Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Getzlaf15

Go Fund Me for the Wall ......

Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,581,071

OMG practically going backwards.

They deserve to lose their money.

What does that build? like 1/2 mile of wall?

50 years before they get to a billion...

There now I just saved everybody a bunch of time. 

• Like 1

Just now, parasaurolophus said:

OMG practically going backwards.

They deserve to lose their money.

What does that build? like 1/2 mile of wall?

50 years before they get to a billion...

There now I just saved everybody a bunch of time. 

I'm just shocked that it actually got another 100k in the last 24 hours. When there's 19 million already that the suckers have no idea if they're ever getting it back.  Anyone still donating at this point simply hates having money.

I sincerely hope no one gets scammed on this and the money is refunded

But as I said from the beginning, there are some Nigerian princes desperate to get the donor list 

1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,774,986   
change - $193,915

Huge bump from the speech :lmao:

The speech was a gamechanger as evidenced by this.  Trump looked solid, and Pelosi and Schumer looked wooden and even defeated.  I'm sure people who just casually follow politics noticed this.  

1 minute ago, butcher boy said:

The speech was a gamechanger as evidenced by this.  Trump looked solid, and Pelosi and Schumer looked wooden and even defeated.  I'm sure people who just casually follow politics noticed this.  

I take it more as his supporters watching last night and thinking, 'No way in hell is he getting a wall now. Chuck and Nancy b****slapped him". Thus making them dip into their wallets to fund it themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

uh no

5 minutes ago, butcher boy said:
7 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,774,986   
change - $193,915

The speech was a gamechanger as evidenced by this. 

Getzlaf was being sarcastic, buddy.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Et tu, Brute?

46 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Getzlaf was being sarcastic, buddy.

I thought it was some grade A schtick until I saw his avatar.  oof.

Idaho Statesmen has a FB pool up.  67% against in a huge red state.

To me, this is the great American system of checks and balances working great. A lot of Rep are firing back because they don't want to lose their political capital over this.

:yawn: 

Tag me when we finally get at least a mile of wall paid for. 

16 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

"Guy who works for Fox News supports the President"

Well, touché. Compelling stuff.

Any comment on getting fooled by Getzlaf's post?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

That's some fake news talking head. I'll go with the story that has Republican Senators commenting that Trump's getting it handed to him.

Is today the big day?  After getting to 17 million in a few days, this pathetic Gofundme has been limping towards 20 million for weeks. I think today may be the day it finally gets there.  I may even donate $1 to help.   It feels like one of those Ironman videos where the runner is struggling to keep her feet and there's fecal matter running down her thighs and the other runners are helping her cross the finish line.  Although this finish line is only 1/1250th of the way to what they'd actually need.

Footage obtained by news organizations indicates DHS tested a “steel slatted border” prototype.

They were able to cut through the slats with a saw. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

• Thinking 1

21 hours ago, butcher boy said:

He definietely hit his target audience. His speech was followed by mass emails to his supporters asking for more money to support him for 2020. It was an infomercial to raise money for his re-election campaign more than anything. He isn't even asking Congress for enough money to actually build the wall. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

He definietely hit his target audience. His speech was followed by mass emails to his supporters asking for more money to support him for 2020. It was an infomercial to raise money for his re-election campaign more than anything. He isn't even asking Congress for enough money to actually build the wall. 

He has no plans for the wall...they ask about what 5 billion (or whatever the number is now) will be spent in and he apparently didn’t have an answer.  That’s not a great way to budget things.

44 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Footage obtained by news organizations indicates DHS tested a “steel slatted border” prototype.

They were able to cut through the slats with a saw. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

Lol. I cant wait for the reports that show bulldozers could knock them down, bombs could blow it up, and that digging a trench underneath it could make it fall. 

I would love to see video footage of the saw cutting through. Especially if it was done at night. Would look awesome. 

I love how they just say "saw" like it is some dork with a hacksaw. 

yeah i'm not getting the significance of being able to saw through it.  it's not made of unobtainium.

2 hours ago, joffer said:

yeah i'm not getting the significance of being able to saw through it.  it's not made of unobtainium.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trumps-border-wall-prototypes-virtually-impassable-pass-rigorous-testing

"Trump’s border wall prototypes virtually impassable, pass rigorous testing"

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:34 AM, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,774,986   

$19,942,286

Change - $167,300

So we are about 7-8 hours away from the $20mil milestone.  @Bucky86 won't be able to control himself.  :D

14 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,942,286

Change - $167,300

So we are about 7-8 hours away from the $20mil milestone.  @Bucky86 won't be able to control himself.  :D

Is that a mile of wall?

I guess that whole carrying ladder conversation was also useless...much easier to just carry a saw.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:37 AM, butcher boy said:
On 1/9/2019 at 8:34 AM, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,774,986   
change - $193,915

The speech was a gamechanger as evidenced by this. 

Donations are down 15% in the past 24 hours.

:gamechanger:

• Laughing 1

According to those familiar with the tests, the walls withstood cutting torches, jackhammers and concrete saws better than anything currently on the border, and were almost impossible to climb, thanks to anti-climbing and anti-perching features.

Among the eight designs, agents still prefer the see-through bollard style fence, topped with a flat concrete or steel anti-scaling mat.

Agents are the first to admit no wall is impassable

From the fox news article...

But, but, there was a picture with a hole cut in it with a saw!!! 

This is something I find odd.  Studies are saying that we’re not having enough babies to replace our population. Basically, the American population is on decline. With that said we still have people saying there isn’t enough room for immigrants. 

https://www.today.com/health/u-s-fertility-rate-continues-7-year-decline-t146536?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

$19,942,286

Change - $167,300

$20,002,934

Mad rush..it only took 6 hours

Mine put it over the top!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

$20,002,934

Still not a mile of wall. :yawn: 

3 hours ago, joffer said:

bad article written by a bad "news" organization. :shrug:  

Please note the date of the article, January 30. It's from last year and mentions the DHS tests results on the prototypes were to be released in the coming months. 

The wall will be based on the eight prototypes recently constructed outside San Diego. The models recently underwent rigorous testing by special operation teams from El Paso and Florida.

According to those familiar with the tests, the walls withstood cutting torches, jackhammers and concrete saws better than anything currently on the border, and were almost impossible to climb, thanks to anti-climbing and anti-perching features.

“I can’t talk about it,” said a DHS official in Washington. “But the walls were so high we had to suspend testing. It was unsafe. Out of dozens and attempts, one guy made it to the top but he couldn’t get down. We had to bring him down with cherry picker.”

The test results are secret and won’t be revealed for another two to three months, sources say. But after multiple interviews with Border Patrol sources, here are a few key takeaways.

Among the eight designs, agents still prefer the see-through bollard style fence, topped with a flat concrete or steel anti-scaling mat. Agents say a 30-foot-high fence may not be necessary, 24 feet might be acceptable to save a few dollars.

The test results were never released to the public. They had to be obtained by an FOIA request.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

44 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

$20,002,934

Woohoo! One 1250th of the way to the wall!

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Hey! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

Hey! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Not if it’s in a car. 

• Like 1

Or the person making the journey is disabled and in a wheelchair 

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It will take them at least a few minutes to walk around that section. Trump winning yet again.

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

It will take them at least a few minutes to walk around that section. Trump winning yet again.

This whole thread just completely disregards the disabled community. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is something I find odd.  Studies are saying that we’re not having enough babies to replace our population. Basically, the American population is on decline. With that said we still have people saying there isn’t enough room for immigrants. 

https://www.today.com/health/u-s-fertility-rate-continues-7-year-decline-t146536?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma

The american population is not on decline. We gain a person every 18 seconds. 

4 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

The american population is not on decline. We gain a person every 18 seconds. 

Is that a lot?

Intuitively, a birth rate of 1.80 per female is gonna lead to a declining population sooner or later. I know next to nothing about this stuff. Longevity, adoption rates...gotta be a ton of pertinent data I’m not taking into consideration.

This year Millennials will surpass Baby Boomers as the largest generation (at the end of 2016 the scoreboard said 71M to 74M.) So if you’re between 22 and 37, get off my back about the whole “you guys ruined it for everyone” schtick.

:P

7 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Is that a lot?

Intuitively, a birth rate of 1.80 per female is gonna lead to a declining population sooner or later. I know next to nothing about this stuff. Longevity, adoption rates...gotta be a ton of pertinent data I’m not taking into consideration.

This year Millennials will surpass Baby Boomers as the largest generation (at the end of 2016 the scoreboard said 71M to 74M.) So if you’re between 22 and 37, get off my back about the whole “you guys ruined it for everyone” schtick.

:P

Roughly a quarter of US-born children in the country right now were born to mothers who were born in another country. 

Edited by Henry Ford

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Roughly a quarter of children in the country right now were born to mothers who were born in another country. 

Well we should stop that, right?

<whispers in Presidents ear>....remember we talked about what drives GDP? Productivity aaaaaaannnnnd...</whispering>

Population growth?

<whispers>you’re doing really well sir...what should you do now?</whispers>

oh, hey, sorry guys, was daydreaming

Edited by BobbyLayne