What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloodborne - PS4 (3 Viewers)

How the heck are you guys killing Father Gascoigne is few attempts blows me away.  he's HARD...I am getting better..slowly, but man he is tough
For the first two forms, he's basically just a skill check to see if you learned how to parry/riposte.  If you need practice, just farm those two big guys down the stairs from the very first lamp.  You can absolutely murder Gascoigne if you get the parry timing right.  If all else fails, abuse the environment by keeping a tree between you and him and chip his health down.

For the final form, forget parrying and forget exploiting the environment.  Dash through his attack, get behind him, and just wail on him, backing off to heal as necessary.  By this point in the game, I usually have just barely enough stamina to finish him off in one go.  

I struggled with this fight at first because he tends to stun-lock you if you let him.  Once I realized that this fight simply exists to reinforce the parry mechanic, it became a cakewalk.

For the first two forms, he's basically just a skill check to see if you learned how to parry/riposte.  If you need practice, just farm those two big guys down the stairs from the very first lamp.  You can absolutely murder Gascoigne if you get the parry timing right.  If all else fails, abuse the environment by keeping a tree between you and him and chip his health down.

For the final form, forget parrying and forget exploiting the environment.  Dash through his attack, get behind him, and just wail on him, backing off to heal as necessary.  By this point in the game, I usually have just barely enough stamina to finish him off in one go.  

I struggled with this fight at first because he tends to stun-lock you if you let him.  Once I realized that this fight simply exists to reinforce the parry mechanic, it became a cakewalk.
Save the music box till his last form right?

That's what I would do, yes.  Although honestly you don't really need the music box.  It's nice to have, but I didn't bother collecting it on some of my runs.
Concur. He gave me a lot of trouble first time through. After that, in subsequent playthroughs (not NG+), he became relatively easy.

Finally got past father.  Things are good.   I do think they make it way too hard to start.  I'm cruising now
I think all the soulsborne games are like that really.  The first little bit takes awhile and then you get the feel for it and start rolling. 

Got past central Yarnham.  In fact, good enough now to clear the entire area and not die once.  Which is kinda cool.  Especially if I need to stock up on blood vials.

Got to Old Yarnham.  Definitely got annihilated by both the Gatling gun NPC and the one in the courtyard on the first try.

But. Upgraded where I could...beat the Gatling guy NPC by shooting him off the tower..Then I took on the courtyard NPC and whooped his ### second try!  It was awesome!! So cool to finally be getting better at this game after so much work.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got past central Yarnham.  In fact, good enough now to clear the entire area and not die once.  Which is kinda cool.  Especially if I need to stock up on blood vials.

Got to Old Yarnham.  Definitely got annihilated by both the Gatling gun NPC and the one in the courtyard on the first try.

But. Upgraded where I could...beat the Gatling guy NPC by shooting him off the tower..Then I took on the courtyard NPC and whooped his ### second try!  It was awesome!! So cool to finally be getting better at this game after so much work.  
Nice job. Yeah, once you get past the first bit and hit the sweet spot, things will start moving for you. There will be bits that will stump you and bosses that may make you want to quit, but if you’ve got to where you are now, there’s no reason you can’t beat the game. 

Users who are viewing this thread