What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tulsi Gabbard 2020 (1 Viewer)

Still waiting on this incriminating 9/11 information she has against our government.  Guess I'll just......keep waiting.  And so will you.

Mountebank.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
That was the weakest political vote I can recall, ever, anywhere.
Yes, it’s bizarre.

“I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing.”

Not sure how she thinks this and votes present.  

Yes, it’s bizarre.

“I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing.”

Not sure how she thinks this and votes present.  
I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country. When I cast my vote in support of the impeachment inquiry nearly three months ago, I said that in order to maintain the integrity of this solemn undertaking, it must not be a partisan endeavor. Tragically, that’s what it has been. 

I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country. When I cast my vote in support of the impeachment inquiry nearly three months ago, I said that in order to maintain the integrity of this solemn undertaking, it must not be a partisan endeavor. Tragically, that’s what it has been. 
So she cast her vote for the inquiry, acknowledges Trump's "wrongdoing", but won't vote for impeachment, because it has to be non-partisan?  So basically she is basing her vote on Republicans being unwilling to acknowledge the "wrongdoing".  That's really dumb.  

So she cast her vote for the inquiry, acknowledges Trump's "wrongdoing", but won't vote for impeachment, because it has to be non-partisan?  So basically she is basing her vote on Republicans being unwilling to acknowledge the "wrongdoing".  That's really dumb.  
Empty grandstanding is what it is.

Honestly I think the 'present' vote comes across attention-seeking and unwilling to take a real stand. 

If she really thought the process was too partisan to move forward, then vote no.  Schiff is a shameless, lying hack and this was a hyperpartisan charade to make up for the 3-year failure of Russiagate.  I bet that parade of militarist bureaucrats he put before the nation must have really pleased his Raytheon donors.

If she thought the Ukraine phone call stuff was so bad that it warranted impeachment, then vote like it.  It's like she's just trying to please everybody. 

I get what her argument is saying but I think it's super lame tbh.

I'd vote for Tulsi in a heartbeat over Trump.  Doesn't bother me she voted "present".
Does it bother you that she suggested she has information about 9/11 that the rest of us don't?  Cause it bothers me greatly.  This is Qanon level stuff.  What is to like about this? 

"I know something you don't".  Okay, spill it.  If you don't you're a fraud in my mind.  

Oh, but she is pretty!  

She's angling for future TV pundit work.  She'll do well in the Fox News right-wing media realm as the "sensible Democrat" who panders to the audience by criticizing Democrats and peddling fringe conspiracy theories.  :shrug:

Does it bother you that she suggested she has information about 9/11 that the rest of us don't?  Cause it bothers me greatly.  This is Qanon level stuff.  What is to like about this? 

"I know something you don't".  Okay, spill it.  If you don't you're a fraud in my mind.  

Oh, but she is pretty!  
Nope, doesn't bother me at all.

Oh, but she is pretty!  
maybe there is a better time and place for it.......

I'm a fan of Tulsi but you have to make a decision there. 
I don`t know.  Obama voted "present"  130 times when he was a senator. So it is tough to judge.  I would still vote for Tulsi over Trump if it came down to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, but she is pretty!  
All of our elected officials in Washington piss down our necks and tell us it’s raining.

Why does this one bother you so much more than the others?

She's angling for future TV pundit work.  She'll do well in the Fox News right-wing media realm as the "sensible Democrat" who panders to the audience by criticizing Democrats and peddling fringe conspiracy theories.  :shrug:
I assumed this was exactly what she would do if she leaves office.

All of our elected officials in Washington piss down our necks and tell us it’s raining.

Why does this one bother you so much more than the others?
Because 9/11 is a touchy subject for me.  If she knows something about it we don't, come out with it.  Don't allude to it.  Tell us.

She has nothing.  She is a fraud.  

My first take is she might be considering a switch to the Republican party and running again in 2024. If she voted to impeach that would never work. 

Her anti-war and even medicare for all messages play fairly well with the Fox News crowd, and given the smears and blackballing from her current party it's probably not a bad idea. I'd consider voting for her in the unlikely event that Bernie is running for his second term. 

Oh, but she is pretty!  
It bothers you that a government official has inside information you don't? Isn't that just about every politician?

My first take is she might be considering a switch to the Republican party and running again in 2024. If she voted to impeach that would never work. 

Her anti-war and even medicare for all messages play fairly well with the Fox News crowd, and given the smears and blackballing from her current party it's probably not a bad idea. I'd consider voting for her in the unlikely event that Bernie is running for his second term. 
There's no way she'd get anywhere as a Pub. This is the evolution of the American politician we're watching before our eyes. An individual who doesn't stand perfectly down the party lines anymore. This is a complex individual (like any of us) who who complex, sometimes conflicting views (at least as far as D vs R goes). Pubs would never give her the light of day with her anti-hawk stances and defense budget cuts.

We will see more individuals like this in the coming years. The younger generation is waking up that voting down party lines is harmful to the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way she'd get anywhere as a Pub. This is the evolution of the American politician we're watching before our eyes. An individual who doesn't stand perfectly down the party lines anymore. This is a complex individual (like any of us) who who complex, sometimes conflicting views (at least as far as D vs R goes). Pubs would never give her the light of day with her anti-hawk stances and defense budget cuts.

We will see more individuals like this in the coming years. The younger generation is waking up that voting down party lines is harmful to the country.
I hope you're right about the future, I think she's great.  

It bothers you that a government official has inside information you don't? Isn't that just about every politician?
If you can list out the other politicians who are claiming our government is hiding information about 9/11 please let me know their names so I can ignore them too.  I'd appreciate it.

Oh, but she is pretty!  
When has she suggested this? 

It’s amazing that you guys see her as a transformative political figure who is changing American politics.  I think she’s a grifter who realizes her conspiracy bread won’t be buttered on the left, so she’s changed courses and will be a well paid FoxNews fixture in the near future.

I wish there was a way to bet on this. 

It’s amazing that you guys see her as a transformative political figure who is changing American politics.  I think she’s a grifter who realizes her conspiracy bread won’t be buttered on the left, so she’s changed courses and will be a well paid FoxNews fixture in the near future.

Tons of "famous" people have done this already. Candice Owens tried to become a leftist pundit, it did not work, so now she is travelling the ring wing grifter circuit. There is a much larger and more profitable market for right wing pandering.

It’s also possible that she simply isn’t very bright.

The trumprussia conspiracy theory was the easiest, most prolific grift of all time.  Voters couldn’t understand how a reality gameshow host managed to beat the favored political establishment.  Failed political elites were desperate to find some excuse for why it wasn’t their fault.  Media operatives wanted a foil that could obscure how they managed to get it so wrong.  People who were understandably hurt by Trump’s election wanted a simple explanation for how this was all an anomaly, a comforting answer for a political reality they could no longer understand.   And so they turned to a conspiracy theory.  

Liberals feasted on conspiracy chum that was being spoonfed to them every day, for years.  Millions of them watched Rachel Maddow every night and bought Malcolm Nance’s books.  Total conmen scammers like Eric Garland and tons of msm pundits made literal careers out of it.  It was one of the greatest, most pervasive hoaxes of all time.  

The point is, no one has a monopoly on gullible, low-information voters.  It’s just factually wrong and this sort of partisan dunking doesn’t help.  I never would have dreamed anti-Trump lefties could turn into 1953 Republicans and start calling us Russian assets.  But there it went.  

The trumprussia conspiracy theory was the easiest, most prolific grift of all time.  Voters couldn’t understand how a reality gameshow host managed to beat the favored political establishment.  Failed political elites were desperate to find some excuse for why it wasn’t their fault.  Media operatives wanted a foil that could obscure how they managed to get it so wrong.  People who were understandably hurt by Trump’s election wanted a simple explanation for how this was all an anomaly, a comforting answer for a political reality they could no longer understand.   And so they turned to a conspiracy theory.  

Liberals feasted on conspiracy chum that was being spoonfed to them every day, for years.  Millions of them watched Rachel Maddow every night and bought Malcolm Nance’s books.  Total conmen scammers like Eric Garland and tons of msm pundits made literal careers out of it.  It was one of the greatest, most pervasive hoaxes of all time.  

The point is, no one has a monopoly on gullible, low-information voters.  It’s just factually wrong and this sort of partisan dunking doesn’t help.  I never would have dreamed anti-Trump lefties could turn into 1953 Republicans and start calling us Russian assets.  But there it went.  

You saying that the Trump-Russia thing is a "conspiracy theory" is one of the biggest reasons I think you have a hidden agenda.  You are too smart.  

Now, if you said, "there wasn't enough evidence to conclusively show," or "I don't believe he had a criminal intent," or twenty other things you could say, then fine.  But to dismiss concerns whole-cloth as fabrication is dishonest. 

Trump clearly said on TV for all of us to hear "Russia, if you are listening."  He said it.  There were admissions all over the place about very real things.  People lied to FBI agents.  There were real meetings between campaign officials and foreign nationals.  There was a real email from Don Jr. saying "if this is what I think it is, I love it." (this is off the top of my head, not an exact quote).  His former campaign manager IS GOING TO JAIL for illegal activity.  There was absolutely, unquestionably, 100% reason for looking into Trump.  And he absolutely, unquestionably, 100% tried to derail the investigation looking into this. 

I think she’s a grifter
She was a rising star in the party with a leadership position in the DNC. She was on easy street until she took a principled stand. And now she's one of the most loathed politicians in the country. If she was just out for herself all she had to do was keep her mouth shut. I think whatever benefit she's getting for unorthodox politics is miniscule compared to what she had coming if she just continued to toe the party line. I can respect those who disagree with politics, but this line of attack makes no sense to me.

For the life of me, I don't understand this weird cult like appeal of Gabbard.  For people who like her, I really haven't seen any discussion of her policies.  That doesn't seem to be driving the traffic.  Is it her personality?  Her anti-establishment stuff?  So strange.  I also haven't seen any responses to some pretty damning criticism.

For the life of me, I don't understand this weird cult like appeal of Gabbard.  For people who like her, I really haven't seen any discussion of her policies.  That doesn't seem to be driving the traffic.  Is it her personality?  Her anti-establishment stuff?  So strange.  I also haven't seen any responses to some pretty damning criticism.
For me, I am 100% onboard with any politician willing to criticize the military-industrial complex by name. Even if I disagree with them on other issues this takes precedence. It's that important to me.

For me, I am 100% onboard with any politician willing to criticize the military-industrial complex by name. Even if I disagree with them on other issues this takes precedence. It's that important to me.
That’s not what Tulsi did though.  She questioned the international consensus on chemical weapons being used against civilians in Syria, with exactly zero evidence to support her theory.  

You saying that the Trump-Russia thing is a "conspiracy theory" is one of the biggest reasons I think you have a hidden agenda.  You are too smart.  

Now, if you said, "there wasn't enough evidence to conclusively show," or "I don't believe he had a criminal intent," or twenty other things you could say, then fine.  But to dismiss concerns whole-cloth as fabrication is dishonest. 

Trump clearly said on TV for all of us to hear "Russia, if you are listening."  He said it.  There were admissions all over the place about very real things.  People lied to FBI agents.  There were real meetings between campaign officials and foreign nationals.  There was a real email from Don Jr. saying "if this is what I think it is, I love it." (this is off the top of my head, not an exact quote).  His former campaign manager IS GOING TO JAIL for illegal activity.  There was absolutely, unquestionably, 100% reason for looking into Trump.  And he absolutely, unquestionably, 100% tried to derail the investigation looking into this. 
No, I actually believe it was a madeup conspiracy theory.  The connections between the Trump campaign and Russia were actually pretty tenuous when you look at them.  I could outline how all the things you mention here are either innocuous or generally unrelated to the conspiracy theory that never materialized, but it’d just be too time consuming. 

If there really were a conspiracy theory between the Trump campaign and Russia- it is so tiresome to go down this road again but we’ll do it anyway- why would Trump:

-be attempting to extradite/imprison Assange, who could very easily out the conspiracy if he played a role in one

-escalate tensions with Russia, engage in proxy wars on multiple fronts (VZ, Syria, Iran), scrap disarmament treaties

-these guys operate with the sophistication of a Dairy Queen manager- we are supposed to believe they hid a vast international conspiracy from multiple intel agencies and a special prosecutor’s office combing over their every move, for years?  

-why, if the Trump campaign already had made a deal for the email publications, would Roger Stone be reaching out to Wikileaks for info on the releases in October?  Why wouldn’t the Trump campaign just get the info from their Russian contacts long before that?

-why would Trump go so far out of his way to sink Nordstream 2 pipeline between Germany & Russia, a vital economic foothold for them?  

-If the Trump campaign was that connected to the Kremlin, why didn’t it know its ### from a hole in the ground when it was trying to put up a Trump Tower in Moscow in June of ‘16?  Trump’s people reached out to Putin’s secretary for heaven’s sake.  The project failed, and Cohen ripped Sater for being an incompetent hack that was making him look bad.  

The reality is that the dossier- and the intelligence chiefs’ decision to grant it official credibility (and the media going on for years about how it had been corroborated, and the fact that we didn’t know for like a year that it was a Clinton-bought oppodump)- was the main catalyst for the sinister cloud around the Trump administration.  On the most key details, the most salacious allegations, it was a wholesale fabrication.  

There are a lot of other problems with the official narrative- conflicts of interest, shoddy investigation that never once sought input from Wikileaks, overblown exaggeration of the threat posted by cheesy social media posts.  

If you think there was a good reason to suspect such a serious crime had been committed- I don’t think there was based on the George P/Carter Page predicates, and I don’t think it needed a special counsel- fair enough, I respect that.  

But we should all be able to agree on the facts as they are.  Which is that multiple years of investigation, international scrutiny, and 24/7 newsroom beats never established collusion. It was just a conspiracy theory.

If she has something, say it.  Be a hero.  Say what you know.  Don't allude to it.  Don't ask Donald Trump to reveal it for us.  Say what it is you know the rest of us don't.  

She is clickbait.  That's what she is. 

Whatever.  Voters have moved on and so will I.  

Users who are viewing this thread