What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dwayne Haskins - 04.09.2022 - struck by car and killed (3 Viewers)

I have read he was coming from the gym, heading to the airport, and coming from a girl's house after being out all night.  So nobody knows anything really.
If true he was out all night and I hate conspiracy theories, did he have a hangover that impaired his judgement?   But one would think if he went to the gym he wouldn't have been hungover.   For all I know he might not even drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
If true he was out all night and I hate conspiracy theories, did he have a hangover that impaired his judgement?   But one would think if he went to the gym he wouldn't have been hungover.   For all I know he might not even drink.
All I know is I've been drunk, stoned, coked up, on LSD and X and often a few of those together at once and my judgement was never to point I thought it would be good to run across a major freeway.  

As was said no one seems to know what happened and we may never but having a hard time with him being impaired as a reason even if toxicology reports show he had stuff in his system.

As far as what he was thinking, which of course I have no idea, I would just throw out that males in that age range often feel somewhat invincible. Quite often they over estimate what they are capable of. Possibly even more so with that level of an athlete. I know I did some things back then that would seem completely ridiculous today. Luckily, I managed to survive. 

Anyway, just something else to consider. 

Your definition of a conspiracy theory is as out there as conspiracy theories.  

Yeah, it's totally normal to not use a thing called a phone to get help and do what thousands do each day, wait for some help.  This wasn't Alaska, help is near.   And I doubt he was looking for a payphone.  Instead, run across a freeway in the dark and not see or hear a dump truck coming.  That's the most sensible conclusion, happens all the time, especially with 24 year old pro athletes.

It is what it is, right?

It's beyond sad to think what he might have been going through and I hope to god I'm wrong, I really do.  But it just doesn't add up to me, at all.  And that message he left doesn't exactly help your "conspiracy theory" hopes.  Yeah, the more I think about it, you're right, this must've been happenstance.
We just have a different perspective on this situation. I just see it as a tragedy that a 24 year old man lost his life. Period. I don’t need to guess about the whys and how’s.

You want to speculate that he committed suicide based on conjecture. So, go ahead, you do you.

All I know is I've been drunk, stoned, coked up, on LSD and X and often a few of those together at once and my judgement was never to point I thought it would be good to run across a major freeway.  
I'm 62 and have experimented with a lot of stuff when I was his age or younger.  But I can tell you that if you are in that state you cannot compare what you did with what he may have done.  Being impaired is different for everyone.  I'm not in no way saying he was impaired, hungover, drunk, high, or anything.  Hell, he may not be that kind of person, so please don't take it that way.  Again, I hate speculating that way and probably shouldn't have even suggested the hangover theory.  In retrospect it is embarrassing to do so.

As was said no one seems to know what happened and we may never but having a hard time with him being impaired as a reason even if toxicology reports show he had stuff in his system.
I've smoked a little bit of weed and did a tuck and roll out of a moving car.  Mental illness can cause a brain to do insane things.

I've smoked a little bit of weed and did a tuck and roll out of a moving car.  Mental illness can cause a brain to do insane things.
:lol: ok, ok, you convinced me that I should have thought these things have different results on people.

And you actually reminded that one time a mentally handicapped adult I worked with once accidentally ejected himself from my moving car while on the highway. One of those had to be their to see it things but to this day one of both  the scariest and funniest things I've ever seen(once I knew he was ok)

>>FHP officials said it could take up to 90 days for more information in the case to be released.<<

From a local TV station. That seems too long to complete an investigation.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/questions-remain-in-death-of-nfler-dwayne-haskins-on-south-florida-highway/2733789/
Well it's not a murder investigation, so it's not a "priority".  We don't know the amount of accidents in the area, their crime statistics, the resources they have to spend on the investigation, etc.  It's possible that if it weren't for Haskins being a "name" the investigation could take longer.  I would be interested in knowing the average amount of time it takes for these investigations.

:lol: ok, ok, you convinced me that I should have thought these things have different results on people.

And you actually reminded that one time a mentally handicapped adult I worked with once accidentally ejected himself from my moving car while on the highway. One of those had to be their to see it things but to this day one of both  the scariest and funniest things I've ever seen(once I knew he was ok)
The strangest thing was I was a /heavy/ smoker at the time and it hardly effected the person I was with.  I do very clearly recall afterwards walking around with a completely shattered collarbone just shaking it out like "yup that's broken, I'm a ####in moron".

Point is, Haskins could have been completely sober, had one beer, or could have been loaded, it doesn't change the unfortunate outcome.

Has it been confirmed that his car was actually out of gas?    This seems to be an easy way to figure out if it was legit or a suicide.   If wanting to commit suicide, waiting until his car was out of gas seems like an unnecessary measure.
On the news this morning they played a 911 call from Haskins wife. She said her husband had run out of gas, and he was talking to her as he was walking on the highway. He was supposed to call her back when he found some gas, and she was worried because she hadn't heard from him.  They also played a 911 call from a hysterical woman who said a man just got hit by a dumptruck.  Anyway, here is an article on his wife calling 911.

On the news this morning they played a 911 call from Haskins wife. She said her husband had run out of gas, and he was talking to her as he was walking on the highway. He was supposed to call her back when he found some gas, and she was worried because she hadn't heard from him.  They also played a 911 call from a hysterical woman who said a man just got hit by a dumptruck.  Anyway, here is an article on his wife calling 911.
Just all seems a little suspect.

Why would an NFL player...not a star, but still probably more wealthy than most, not just use his working cell phone to call for someone to come bring him gas?  Instead just wander around a busy highway?  Doesn't seem very logical to me.

ETA: But I do now see the post above about them discovering there was a woman passed out in his car.....that makes more sense now.  Don't want anybody bringing you gas and seeing you with a different woman.  Call your wife while you're away from the car so the other woman can't wake up and make noises to blow your cover.   In panic mode a bit because if he doesn't get gas from somewhere then he's gonna get caught as a cheater.  

One guy reported that story as far as I can tell and no one has corroborated it and your rational in your post is just in bad taste IMO.
Not meaning it in bad taste, just thinking about it logically.

Why not just call an uber to pick him up and go get some gas?  Instead he calls his wife and runs into a busy highway?   Just strange.

Not meaning it in bad taste, just thinking about it logically.

Why not just call an uber to pick him up and go get some gas?  Instead he calls his wife and runs into a busy highway?   Just strange.

Yes I agree it's strange and where he was trying to get to and how remains a mystery. 

I'm not trying to be moral police here and I understand people want to know what happened so a tendency to try and fill in the blanks exist. I  just think running with the story that's not been confirmed about a passed out women in his car,  one that paints him in a bad light, and creating an equally strange story to go along with it that also does not make sense to is not in great taste.

In terms of the logic behind your story I'd just say if he was so concerned about his wife hearing a passed out women in his car just don't call her or answer the phone if she had called him. That seems more logical then walking on a freeway.   I find it difficult to believe he was concerned an uber driver would out him if he had a women in the car that he'd think just crossing the highway on foot made more sense. I really had giving this "passed out women in his car" story any validity really until we got some kind of confirmation it's real.

I did not hear his wife say anything like she asked him "why would you not call for help, why are you walking to get gas". She seemed to think it was normal for him to walk to get gas. Why she did not seem to question it and why he tried to walk across that road are things I don't know and do agree seem strange I just don't want to sit here and speculate it's because he was hiding a women in his car.

Looking more and more like the young man made a poor decision. He didn’t think it through and reacted and it cost him. I can think of a 1/2 dozen or more times in my young life that I made very poor decisions that could have cost me big time but I was fortunate. 

I have a 23 and a 25 year old young men that I have been preaching at since they were 14 about making good and wise choices. You don’t always get other chances. 

This whole ordeal is odd. Wife calls 911 when he doesn't call back, parents not going to funeral because they never met wife.

Just a sad odd story all around

“Dwayne Haskins had a blood alcohol level of .24 when he was killed.”

https://thespun.com/.amp/nfl/report-dwayne-haskins-blood-alcohol-content-at-time-of-death-revealed

"Dwayne Haskins had a blood-alcohol level of .24 when he was killed. Haskins had been out drinking at a Miami nightclub, got into a fight, and left, investigators say. He was in the car with a woman and they ran out of gas. Cops say the tragedy appears to be an accident," he reports.

"Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norktamine, drugs that can be used as a medical anesthetic but can also be used a recreational drugs. "

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article261711677.html

I am Jack's total lack of surprise. 

I guess its a good thing just Haskins died. It could have easily been another Ruggs situation had he not run out of gas. Hopefully that poor truck driver isn't scarred for life.
My only sympathy is for the truck driver who has to live with it and for the members of his family who actually cared enough to be concerned for this fool. 

I know the stretch of highway fairly well in Broward and almost always this 595 or connecting roads and highways are under construction. I could never imagine trying to cross the actual Interstate but Haskins was drunk, we know that from the .20/.24 that was in the reports.

There is no conspiracy here, anyone dumb or naive enough to walk where he was walking when he could phone AAA and get some gas...how do you run out of gas honestly? From the time I get around 1/2 a tank i am looking to fill up or top off, almost never let it get down to 1 or 2 bars, you're asking for trouble.

The information that is going to be dug up during this lawsuit is probably going to make this kid look even worse. I feel bad for his family

This is so likely true, and so likely awful. I feel for him and his family. He was a kid. Just that. Barely out of adolescence. For him to come under scrutiny like this after his unfortunate death is a shame.

The part where his wife called 911 after he did not call back is odd. I mean, who does that? ... My spouse hasn't call me back; I'm calling 911.

The part where his wife called 911 after he did not call back is odd. I mean, who does that? ... My spouse hasn't call me back; I'm calling 911.
If you knew this stretch of road you would understand why someone would want to call 9-1-1 pretty fast
It's painful to post but it's true. The area is not crime ridden mind you, it's just not a safe place to be walking, in fact South Florida has one of the worst pedestrian/cyclist death rates of anywhere. They'll run you over here and the jail sentences are pretty light most of the time. They don't do a good job of public awareness or punishing bad drivers. 1 out of every 4 drivers in the State of Florida is uninsured/no lic, that's no joke.

Wasn't his wife once arrested for punching him in the face? And now calling 911 when he doesn't call back? Lots of things seem odd here. And she had never met his parents if I remember that right.

According to DovKleiman

Report: Details have been revealed about the death of former NFL QB Dwayne Haskins, via @AP

A lawsuit claims that Haskins was drugged, robbed, and extorted before being struck by a dump truck while standing on a highway in South Florida.

Haskins allegedly was drugged and robbed by a man and three women.

The allegations include a contention that the dump truck was speeding, driving carelessly, and above the weight limit.

According to DovKleiman

Report: Details have been revealed about the death of former NFL QB Dwayne Haskins, via @AP

A lawsuit claims that Haskins was drugged, robbed, and extorted before being struck by a dump truck while standing on a highway in South Florida.

The allegations include a contention that the dump truck was speeding, driving carelessly, and above the weight limit.
I mean there was really no need for the last parts on the dump truck. It was on a highway where you aren't expecting people to be.

I hope they have the suspects arrested or pending arrest on who drugged and robbed him.

I hope they have the suspects arrested or pending arrest on who drugged and robbed him.

It's a lawsuit. This is all alleged stuff. It sounds pretty far-fetched. It's most likely a family that obviously has either serious issues or is grieving in ways nobody can understand, trying to make sense of it all. It's ugly no matter what.

If it's true, it's mind-blowing.

Last edited:
According to DovKleiman

JFC that’s awful.

Users who are viewing this thread