What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your go to Chinese take out order? (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
I haven't had Chinese food in quite a while, and don't order it too often.  But when I do, it is usually General Tso's Chicken as my go to.   My kid wants Beef Lo Mein...what a loser.  20 minutes...

we mix it up but there is a strong percentage of:

either bbq pork fried rice or beef chow fun

either spicy sesame  or general tso chicken

then

mongolian beef, if we order from a particular restaurant

sole with ginger and scallion, from another

Manchurian beef, from a third

Last edited by a moderator:
General Tso's especially this time of year.  But favorite Chinese place closed and everywhere else I've tried isn't quite as good at that dish.  Ordering more sweet and sour chicken as a result.

I order once a week or so, usually Saturday morning with an eyeball hanging out. The place I usually order from is phenomenally good. Last order was shrimp fried rice and twice cooked pork with fresh garlic leaves. Prior order was fried chicken with dried chile peppers and traditional style kung pao, hold the peppercorns.

I haven't had Chinese food in quite a while, and don't order it too often.  But when I do, it is usually General Tso's Chicken as my go to.   My kid wants Beef Lo Mein...what a loser.  20 minutes...
Back in the day when single and just me, it used to be General Tso's chicken and House Special (combination) Lo Mein. 

General Tso's especially this time of year.  But favorite Chinese place closed and everywhere else I've tried isn't quite as good at that dish.  Ordering more sweet and sour chicken as a result.
I pretty much judge a Chinese place by its General Tso's. If I go to a new place, I order the Generals. Gotta be quality chicken, crispy not soggy, right amount of spicy, and a little sweetness, but not too sweet.

I pretty much judge a Chinese place by its General Tso's. If I go to a new place, I order the Generals. Gotta be quality chicken, crispy not soggy, right amount of spicy, and a little sweetness, but not too sweet.
Yeah, everything I've tried has one thing or another not ideal.  Not spicy enough, or didn't like their deep frying, or just the flavor was too far from what I had preferred.  There's a few more in the area I still need to try.  I miss the old one, was right on the way home from work. They knew my voice on the phone to know what my order would be.

Wonton soup, steamed dumplings, boneless ribs, house special lo mein (no veggies), chicken with broccoli, sesame chicken, shrimp with lobster sauce

Going to a quality place or Lim`s in a strip mall whose specialty is Almond Chicken?

Good place I like Hunan chicken or shrimp with veggies medium heat.

Pupu for 2. large pork fried rice. spare ribs on the bone. tuna and salmon sushi ( the place we go to has killer sushi ). 

Well damn.  That was disappointing.  Flavor was OK, but too soggy and lacked enough heat.  This has not been my past experience with the place I ordered from.   :(   

There isn't much more of a bummer in the food world than mediocre American style "Chinese" food. My parents and sister seem to have no problem with these place so we end up ordering from them at holidays and family gatherings from time to time. On these occassions I usually go with fried rice, eat just enough to build a base, get hammered, then finish it on the way to bed.

Family pack. 5 meals (one generals, one sweet and sour chicken, a seafood, a pork, and a beef), a dozen egg rolls, egg drop soup, fried rice, white rice, and noodles. 

It's our NYE tradition since my wife was 8.5 months pregnant 16 years ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread