What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (2 Viewers)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the money is collected by GFM and then dispersed at the end of the campaign to the originator.  (which is why Kolfage mentions there is a timeline they have to meet.) That's the way I've always seen it work. I don't see GFM dispersing the money here.
I've done GFM in the past. You need a bank account linked and then you just initiate a withdrawal. Takes a couple of days for the money to show up in your bank account. You dont need to wait until the "end" of a campaign (what is the end, when you can always adjust your target?).

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001992767-Withdrawal-Guide

Have you read the guy's resume?
Yea - not a fan.

But it seems a slippery slope when you can address another human being as if they aren't indeed human.

Obama was the antichrist, remember?  Amazing the parallels both sides take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stealing $16,000 from a charity is an evil act, especially when it is combined with a complete lack of contrition, along with attempts to stalk and harass the person who exposed the scam.

There is a difference between a person doing bad things, and declaring that person evil.

The difference is substantial.

Stealing $16,000 from a charity is an evil act, especially when it is combined with a complete lack of contrition, along with attempts to stalk and harass the person who exposed the scam.

There is a difference between a person doing bad things, and declaring that person evil.

The difference is substantial.
Right. That's why I said he was being evil instead of stating that he "is evil". I suppose on a technical level I should have said "doing evil", but somehow I doubt that would have stopped you from threadcrapping.

Sad that you're turning this into a "both sides" thing.

Sadder that you're putting critics of this scammer on the same level of people who called Obama the anti-Christ.
It is the religious argument.

It efforts to avoid critical discussion and just approach everything the guy does in black and white.

You have declared him evil, so now you can easily dismiss any and everything on those terms. 

Same thing conservatives tried to do with Obama... not a surprise beyond the assumption I still struggle not to make.  That the left is above these things.

It is the religious argument.

It efforts to avoid critical discussion and just approach everything the guy does in black and white.

You have declared him evil, so now you can easily dismiss any and everything on those terms. 

Same thing conservatives tried to do with Obama... not a surprise beyond the assumption I still struggle not to make.  That the left is above these things.
Your mind works in mysterious ways in this forum. 

Yea - not a fan.

But it seems a slippery slope when you can address another human being as if they aren't indeed human.

Obama was the antichrist, remember?  Amazing the parallels both sides take.
What would appear on Obama's resume that could make him comparable to this shyster?

What would appear on Obama's resume that could make him comparable to this shyster?
Labeling a person as evil, the antichrist, etc.. is never about taking the high ground in terms of reason and logic.  It is an attempt to remove that inconvenience from your attacks.

Labeling a person as evil, the antichrist, etc.. is never about taking the high ground in terms of reason and logic.  It is an attempt to remove that inconvenience from your attacks.
You're getting destroyed. You made a terrible comparison and you're digging yourself deeper. Just bow out as gracefully as you still can.

You're getting destroyed. You made a terrible comparison and you're digging yourself deeper. Just bow out as gracefully as you still can.
Getting personal is not a good look.  

We are debating a topic in a subforum for topics that were deemed unworthy of a forum on a fantasy football website.  You will get less frustrated and upset if you keep this context in mind.  You won't feel like you have to attack posters, and it will allow you to stay on track with the topic.

The topic that so many here seem to react personally to is the observation that so much of the ugliness on one side is reflected in the other.

This was/is the epiphany for me in this election and presidential term.

Not sure how I had never noticed it before.. perhaps I was guilty of it myself.

Getting personal is not a good look.  

We are debating a topic in a subforum for topics that were deemed unworthy of a forum on a fantasy football website.  You will get less frustrated and upset if you keep this context in mind.  You won't feel like you have to attack posters, and it will allow you to stay on track with the topic.
You've had a half dozen people tell you it's a terrible comparison. A lifelong shyster and racist who steals people's money is not compatible to Obama. A man who served 8 years without s single scandal. It's typical conservative whataboutism.  Sometimes, it's ok to admit a conservative is a horrible person. Try it. You'll feel better about yourself. 

You've had a half dozen people tell you it's a terrible comparison. A lifelong shyster and racist who steals people's money is not compatible to Obama. A man who served 8 years without s single scandal. It's typical conservative whataboutism.  Sometimes, it's ok to admit a conservative is a horrible person. Try it. You'll feel better about yourself. 
Another issue here when you get personal is that you fail to make any attempt to understand the person you are conversing with.  I never compared Obama to Trump.  I 100% agree that Trump is a horrible person from what i can tell on TV and print.  I am not a conservative in any possible manipulation of the word.

You should slow down.

We are debating a topic in a subforum for topics that were deemed unworthy of a forum on a fantasy football website.
This is kind of a personal attack on Joe, IMO. His decision to create this forum has nothing to do with whether the topics are "unworthy" of being in the FFA.

Another issue here when you get personal is that you fail to make any attempt to understand the person you are conversing with.  I never compared Obama to Trump.  I 100% agree that Trump is a horrible person from what i can tell on TV and print.  I am not a conservative in any possible manipulation of the word.

You should slow down.
You compared Obama to the conman who started the GoFundMe wall page. I asked if you read his resume. That's when you pulled out the Obama nonsense. 

This is kind of a personal attack on Joe, IMO. His decision to create this forum has nothing to do with whether the topics are "unworthy" of being in the FFA.
They were distracting from the forum, generally with posts like those on this page that are anything but excellent.

Unworthy are my words.  If Joe takes them personally, I would be happy to discuss.

Omg. Are you purposely being obtuse? I never mentioned Trump. Do you even know what thread you're in?
You truly seem frustrated.. I'll come back to it later and try again.  This isn't productive and is again just something I don't relate to..

Omg. Are you purposely being obtuse? I never mentioned Trump. Do you even know what thread you're in?
A lifelong shyster and racist who steals people's money is not compatible to Obama. A man who served 8 years without s single scandal. It's typical conservative whataboutism. 
If I am getting this wrong please clarify.. this is Trump, correct?  

No.   It's the guy who set up the gofundme.
:lmao:   

Guilty again of not reading the thread.  The original reference was horribly off.  The point remains, but I see how it got lost.

Regardless, take it easy @JuniorNB.  Just isn't necessary.

Thank you Henry for your effort and example here.

:lmao:   

Guilty again of not reading the thread.  The original reference was horribly off.  The point remains, but I see how it got lost.

Regardless, take it easy @JuniorNB.  Just isn't necessary.

Thank you Henry for your effort and example here.
We've had this discussion before, you and I, but this sort of thing happens when you come into a thread and don't even read the parts you're commenting on while telling people they're interpreting and discussing those things all wrong.  It's not the end of the world or anything, but all it does is derail everything for two or three pages and then you leave.

Just so i am clear here. Talk about real data from an actual government report that happens to be cited in a CIS piece and we cant discuss it because the CIS is terrible but we can cite as definitive that this guy stole 16k because louie from the internet said so? 

He may or may not have done it, but i think maybe we should have better links than weirdoprofessionaldotcom before we definitively conclude. 

NBC reported on some of the other shady stuff but didnt mention this. 

Just so i am clear here. Talk about real data from an actual government report that happens to be cited in a CIS piece and we cant discuss it because the CIS is terrible but we can cite as definitive that this guy stole 16k because louie from the internet said so? 

He may or may not have done it, but i think maybe we should have better links than weirdoprofessionaldotcom before we definitively conclude. 

NBC reported on some of the other shady stuff but didnt mention this. 
First off, you're welcome to discuss pieces published by the CIS. Just as everyone else is welcome to talk about their association with white nationalists and their history of twisting and/or omitting facts to support a narrative.

As for Mr. Kolfage, I suppose we could go back and add the word "allegedly" to our posts. Would that make you feel better?

"He allegedly stole $16,000 from a charity, but he definitely called President Obama a 'half-breed' and he definitely stalked, harassed, and doxxed an innocent woman."

First off, you're welcome to discuss pieces published by the CIS. Just as everyone else is welcome to talk about their association with white nationalists and their history of twisting and/or omitting facts to support a narrative.

As for Mr. Kolfage, I suppose we could go back and add the word "allegedly" to our posts. Would that make you feel better?

"He allegedly stole $16,000 from a charity, but he definitely called President Obama a 'half-breed' and he definitely stalked, harassed, and doxxed an innocent woman."
Translation: Louie from the internet is A-ok in scooter's book as long is he agrees with scooter. 
Actually, I don't approve of some of his language and characterizations (which is why I gave a 'like' to Ranethe's post here). And I said he was being "un-excellent" here.

Maybe if you paid closer attention you wouldn't have been so quick to make a blanket generalization about me.

I suppose it's possible that Louie-from-the-internet went to great lengths to falsify numerous Facebook screenshots which documented Kolfage's deplorableness, but given Mr. Kolfage's established history, I'm leaning towards those screenshots being real.

If I lied or doctored images, I’d open myself to litigation. Kolfage won’t even deny let alone acknowledge the allegations. He knows it’s true. I’m not a mystery man...I’m the guy Kolfage tried to sue and lost to. He knows where to find me. 

The fact remains, Kolfage is a con artist and a terrorist. 

Actually, I don't approve of some of his language and characterizations (which is why I gave a 'like' to Ranethe's post here). And I said he was being "un-excellent" here.

Maybe if you paid closer attention you wouldn't have been so quick to make a blanket generalization about me.

I suppose it's possible that Louie-from-the-internet went to great lengths to falsify numerous Facebook screenshots which documented Kolfage's deplorableness, but given Mr. Kolfage's established history, I'm leaning towards those screenshots being real.
The screenshots don't show that he stole 16k. But I get why you would move the focus there. 

Actually yes they do. Unless you think it’s normal to never file for non profit status or visit a military hospital 4 years later. Lol!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread