What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (8 Viewers)

Ohio State WR Austin Mack accepted an invite to play in the Senior Bowl.

Mack (6'2/215) is a big receiver who'll box you out and take the fight to the skies at the catch point. He isn't afraid to take a shot to come down with the ball between the hashes, either. His value is capped as a possession receiver, however, because college corners didn't have much trouble staying in his hip pocket. Mack only posted a 79-1,050-6 line over four years at Ohio State. Some guys in this class topped that in 2019 alone. His testing numbers will clearly be vital to his evaluation.

SOURCE: Senior Bowl on Twitter

Jan 18, 2020, 3:20 PM ET

So if I had to out that list into tiers I'd go:

tier 1: PHI, NYJ, GB

tier 2: LV, IND, SF 

tier 3: DEN, KC

tier 4: BUF, BAL, HOU, SEA

I like GB as a destination for a rookie... I think that's a great opportunity for someone. SF I think is a sneaky good spot. IMO they need a wr1. They have Kittle as the top guy but Deebo is a wr2

I

FA: Cooper, AJG, Watkins, Sanders, Funchess, Cobb, Anderson
Yeah let's see I think I would go with this for tiers (in January). I'm making the assumption that the drafted player is not a bust and can compete or walk on as the WR1 on his team. I think Buffalo is such a spot even though they may not be projected for the kind of targets that say GB is going to get. I simply do not see the WR1 spot in GB as available there - doesn't mean the WR2 can't put up similar numbers. Rodgers has done that before, look at TB this year and many other combos over the years. KC can absolutely support a second WR and probably needs one. I don't think Hardman is that guy. They need another Watkins that won't be Watkins.

tier 1 - PHI, LV, KC, BAL, BUF, GB

tier 2 - NYJ, IND, SF

tier 3 - DEN, SEA, HOU

tier 4 (darkhorses) - WAS, DET, TEN (might even bump them), and on and on who doesn't need a WR?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the best move for the Colts is to sign Amari Cooper and draft the best defensive player available at #13, unless they have a shot at Tua.  He would definitely cost #13 and #34 and perhaps a 1st or 2nd in 2021.  Too expensive for a guy with his risk.  Ballard usually isn't a big player in free agency, but I'm sure even he knows how glaring their need at WR was in 2019.

I’m an OSU fan but Austin Mack is a strange invite... especially if they never pursued Tyler Johnson. Mack was disappointing under two really talented QB’s and disappeared from sight in major games. NFL scouts man, SMH.

Are there enough targets to go around to make Hill, Kelce, a rookie RB (presumably) and another WR fantasy relevant? Even if you take the rb out, you're talking about the third target in that offense being a weekly starter...  I don't see it. 
In the short term I would view KC as just above average. Would anticipate middling in terms of targets but efficiency that would push it up to above average.

But my reason for viewing KC as a top spot is Mahomes long term presence as the obvious major riding factor as their is no young QB I put on his tier with respect to value they can give to a WR and then you got to look at fact Kelce will be 31 next year.

So short term ok but for sure based on short term does not belong in tier 1. But I think no other team offers best opportunity for a WR if you start forecasting out 2-3 years+.  So for me factoring in short term and long term opportunity they are a clear tier  1. Green Bay is more short term due of course to Rodgers age.  PHI is a really great spot because they offer a mixture of both short and long term opportunity and if I had to pick the absolute best spot it would be them.

I was also thinking about Kelce getting older, but *if* they draft a WR that emerges as a regular playmaker for them, I think that is a top destination. Might turn into a whack a mole situation between all those playmakers but imagine they draft one of your top WRs. 

Navy QB Malcolm Perry rushed for a 52-yard touchdown in Saturday's East-West Shrine Game.

Perry (5'9/190) did not attempt a pass on the afternoon and took just one carry all told. But with that carry, he did well to remind evaluators not to sleep on his speed. While it's rare that option quarterbacks find lasting NFL homes, Perry's overt athletic upside is quite intriguing and we would be interested to see if he could find a role with a creative offensive outfit -- think Chiefs, Saints or Ravens. He'll need a strong evaluating process to land in the draft proper. Saturday's one-carry knockout was a nice way to get things started.

Jan 19, 2020, 3:27 PM ET

Illinois redshirt senior RB Reggie Corbin rushed for 34 yards on five carries in Saturday's East-West Shrine Game.

Corbin (5'10/200) didn't light it up in the postseason evaluating bowl, but he remains a sneaky sleeper to keep in mind for the later rounds of April's draft. The Illinois' standout oozes explosiveness and shiftiness. He should be a fun combine watch in a little over a month.

Jan 19, 2020, 3:16 PM ET

Henry Ruggs draft stock is getting a boost from todays action. 2 teams playing in' the SB have crazy speed on offense.

Per Bleacher Report's Matt Miller, South Carolina WR Bryan Edwards is no longer listed on the roster for the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Miller dropped the above note on Twitter. As of yet, there is no word as to why Edwards opted out of festivities down in Mobile. Sometimes players drop evaluation bowls because of injury -- and Edwards was ailing with a knee issue at the end of the season -- sometimes for training reasons -- we saw Minnesota's Tyler Johnson opt out of the Shrine Game last week in order to focus on the combine -- and sometimes it's something else altogether. We wouldn't be stunned if this was something of a Johnson-esque drop, as Edwards is going to face speed and athleticism questions in the spring. Should word surface regarding the exact reason for Edwards' absence, we'll pass along word.

SOURCE: Matt Miller on Twitter

Jan 20, 2020, 11:45 AM ET

ESPN's Todd McShay writes that Oregon QB Justin Herbert "has to look the part" during Senior Bowl festivities this week.

"Show off the big arm. Make some plays with that mobility. And find some rhythm and consistency throughout the week. Herbert has to make a statement," McShay writes of the 6-foot-6, 237-pound Herbert, who was being bandied about as a potential QB1 earlier in his Ducks career before largely falling out of the spotlight in favor of megawatt SEC stars Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa. Burow has opted out of attendance -- if ever anybody deserved a few weeks off, it would be Joe Burrow -- and Tua declared off his junior year (and is still recovering from hip surgery, anyway), leaving Herbert a plenty big stage on which to impress.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Jan 20, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

Yahoo Sports' Eric Edholm reports that Florida WR Tyrie Cleveland will be added to the Reese's Senior Bowl roster.

Cleveland (6'2/206) is presumably taking the place of South Carolina's Bryan Edwards, who is apparently not taking part in festivities down in Mobile. The Florida wideout will need to take advantage of every opportunity afforded to him during the evaluating season if he is to land in the draft proper, as his on-field production with the Gators was simply never really there. Cleveland's top overall statistical season in Gainesville came back in 2017, when he caught 22 passes for 310 yards and two touchdowns.

SOURCE: Eric Edholm on Twitter

Jan 20, 2020, 6:00 PM ET

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. believes that a strong week of Senior Bowl practices could be enough to secure a top-15 selection for South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw.

"With a massive 6-foot-6 frame and excellent athleticism, teams are going to love Kinlaw's potential," Kiper writes. Not only does he believe that a stellar week in Mobile could lock in a top-15 selection for the South Carolina standout, he believes that Kinlaw could potentially push Auburn's Derrick Brown for DT1 come April. All of this talk is lofty, lofty, lofty, but Kinlaw's blend of explosive upside is intoxicating.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Jan 20, 2020, 5:52 PM ET

PFF mock draft has Jauan Jennings as first-round pick

Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread

Nagy: Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings is "truly unique." Wired mentally with a real competitive edge. Will bring a tone-setter attitude and play tough in the middle of the field. Plus play special teams.

Trevor Sikkema @TampaBayTre

#SeniorBowl Exec. Director Jim Nagy said @Vol_Football WR Jauan Jennings is “truly, truly unique.” Said he taked to people at Tennessee who thought Jennings could play safety and wide receiver. Said he’s different from any player in this draft.

Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread

Nagy believes Brandon Aiyuk of Arizona State is a first round pick. ... Also really high on Alabama LB Terrell Lewis. Medical evals will be big for him but thinks he's a first-round talent as well. "Long, stringy body and Mike Tyson's hands."

SF I think is a sneaky good spot. IMO they need a wr1. They have Kittle as the top guy but Deebo is a wr2
Doubtful the draft a WR high given they don't have anymore picks until the 5th round. Not to mention they've dumped a 2nd a 2nd and a 3rd in the past 2 drafts on WRs. Pettis is an enigma as to why he disappeared from relevance, and they need to see what they have in Hurd.

Surprised at the lack of mention for Arizona as a top landing spot for an early round WR.  I think Kirk might be more in the realm of an overqualified WR2 for real football.  Fitzgerald is returning but if Kingsbury is going to run his offense as designed, getting snaps to someone better than Pharaoh Cooper and Damiere Byrd is important.  The main fly in the ointments is that team has so many other needs that it could be harder to justify taking a receiver in round 1 or 2.   

Dalton Miller @DaltonBMiller

ICYMI. 2500+ words containing almost literally everything I could find on Thaddeus Moss, plus his film eval. He’s not a big slot, y’all.

Dalton Miller@DaltonBMiller

· Jan 20

Thaddeus Moss is an enigmatic figure going into the 2020 NFL Draft. It seems unlikely that the son of a HoF wideout would have so little buzz. Why the unknown? And how good is he, really? I promise you haven't read anything about Moss like this yet.

>>>> LINK >>>   TIGHT END CLASS MOSSED WITH LATE THADDEUS DECLARATION  

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller passes along that Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts has been "struggling with placement" during the first day of Reese's Senior Bowl practices.

Don't read too much into early tidbits of this nature -- it's a strange setting, with a varied cast of players -- but it's still less than ideal. Hurts (6'2/218) is already known as a strong runner, but his passing bonafides are going to be going under the microscope over the coming months. We'll see if the OU star can settle in as things get going in earnest down in Mobile.

SOURCE: Matt Miller on Twitter

Jan 21, 2020, 3:14 PM ET

Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk did not pass his physical and will not participate in Reese's Senior Bowl activities this week.

Aiyuk (6'1/206) skipped ASU's bowl game in order to prepare for the NFL Draft evaluation process, so it's somewhat eyebrow raising that he's not physically able to perform during Senior Bowl practices. He was at least able to be officially measured at the event, as Aiyuk recorded measurements of 33 and one-eighth inches for his arm length along with 10 inch hands. Aiyuk is considered a Day 2 prospect at the moment with potential to reach into the first-round if he tests well during the evaluation process.

SOURCE: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Jan 21, 2020, 2:49 PM ET

Brandon Aiyuk generating buzz at Senior Bowl, despite status

Senior Bowl WR MPH 

Denzel Mims 20.26

Micheal Pittman 19.8

Devin Duvernay 21.1

Chase Claypool 20.17

Van Jefferson 21.1

Tyrion Cleveland 20 

Senior Bowl TE MPH

Stephen Sullivan 20 MPH 

Charlie Taumoepeau 18.2 MPH

Big stock up for 2 of my favorites at the senior bowl.  Denzel Mims and Antonio Gandy-Golden.  Super clean routes a lot of the practice according to reports and 2 standouts.  Love to hear it.  

Users who are viewing this thread