What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dwayne Haskins - 04.09.2022 - struck by car and killed (1 Viewer)

DWAYNE HASKINS QB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Speaking Wednesday, Dwayne Haskins said that Steelers GM Kevin Colbert indicated he will have a chance to compete for the starting QB job.

Colbert is retiring prior to the draft, so Haskins will need assurances from Mike Tomlin and the Steelers' new general manager that he is actually in the starting mix. Still, the initial signs out of Pittsburgh point to them staying in-house with their 2022 quarterback starter. Haskins and Mason Rudolph could both lead to a disastrous 2022 for the Steelers. It's difficult to believe that the team won't add another quarterback this offseason.

SOURCE: Brian Batko on Twitter

Jan 19, 2022, 11:28 AM ET

Steelers extended an original-round tender to restricted free agent QB Dwayne Haskins.

Since Haskins was the No. 15 overall pick in 2019 by Washington, going with the original-round, low tender was an easy decision here. No team is giving a first-rounder to the Steelers to sign Haskins away. He's expected to compete for the Steelers' backup job this season, assuming Pittsburgh does something else to upgrade its quarterback room.

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter

Mar 11, 2022, 2:08 PM ET

Sad stuff.

@AdamSchefter

Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.

Link

@AdamSchefter

Dwayne Haskins was training in South Florida with other Steelers QBs, RBs and WRs. He was killed this morning in South Florida when he got hit by a vehicle. Tragic….

Last edited by a moderator:
Haskins along with the other Steeler QBs and the WRs were invited to Florida by Mitch Trubisky to work out together.   Just so sad.

Wow..Remember when Haskins came in against Michigan as a backup and tore it up in all way.  Thought he would be a good NFL QB.  RIP

Tragic.   Where in Florida?  Did it happen this morning?  Not much info given.
Tragic indeed and don't know other then South Florida a group of Steelers were at Trubisky's house. I assumed Miami area but just an assumption.

ETA they were training in Boca Raton yesterday.

Checked his IG page for details earlier and it's sad seeing the guy so full of life and having fun the day before some other Steelers playerse.

His last IG post is a screenshot saying "it is what it is" will keep you at peace.

Haskins along with the other Steeler QBs and the WRs were invited to Florida by Mitch Trubisky to work out together.   Just so sad.
Oh my god.  I am so sorry for his family and friends.  Have to feel for Mitch as well as his teammates who were in Florida with him.  Terrible.

I feel bad for the things I said about his play when he was with Washington  :( So tragic to be that young and your life just taken in a moment. 

I feel bad for the things I said about his play when he was with Washington  :( So tragic to be that young and your life just taken in a moment. 

Not being a good player at any level does not compare to getting killed.   So don`t feel bad.   

I wanted to see what Haskins could do at Pitt, regardless if he started or not he probably would have had a long career as a backup.

This is why many rip ESPN now, because stooges like him and Screaming A. Smith are the ones getting paid top dollar. 

Anyway, sad news for sure.  24 years old. Jeez. R.I.P. 
Agreed.

Sounds like from the Twitter fallout,  the original post was a very poorly-judged scumy dig from a UM grad to a tOSU grad. 

I found a talk radio show in Florida and someone said he was walking on the highway in the lane when the truck clipped him.

No verification of that.

This is hard to believe someone could be this callous.

Gil Brandt was asked on NFL radio today to say a few words about Dwayne Haskins. He said: • “He was living to be dead” • “It was always something with him” • “Maybe it he stayed in school he wouldn’t do silly things on a highway”

https://twitter.com/BarstoolOSU/status/1512839387440164871
Wow! Hard to believe that is where one goes when asked to “share a few words”. 

Do we even know for sure what happened? I read somewhere his car broke down on the highway. 

From the Washington Post:

"According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Haskins was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of I-595 in Broward County against oncoming traffic when he was struck by a dump truck. The crash was reported at 6:37 a.m. Saturday, and Haskins was pronounced dead on the scene. A traffic homicide investigation remains open, according to an FHP spokeswoman."

More: Prior to the collision, Haskins was walking westbound on 595 and attempting to cross lanes on the highway for “unknown reasons,”

Users who are viewing this thread