Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Dwayne Haskins, Washington

1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

That supplemental draft was from the USFL I believe. I mean, go ahead and include Young. The point still is pretty emphatic he stands an extremely small chance to move forward and an even smaller chance to do so in Washington.

https://youtu.be/gqdNe8u-Jsg

• Laughing 1

So what does this do for Gibson's, McClaurin's or Logan Thomas's value?

52 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

So what does this do for Gibson's, McClaurin's or Logan Thomas's value?

Huge plus for Gibson and a plus for mclaurin,

I guess I'm not sure about that. You would think but Allen got benched late last year in Carolina. Should improve Gibson's ppr numbers as he checks down but im not sure about McClaren. Logan Thomas saw a lot of snaps but not sure what this does for him. I guess the best that can be said is he couldn't be any worse

Offense can only improve. I've watched every snap, they have more 3 and outs than I want to remember, offense hasn't really looked "fluid" all year IMO. A change was definitely due. 

From Faust’s article....

Allen started 12 games for Carolina in 2019 and finished with the second-worst total QBR (38.3) among quarterbacks with at least eight starts. Allen threw 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions last season. The Panthers won his first four starts but went 1-7 the rest of the way, including a loss to Washington in Rivera’s final game with Carolina.

1 hour ago, Boone22 said:

From Faust’s article....

Allen started 12 games for Carolina in 2019 and finished with the second-worst total QBR (38.3) among quarterbacks with at least eight starts. Allen threw 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions last season. The Panthers won his first four starts but went 1-7 the rest of the way, including a loss to Washington in Rivera’s final game with Carolina.

That's what worries me

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boone22 said:

From Faust’s article....

Thats not good.

Haskins has a QBR of 27.6 after 4 games this year. So how Allen played last year was better than Haskins has played this year by that metric.

I may have exceeded my allowance of turd polishing for today now.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

13 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Offense can only improve. I've watched every snap, they have more 3 and outs than I want to remember, offense hasn't really looked "fluid" all year IMO. A change was definitely due. 

Challenge accepted. 

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, dcgangstas said:

Pretty clear that Ron Rivera and company are out of the Dwayne Haskins business.  

I was pretty surprised given what Cam got (and his connection to Rivera), that he didn't wind up in Washington on a 1-year prove it trial. Had a better shot of working out than Haskins in near and even long term.

Haskins has no business starting the NFL. While I'm sure he gets a chance to be on another roster, I don't think he's backup material either. Thought he was a mid-late round talent coming out. He doesn't process things quick enough. And when he had all day and all night to throw at OSU, no one had a chance to see that. 

Both are obviously in the dumpster and extreme longshots of having success on the field in the NFL, but I'd place my bets on Rosen before Haskins.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Washington QB Dwayne Haskins is likely to be traded before the October 29 NFL trade deadline. 

Haskins, who was demoted from starter to third-stringer this week, won't attend Sunday's home game against the Rams because he's reportedly sick with a non-COVID illness. The demotion came after consistent struggles through the season's first four games. There have been off-the-field issues too: Haskins' supposed bragging about throwing for 300 yards in a Week 4 loss to the Ravens irritated players and coaches. "The situation between the quarterback ... and Rivera's staff is already fairly toxic, and multiple sources within the organization believe a trade by the end of the month is the most likely outcome," La Canfora reported. It's difficult to imagine a scenario in which Washington gets much in trading away Haskins. Kyle Allen and Alex Smith should be rostered in all superflex formats. 

RELATED: 

Alex Smith

, Kyle Allen

SOURCE: CBS

Oct 11, 2020, 11:09 AM ET

• Like 1

Not surprising. I don't see a lot of interest league wide in him. 

Here's the thing: he doesn't have connections league wide. He's going to have to learn a new system. I mean, probably the most desirable thing with him (if you want to call it that) is his contract.

The situation isn't too dissimilar from Rosen....but Rosen was acquired offseason with that offseason to prep into offense. Obviously didn't work out but Cards got a 2nd (I'd be surprised if wash got that).

I thought Haskins was a mid/late QB prospect coming out. The guy is an FN mess. 

51 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Not surprising. I don't see a lot of interest league wide in him. 

Here's the thing: he doesn't have connections league wide. He's going to have to learn a new system. I mean, probably the most desirable thing with him (if you want to call it that) is his contract.

The situation isn't too dissimilar from Rosen....but Rosen was acquired offseason with that offseason to prep into offense. Obviously didn't work out but Cards got a 2nd (I'd be surprised if wash got that).

I thought Haskins was a mid/late QB prospect coming out. The guy is an FN mess. 

I think enough teams thought of him as a a high pick, that they'll have no problems dealing him. They might not get a 2 like the Cards did, because its midseason, but I'd be shocked if they couldn't get a 4 at the minimum, and likely a 3.

I think Haskins was always a project, but being thrown into 2 different systems, with almost no practice time(including not getting major reps for much of 2019) made it almost impossible he'd be good right now.

16 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I think enough teams thought of him as a a high pick, that they'll have no problems dealing him. They might not get a 2 like the Cards did, because its midseason, but I'd be shocked if they couldn't get a 4 at the minimum, and likely a 3.

I think Haskins was always a project, but being thrown into 2 different systems, with almost no practice time(including not getting major reps for much of 2019) made it almost impossible he'd be good right now.

Well they probably killed their value by leaking that he’s a poor leader, was bragging about throwing 300 yds against the Ravens and that Rivera pretty much hates him but stupid franchises are gonna stupid like that. Including just making it flat out known they want him gone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Maybe they're able to deal, perhaps not. 2 coaching staffs haven't liked him now (same w/ Rosen).

And there's enough REALLY bad NFL tape out there with him. That he struggled to pick up new offense....isn't going to help him land a midseason backup gig right away (if at all).

As I mentioned in last post, there's a BIG difference between trading for a young QB....with a full offseason to prepare. And trading for a young QB (new system) in season w/o preparation (and struggled terribly to just pick up a new offense this year)

I have thought Rosen would have gotten (some) compensation recently too. He didn't.....and he's on the Bucs practice squad The lack of connections REALLY hurts these young QBs looking for backup gigs heading into (or during) season.

Wouldn't be surprised if Haskins has to settle for a practice squad like Rosen. I would be interested in hearing a list of teams that'd trade for Haskins and making him their backup right away. I know I'm struggling to come up with much. Teams (including Wash) want backups with experience in system that they can plug in in a pinch.

I think you try plugging in Haskins and asking him to play in a pinch in a new system anytime soon, you're getting Colts Josh Freeman like results. The tape on Haskins in the NFL is not good.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

On 10/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, Iceman03 said:

Well they probably killed their value by leaking that he’s a poor leader, was bragging about throwing 300 yds against the Ravens and that Rivera pretty much hates him but stupid franchises are gonna stupid like that. Including just making it flat out known they want him gone.

ESPN's John Keim reports Washington has not received trade calls for Dwayne Haskins.

Haskins was not only benched in Week 4, but he wasn't even receiving practice reps leading up to Week 5. Instead, he was behind Kyle Allen and Alex Smith as a pure note-taker. There's no reason to expect a team to slide into Washington's DMs during the middle of the season because he's a long-term project, not a win-now starter. This offseason could be a different story. The current coaching staff didn't draft Haskins, who has reportedly not asked for a trade yet. We're sure Haskins would like to be out of Washington. For now, expect Allen and Smith to start games while Haskins hangs in the background.

Washington QB Dwayne Haskins (illness) is not practicing Thursday. 

Haskins has been sick with a non-COVID illness since late last week. He was demoted to the Football Team's third-string quarterback last week and was not at the team's Week 5 game against the Rams. Washington has yet to receive calls about trading Haskins before the league's October 29 trade deadline. Haskins is unlikely to play another snap for Washington this season. 

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter 

Oct 15, 2020, 11:58 AM ET

He's been sick with a severe case of chapped ###.

• Laughing 2

Dwayne Haskins (illness) returned to practice Friday.

Haskins had been away from the team since losing his starting job. He's healthy enough to resume practicing as the No. 3 quarterback behind Kyle Allen and Alex Smith. Haskins is one of the bigger names the could be moved ahead of Week 8's trade deadline.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 16, 2020, 9:43 AM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Washington QB Dwayne Haskins is expected to be inactive in Week 6 against the Giants.

Kyle Allen will get the start for a second straight week after missing some time in Week 5 with a shoulder injury. Alex Smith will back him up with Haskins inactive. Allen completed 9-of-13 attempts for 74 yards before leaving his game against the Rams. He struggled with interceptions and sacks in 12 starts with the Panthers last year. The only bright side is that he did propel D.J. Moore and Christian McCaffrey to career years. Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson are both worth starting in fantasy despite the questionable quarterback play.

RELATED: 

Kyle Allen

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 18, 2020, 8:32 AM ET

Washington QB Dwayne Haskins was fined by the team for violating COVID-19 policy. 

Apparently Haskins made a reservation for a family friend at the team hotel, a big no-no in the age of COVID. The Football Team fined Haskins  $4,833. They could have fined him as much as $14,650 for the violation. Haskins reportedly will be inactive once again in Week 7 as Washington dresses two QBs: Alex Smith and starter Kyle Allen. Haskins' chances of taking another snap with Washington are not great. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 23, 2020, 4:45 PM ET