What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Michael Cohen Testifies Before Congress Thread *** (1 Viewer)

:lol:

You didn't get a job in the White House.

Because I turned it down - and I have a witness.

Yeah, but you didn't get a job in the White House.

Jim Jordan is the absolute worst. Pure partisan garbage. No interest in this country. No interest in truth. A stain. All team over country.
What the Trump era has done is expose guys like him, Gates, Nunes, and McConnell (though he started his crap preTrump with Garland).  Party and self over country.

Just so we’re clear, you don’t mean his message is on point. You mean that’s all the Republicans have in this matter - deny the truth, obstruct, appeal to the ignorance of the base, make up an alternative narrative. 
Ha oh right, sorry. You're correct. I mean the GOP actually put Jordan in front for this, he's their lead rep here and he personifies their approach.

But all this is old news.  It's the political grandstanding around old Cohen claims and giving a proven liar a massive stage for hearsay that I'm mocking.  Not the crimes. The crimes are awful and I've never defended them.
you're defending them by saying they're old news and you keep using the word hearsay incorrectly.  it doesn't matter if its all old news, the President is a criminal and should be removed.  the fact that he's not and one political party and all of their followers don't care will never be normalized and shouldn't be

DWS: Is it possible the whole Trump family is conflicted or compromised with a foreign adversary in the months before the election?

Michael Cohen: Yes.

What are the percentages in court that a lawyer really wins attacking a convicted co-defendant/conspirator/witness/etc when trying to exonerate their client - isn't it really just outlining that it was a "den of thieves" 

There are some documents for some of his allegations.  There is also a lot of hearsay without documents.  

There is virtually no hearsay. There is direct eyewitness testimony about conversations Cohen was involved in. 
Shader, for god's sake will you read what Scooby, who knows a gazillion times more than you and me combined, has to say about your stupid "hearsay" remarks?

"If the Democrats were interested in the truth they would have an honest person here testifying!"

Like there's an honest person within a mile of Trump's inner circle.    :lmao:

So the entirety of the Republican strategy here is to just repeatedly call Cohen a liar? Despite the fact he can only get into deeper trouble by lying here?

And people buy this garbage. 

This speculation is absurd.  Let Mueller handle the investigation.  
Since I've been going at you a bit this morning I should say that I agree 100% with you here.  DWS's questions were poorly thought out and pointless.  You ask witnesses about things they know, not about things they don't. Cohen knows plenty about Trump's criminal behavior, silly to waste time with a fishing trip like that.

you're defending them by saying they're old news and you keep using the word hearsay incorrectly.  it doesn't matter if its all old news, the President is a criminal and should be removed.  the fact that he's not and one political party and all of their followers don't care will never be normalized and shouldn't be
If that's the case, I imagine he will get impeached.

This speculation is absurd.  Let Mueller handle the investigation.  
Republican dominated House committee says "We have no direct evidence linking the President to Russian interference" --> Shut Mueller down, let the House investigation handle it.

Democrat dominated committee says "Let's hear what Cohen has to say" --> Shut this down, let Mueller handle the investigation.

No he won't.  You need too many senators to vote him out and there's not enough who aren't afraid of Trump's base.
Doesn't it take a simple majority in the house to officially "impeach" him?  If so, the dems have the numbers.  So if he's a clear criminal as you say, I'm sure he will get impeached.  Of course the republicans won't ultimately allow it to stand as they control the Senate, but they can impeach him if they have this evidence of criminal wrongdoing.  

The Republican Congressmen dragging Cohen about his lies related to financial crimes here are doing so without any sense of irony or shame.  He was a principal RNC fundraiser as recently as 8 months ago, helping them get reelected in November. Amazing.
pin this too.

The Republican Congressmen dragging Cohen about his lies related to financial crimes here are doing so without any sense of irony or shame.  He was a principal RNC fundraiser as recently as 8 months ago, helping them get reelected in November. Amazing.
This can't be stated enough. 
And right on cue, round 3 with Comer.

:lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the Republicans cross examining Cohen and attacking Cohen's credibility instead of asking questions about his testimony? 

They have an opportunity to find out about events that Cohen alleges - aren't they even a little interested in what happened? 

If anyone is still saying "if he's a criminal" at this point in time, then it's past time to be expecting any part of reality getting through to them.
Well if you are right, he will get impeached by the Democrats.  I'm not in a position to make a definitive statement over whether Trump is a criminal.  

This is your weekly reminder (and he's been mentioned a few tomes already) that the guy who ran the Trump org's finances for decades, Allen Weisselberg, has been granted partial immunity and is cooperating. It's just easy to forget because he isn't going on television every night and participating in the reality TV show.

Shame on you Mr. Jordan, that's not what I said and you know that's not what I said.  I plead guilty. I take responsibility for mistakes and I am remorseful.  I'm going to prison for my mistakes.

If you think that burn is bad Mr. Jordan wait until you meet your maker.

Why are the Republicans cross examining Cohen and attacking Cohen's credibility instead of asking questions about his testimony? 

They have an opportunity to find out about events that Cohen alleges interested in what happened? 
We all know the answer to this.

Users who are viewing this thread