What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (2 Viewers)

According to those familiar with the tests, the walls withstood cutting torches, jackhammers and concrete saws better than anything currently on the border, and were almost impossible to climb, thanks to anti-climbing and anti-perching features.
Among the eight designs, agents still prefer the see-through bollard style fence, topped with a flat concrete or steel anti-scaling mat.
Agents are the first to admit no wall is impassable
From the fox news article...

But, but, there was a picture with a hole cut in it with a saw!!! 

bad article written by a bad "news" organization. :shrug:   
Please note the date of the article, January 30. It's from last year and mentions the DHS tests results on the prototypes were to be released in the coming months. 

The wall will be based on the eight prototypes recently constructed outside San Diego. The models recently underwent rigorous testing by special operation teams from El Paso and Florida.

According to those familiar with the tests, the walls withstood cutting torches, jackhammers and concrete saws better than anything currently on the border, and were almost impossible to climb, thanks to anti-climbing and anti-perching features.

“I can’t talk about it,” said a DHS official in Washington. “But the walls were so high we had to suspend testing. It was unsafe. Out of dozens and attempts, one guy made it to the top but he couldn’t get down. We had to bring him down with cherry picker.”

The test results are secret and won’t be revealed for another two to three months, sources say. But after multiple interviews with Border Patrol sources, here are a few key takeaways.

Among the eight designs, agents still prefer the see-through bollard style fence, topped with a flat concrete or steel anti-scaling mat. Agents say a 30-foot-high fence may not be necessary, 24 feet might be acceptable to save a few dollars.
The test results were never released to the public. They had to be obtained by an FOIA request.

The american population is not on decline. We gain a person every 18 seconds. 
Is that a lot?

Intuitively, a birth rate of 1.80 per female is gonna lead to a declining population sooner or later. I know next to nothing about this stuff. Longevity, adoption rates...gotta be a ton of pertinent data I’m not taking into consideration.

This year Millennials will surpass Baby Boomers as the largest generation (at the end of 2016 the scoreboard said 71M to 74M.) So if you’re between 22 and 37, get off my back about the whole “you guys ruined it for everyone” schtick.

:P

Is that a lot?

Intuitively, a birth rate of 1.80 per female is gonna lead to a declining population sooner or later. I know next to nothing about this stuff. Longevity, adoption rates...gotta be a ton of pertinent data I’m not taking into consideration.

This year Millennials will surpass Baby Boomers as the largest generation (at the end of 2016 the scoreboard said 71M to 74M.) So if you’re between 22 and 37, get off my back about the whole “you guys ruined it for everyone” schtick.

:P
Roughly a quarter of US-born children in the country right now were born to mothers who were born in another country. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Roughly a quarter of children in the country right now were born to mothers who were born in another country. 
Well we should stop that, right?

<whispers in Presidents ear>....remember we talked about what drives GDP? Productivity aaaaaaannnnnd...</whispering>

Population growth?

<whispers>you’re doing really well sir...what should you do now?</whispers>

oh, hey, sorry guys, was daydreaming

You MUST tell GoFundMe you still want to Build the Wall or your contribution will not be included in this historic project. 

ACT NOW. CLICK HERE TO SAY YES! https://bit.ly/2SIQyBg 

If you want a refund for your donation, no need to do anything. You will receive your refund a few weeks after the 90 days expires and GoFundMe will notify you once your refund has processed. If you would prefer a refund now, you can request that here: https://bit.ly/2smynWq 

You can also contact GoFundMe here. You need to do this by April 10!

You MUST tell GoFundMe you still want to Build the Wall or your contribution will not be included in this historic project. 

ACT NOW. CLICK HERE TO SAY YES! https://bit.ly/2SIQyBg 

If you want a refund for your donation, no need to do anything. You will receive your refund a few weeks after the 90 days expires and GoFundMe will notify you once your refund has processed. If you would prefer a refund now, you can request that here: https://bit.ly/2smynWq 

You can also contact GoFundMe here. You need to do this by April 10!
Maybe all those generous wall zealots will use their refunded donations for homeless veterans or children's cancer now. If it felt good to donate on behalf of hatred and racism, imagine how great it'd feel to do it for reasons of compassion and humanity.

Maybe all those generous wall zealots will use their refunded donations for homeless veterans or children's cancer now. If it felt good to donate on behalf of hatred and racism, imagine how great it'd feel to do it for reasons of compassion and humanity.
a non profit has been set up to build the wall and people can choose to transfer their donation to it.

Or furloughed feds?

I obviously knew this was an incredibly stupid idea, but I at least thought this Kolfage guy was at least on the up-and-up. I don't know when I'll learn my lesson.  The Trump rot is inescapable.  Everything it touches is contaminated, and everything that touches it is contaminated.

The dream has died. GoFundMe is refunding everyone and shutting it down.
The refunds should go to the person's name the money was donated in. So Nancy Pelosi should be getting a poopton of cash from the rubes in Bama and other Redneckistan areas.

Users who are viewing this thread