What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tulsi Gabbard 2020 (1 Viewer)

No thanks…not interested in anything from Tucker.
No problem. It was just clips of MSM singing her virtues. It's funny when I post from left leaning media like Mother Jones that's not good enough. Of course Tuckers not. Guess I'll just stop.

When someone posts something from. Rachel Maddow I'll give it a listen. Also from the View they are always good for a laugh. I don't know I like to listen to all sides. That's just me though.
Im sure they have in sourts. But she was never some big darling of thenleft. Never close to say the power in the party of Cheney in the GOP.

Its utterly useless to watch selective clips from Tucker Carlson IMO.

No problem. It was just clips of MSM singing her virtues. It's funny when I post from left leaning media like Mother Jones that's not good enough. Of course Tuckers not. Guess I'll just stop.

When someone posts something from. Rachel Maddow I'll give it a listen. Also from the View they are always good for a laugh. I don't know I like to listen to all sides. That's just me though.
The only reason to post a video from The View is to laugh at it.

I thought she actually was a darling to the left back in '15-17, somewhere? I remember CNN especially using "next big star, rising star, etc, etc". I thought the big issue was when she dared talked to Trim about things going on in Syria or something and the left basically ousted her. Could be wrong but I really remember her being well-liked by the lefts a while back.

I thought she actually was a darling to the left back in '15-17, somewhere? I remember CNN especially using "next big star, rising star, etc, etc". I thought the big issue was when she dared talked to Trim about things going on in Syria or something and the left basically ousted her. Could be wrong but I really remember her being well-liked by the lefts a while back.
I started this Tucker clip( posted earlier) at the point where he shows a compilation on other stations praising her:

I started this Tucker clip( posted earlier) at the point where he shows a compilation on other stations praising her:

Thanks, i Isn't see that but appreciate it. I thought I remembered it right...Thank you.

But she was never some big darling of thenleft.
She was certainly a "rising star" when she got nominated to a high position in the DNC very early on in her congressional career. If she had just played ball, endorsed mainstream Democrats and regurgitated the party line on everything, she would probably have the stature of someone like Stacy Abrams or Elizabeth Warren at the very least.

She was certainly a "rising star" when she got nominated to a high position in the DNC very early on in her congressional career. If she had just played ball, endorsed mainstream Democrats and regurgitated the party line on everything, she would probably have the stature of someone like Stacy Abrams or Elizabeth Warren at the very least.
Yes, democrats expect that leaders of the party will embrace and promote democratic platforms.

Id say the same about Carlson. Neither are great.
rising star for a bit sure…but how well did she do in the primaries…thats how well she was liked by democrats already then.

rising star for a bit sure…but how well did she do in the primaries…thats how well she was liked by democrats already then.
She was not well liked in her own district. She was not going to be re-elected so she dropped out of the race.

Not every career track is a straight line.

So, with that litmus test you must have been really surprised when Biden named Kamala his VP.

So, with that litmus test you must have been really surprised when Biden named Kamala his VP.
Sure. And she isn’t some darling if the party either…still in the party and im not a fan.

Yes, democrats expect that leaders of the party will embrace and promote democratic platforms.
Aka, reinforce their 'inclusive' 'diverse' rainbow-colored drones, say a bunch of feelgood baloney and empty platitudes, while doing absolutely nothing to improve people's material conditions.

I don't want to sit here and defend her, I think Gabbard is super sus for a lot of reasons. But not because she wasn't a Good Democrat.

Aka, reinforce their 'inclusive' 'diverse' rainbow-colored drones, say a bunch of feelgood baloney and empty platitudes, while doing absolutely nothing to improve people's material conditions.

I don't want to sit here and defend her, I think Gabbard is super sus for a lot of reasons. But not because she wasn't a Good Democrat.
She was a democrat out of political expedience only. She would not have been elected in her district otherwise, and she was not going to be re-elected in her last bid. She does not align with other democrats politically, which is why she is now a Fox News commentator.

As long as they all leave office greatly enriched financially, they're all sus. That's about as far as I will 'defend' her, though I will say to the point about her being a political opportunist: Even Nixon went to China.

For the record, I don't know much about about her, other than when she attacked Kamala's track record in that debate, and some of the talking points from/about her over the last four years, so I'm not in the bag for her per se. To me, she's out of step with what it means to be a 'politician' in this current climate, though I don't condemn her for that; it just makes getting in/staying in office tricky, as history has borne out.

I went back to page 1 of this thread and started reading it again. I tried to read the New Yorker article @fatguyinalittlecoat posted, though my chronic ADHD made it difficult to separate the fluff and opinion building points from actual facts about her politics. From what I could glean, if anything, she's the same political enigma she was when she started, with one foot supporting liberal issues and one supporting conservative ones.

It was definitely political suicide to not fall in lock-step with the DNC. To me, though, it was refreshing to see a politician (former at this point, I guess) follow that type of path, and while I would probably take issue with some of her policies/stances, her willingness to actually volunteer to put her life at risk in service to this country, along with her fairly consistent adherence to her own views (as was laid out in the article, anyway) would make me trust that her desire to be a servant of this country (as opposed to seeing it as a means to power and wealth) is honest, something both parties need more of.

I think it was inevitable that she had to leave the DNC; her goals didn't 100% mesh with theirs and these days if you're not with your party (including RNC, just to be clear) and all it stands for, you're against it.

I generally like Gabbard, but I think she sits in a bit of a weird political position that will hurt her chances in the Democratic primary. She's very left/progressive on some issues, while also being a pretty big warhawk due to her own personal beliefs and history. I think that will hurt her if there are other, more "pure" progressive candidates running against her in a primary. That said, I could see that mix being more appealing in a general election, as she might be able to bring over some people that would balk at a more traditional progressive candidate. As a poor analogy, I see her a bit more like a Teddy progressive than an FDR progressive.
Too bad for her that she wasn't born into Roosevelt-type money.

Users who are viewing this thread