What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Michael Cohen Testifies Before Congress Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Why are the Republicans cross examining Cohen and attacking Cohen's credibility instead of asking questions about his testimony? 

They have an opportunity to find out about events that Cohen alleges interested in what happened? 
They absolutely do not want to talk about what happened. All they have at this point is to try to discredit Cohen.  It's literally all they have.

They absolutely do not want to talk about what happened. All they have at this point is to try to discredit Cohen.  It's literally all they have.
I don't understand.  

The Republican members of Congress are not on trial.  They are not defending themselves.  

They are tasked with finding out about the events cohen alleges.  This is an opportunity to do their job as elected representatives.

Are you suggesting that they are choosing not to do that job? Surely someone can defend their actions. 

Doesn't it take a simple majority in the house to officially "impeach" him?  If so, the dems have the numbers.  So if he's a clear criminal as you say, I'm sure he will get impeached.  Of course the republicans won't ultimately allow it to stand as they control the Senate, but they can impeach him if they have this evidence of criminal wrongdoing.  
Yes, they could bring articles of impeachment in the House, but it would largely be a political stunt. It would take a 2/3 majority in the Senate to convict and remove trump, and we all know how that would go, considering how many Senators seem to think their job consists of carrying  the President’s water and clearing his path. 

Why are the Republicans cross examining Cohen and attacking Cohen's credibility instead of asking questions about his testimony? 

They have an opportunity to find out about events that Cohen alleges - aren't they even a little interested in what happened? 
Same reason Trump doesn’t deny much of what then press says, just calls it fake and knows the base will agree no matter what the facts say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Cohen been coached to say I don't know or I can't answer that when the person questioning him gets cut off for their 5mins being up (knowing they can't ask him a different way or to clarify)?

This thread is amazing.  Cohen is going to jail for lying to congress but yet all of you are so sure he is telling the truth today!  So awesome.

Has Cohen been coached to say I don't know or I can't answer that when the person questioning him get's cut off for their 5mins being up (knowing they can't ask him a different way or to clarify)?
Certainly looks like it.

I saw something yesterday about someone - John Dean maybe - who said he was brought in to help coach Cohen on the process...

“I’ve talked to the president over 300 times and never heard him be racist” - Mr. Meadows

Meadows then said bringing an African American WH employee of as “evidence” of Trump not being racist.

I don't understand.  

The Republican members of Congress are not on trial.  They are not defending themselves.  

They are tasked with finding out about the events cohen alleges.  This is an opportunity to do their job as elected representatives.

Are you suggesting that they are choosing not to do that job? Surely someone can defend their actions. 
I'm 99% sure you're being facetious here, but Republican members of congress and the senate know they will get huge blowback from the Trump base if they don't follow the marching orders of the party. Despite the criminal activity and what a horrible human being Trump is, he still polls at around 90% with Republicans. They are all petrified to upset those 90% and lose reelection. And/or be talked about negatively on Fox News.  They know the truth here and have no desire to question Cohen on it. They're only game plan is to try to discredit him.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 6m6 minutes ago

Mark Meadows brings out HUD official Lynne Patton and says that she says, as a black woman, she'd never work for a racist. Cohen: "Neither should I, as the son of a Holocaust survivor." Cohen says to ask Patton how many black executives are at the Trump Org. "The answer is zero."

I'm 99% sure you're being facetious here, but Republican members of congress and the senate know they will get huge blowback from the Trump base if they don't follow the marching orders of the party. Despite the criminal activity and what a horrible human being Trump is, he still polls at around 90% with Republicans. They are all petrified to upset those 90% and lose reelection. And/or be talked about negatively on Fox News.  They know the truth here and have no desire to question Cohen on it. They're only game plan is to try to discredit him.
Which is why they have been accusing Cohen of various things and then talking over him when he tries to refute the accusation.  "See!  He didn't have an answer for lying about delivering his son!".

Hice : Mr. Cohen, you have stated you lied but you are not a liar.  If you lied, you are a liar.

It would have been awesome if Cohen would have replied "there's only one person that is perfect and has never lied, are you saying you have never lied in your life""

The Republican Congressmen dragging Cohen about his lies related to financial crimes here are doing so without any sense of irony or shame.  He was a principal RNC fundraiser as recently as 8 months ago, helping them get reelected in November. Amazing.
I want to go back to this - why aren't the Dems making this very point?  Are they not allowed?

There's the Republican talking point. They'll ignore the entire testimony and will say nothing but that Cummings and Schiff made him testify. 

This thread is amazing.  Cohen is going to jail for lying to congress but yet all of you are so sure he is telling the truth today!  So awesome.
Yeah it's amazing to think that someone who is going to jail for lying to Congress might be reluctant to continue lying to Congress.  It worked out for him so well last time.  

I think whomever strategized for the Republicans really missed the boat. We live in a sound bite world. No one is going to replay any of this bloviation.

All the sound bites are going to include something Cohen says. And they aren't allowing Cohen to speak. So none of their "points" are going to make the highlight reel. 

Just another day for you to be proud of your president. Right, Opie?
Everything Cohen is saying is exactly what the Democrats want to hear.  They don't care if it is in any way, connected to any "truth"...it is what they (and you), want to hear.

Trump has been proven to lie over 8000 times to you and the rest of the country and you still swear by every word out of his mouth.
Cohen has been CONVICTED of lying...and you still swear by every word out of his mouth....this time.

Users who are viewing this thread