What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Michael Cohen Testifies Before Congress Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Elijah Cummings to Republicans:

"You've made it clear that you do not want the American people to hear what Mr. Cohen has to say. But the American people have a right to hear him. So we're going to proceed.

I think the better question is whether it would be admissible as evidence in any sort of trial.  Let's say that the OSC has recordings given to them from foreign intelligence services.  I guess it depends on who was calling whom and where those people were located.
You don’t think we have ears on Assange?

Elijah Cummings:

"The testimony that Michael Cohen will provide today, ladies and gentleman, is deeply disturbing and it should be troubling to all Americans ... Mr. Cohen's testimony raises grave questions about the legality of President Donald Trump's conduct."

Elijah Cummings:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the days of this Committee protecting the president at all costs are over. They're over.

Please change thread title to "Man charged with lying to Congress, testifies before Congress"
If you want to be accurate it "Man charged with lying to Congress on the behalf of the sitting President, testifies before Congress"....go for it, make the switch :thumbup:  

I cant' wait to see what this guy says.  But both sides are disgusting here.  Republicans are deathly afraid of what he will say.  Democrats will believe everything negative he says about Trump.  

Imagine the shoe was on the other foot and a convicted liar (to congress) was going to spread all sorts of juicy gossip about Obama.  Would you be as excited to see it?

I cant' wait to see what this guy says.  But both sides are disgusting here.  Republicans are deathly afraid of what he will say.  Democrats will believe everything negative he says about Trump.  

Imagine the shoe was on the other foot and a convicted liar (to congress) was going to spread all sorts of juicy gossip about Obama.  Would you be as excited to see it?
Sign me up :thumbup:  

How are the Democrats being disgusting again? By asking this guy questions?

As for the second part, just because it's making you squirm doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

drink!

Dude, quit your crying. This guy knows more personal 'dirt' than anyone on earth. He was Trump's right hand man for ten years. The man Trump turned to do take care of his problems. Pesky little things like adulteresses and the law. And he has nothing to gain from lying anymore. Plus, if he is caught lying now, he's just adding years to his sentence. Why are you so dead-set against knowing the truth?

Jim Jordan is completely unhinged. Spouting conspiracy theories that Cohen is somehow part of a Clinton deep-state plot is not a good look for an elected official.  History will not be kind to this guy.

I have zero sympathy for Michael Cohen who is a liar and scumbag. But I think a case can be made that this is a violation of his (and my) 8th amendment rights to have to sit through this crap. 

I’ll say this and hopefully try to center things. I know many find hearings like this noisy, confusing and partisan. Politics is actually hard, and sometimes it’s gross. But it’s also important. If you care about the nation and have the patience, then it’s useful to glean facts out of the noise. And keep in mind that the noise is thankfully the result of being an adversarial system. It’s a republic and before the politicians the people need to be vigilant. It just takes hard work in hard times. if the people want laziness, autocracy is always available but it’s what this country has opposed since Day 1. So let’s do this.

Dude, quit your crying. This guy knows more personal 'dirt' than anyone on earth. He was Trump's right hand man for ten years. The man Trump turned to do take care of his problems. Pesky little things like adulteresses and the law. And he has nothing to gain from lying anymore. Plus, if he is caught lying now, he's just adding years to his sentence. Why are you so dead-set against knowing the truth?
Dude..I'm sitting here in front of my PC and I can't wait to see what happens. 

Boff sidez!!!

Except it has only happened to one....

Jim Jordan is completely unhinged. Spouting conspiracy theories that Cohen is somehow part of a Clinton deep-state plot is not a good look for an elected official.  History will not be kind to this guy.
He's a parrot of his constituents.  He's saying all the things they are thinking.  History may not look down on him fondly, but I suspect it's more accurate to say history will render him completely irrelevant and most likely forget about him all together outside of his dealings in the sex abuse scandals at OSU.

Yes. 

Crazy thing though, THAT DIDNT HAPPEN

Users who are viewing this thread