash ever, assuming he meant a 4.3 and not 4.38. Even if the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback’s 4.25-second time gets the nod, the former Sooners quarterback would still potentially hold the No. 2 spot, according to his comments.

The 'too-small' crowd would say he'll get killed no matter what sort of offense is run and quite frankly that has been overplayed.

Klingsbury is going to run his offense, the one that Kyler Murray is a perfect fit.

No NFL QB is as fast as Kyler.  He is the fastest and may be the 2nd fastest starting QB in NFL history.

Kyler Murray’s 40-Yard Dash Time Among Fastest Ever by NFL QB
I don't know if you are calling him "Klingsbury" because his first name is "Kliff," but his last name doesn't have an "L."

If it's a play on words, carry on.

Kyler is 5’10 207

Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, and Antonio Brown are all about 5’10 185 and seem to have all stayed healthy getting tackled. And Murray will probably take less open field hits with sliding. What’s the difference in how these players for example haven’t gotten “killed” on the football field?

Considering the options at 1.9 this year, if he is there I am taking him and not looking back.  It would either be him, a WR for Baltimore or some other run of the mill WR or backup RB.  I will take my chances on Murray.

Users who are viewing this thread