What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic leaders call for Omar to apologize for 'anti-Semitic tropes' (1 Viewer)

if the same thing is done by someone on the right the response is always :crickets: (as it has been here).
I'm not on the right.  People post tweets on here all the time.  The problem isn't posting tweets, it's the substance.  I'd hazard a guess that the tweets you post are annoying because they're uniformly partisan (and I might add, low info in general).  

jamny said:
Sure, when the comment is made based solely on ethnicity or the color of someone's skin. When it is made due to perceived anti-American comments, it isn't racist. Maybe racially insensitive but not racist.
You mean when a racist conman uses that spin a day later? Sorry he might fool you with his lying bull#### but not me

jamny said:
Sure, when the comment is made based solely on ethnicity or the color of someone's skin. When it is made due to perceived anti-American comments, it isn't racist. Maybe racially insensitive but not racist.
Sure.  It might not be racist, it might just be ignorant or misguided.  

We have a duty to criticize America if we see America falling short of the ideals that set us apart from the rest of the democratic world.

Sure.  It might not be racist, it might just be ignorant or misguided.  

We have a duty to criticize America if we see America falling short of the ideals that set us apart from the rest of the democratic world.
I won't argue with that. Trump deserves criticism for both his tweet and for not shutting down the chant that night.

I'm not on the right.  People post tweets on here all the time.  The problem isn't posting tweets, it's the substance.  I'd hazard a guess that the tweets you post are annoying because they're uniformly partisan (and I might add, low info in general).  
So you keep telling us, but given your posts in numerous threads, that claim is not too terribly convincing.

And I am still waiting for you to explain what a "slay kween" is as I never heard that term before. What did you mean here?

ren hoek said:
By the way, I never had a problem with you posting tweets on here.  I think Twitter's a useful platform for information.  It's kind of weak to post about Maddow's ratings, or whatever clapback one of your slay kweens did, but I never had a problem with it.  

Here’s Trump hating on America. Is it time for him to leave?

The president says if Democratic congresswomen criticize the US, they should go elsewhere. But mocking America is one of his own favorite pastimes

At a campaign rally in North Carolina on Wednesday, the president’s attacks against four progressive congresswomen of color culminated in his most overt attack yet. Referring to Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib as “hate-filled extremists”, he continued his tirade to the delight of his supporters.

“They’re always telling us how to run it, how to do this, how to do that. You know what? If they don’t love it, tell ’em to leave it,” Trump said to the crowd, who soon erupted into a chant of “send her back”.

Yet Trump himself has repeatedly denigrated and criticized America, perhaps more so than any other presidential candidate in recent memory. If he holds himself to his own standards, perhaps it’s time for him to leave and “go back home”?

Here are some examples of Trump’s attacks on the US.

Make America great again

A longtime critic of Obama, Trump has said he came upon his famed slogan the day his predecessor was elected to his second term. The Maga slogan implied that America was no longer great, something he also repeatedly and explicitly stated in much starker terms in the years before and during his run. Speaking to the Washington Post in 2017, he said:

I looked at the many types of illness our country had, and whether it’s at the border, whether it’s security, whether it’s law and order or lack of law and order.

Crippled America

Trump’s 2015 book, Crippled America, was rife with critical quotes, referring to the country as “this mess” and “Uncle Sucker”, among other things, and took great pains to point out just how weak we had become.

The idea of American Greatness, of our country as the leader of the free and unfree world, has vanished … I couldn’t stand to see what was happening to our great country. This mess calls for leadership in the worst way.

American carnage

On the day he took office in 2017, Trump painted a picture of America as a dystopian nightmare.

Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities; rusted-out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation; an education system flush with cash but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of knowledge; and the crime and gangs and drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential.

This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.

Laughing stock

The idea that criticizing the country is grounds for being dismissed from it would be news to the Donald Trump of the Obama years, when he described our collective humiliation many dozens of times.

Stretching back to 2011, he regularly tweeted about which countries and other political bodies were laughing at us and Obama, from Opec to “the mullahs”, Sudan, and, most frequently, China and Vladimir Putin.

Lots of killers

When asked during an interview with Bill O’Reilly in 2017 about his praise for Putin, Trump said America wasn’t much better. But was Putin was “a killer”, O’Reilly said. Trump replied:

There are a lot of killers. You think our country’s so innocent?

Infrastructure

Trump has not only often referred to the symbolic collapse of America, he’s also pointed out its literal state of disrepair. His speech to the 2016 Republican national convention was a laundry list of things that he found shameful about the country, including our infrastructure. He told the crowd:

Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are in third-world condition.

If only there was some way to consult the internet to discover the meaning of terms 
I guess, but if it's derivative of Yass Queen, which is derivative of something else, then I'm lost.

I'm sure it's somewhat accurate, though, as these things tend to be horoscopic in nature. 

So you keep telling us, but given your posts in numerous threads, that claim is not too terribly convincing.
If you ever have to wonder if ren on the left or right, the fact that he quotes from a site known as “Electronic Intifada” might just give it away. 

Ren is a radical leftist anarchist type of the Noam Chomsky anti Zionist  variety. He makes the folks at Democracy Now look like happy capitalists. And he doesn’t support Trump, he just laughs at the hypocrisy of crypto fascist imperialists like yours truly criticizing Trump. 

Horoscopic?

:mellow:
Yeah, it's not a word. Derivative of horoscope, not of the other word you may be thinking of. I didn't even think that until you straight-faced me and I tried to figure out why. 

Like horoscopes are conceived of and written broadly enough to where the more gullible -- or let's face it, willing and narcissistic -- readers are like, "That's me. That's exactly what I'm going through!"

If you ever have to wonder if ren on the left or right, the fact that he quotes from a site known as “Electronic Intifada” might just give it away. 

Ren is a radical leftist anarchist type of the Noam Chomsky anti Zionist  variety. He makes the folks at Democracy Now look like happy capitalists. And he doesn’t support Trump, he just laughs at the hypocrisy of crypto fascist imperialists like yours truly criticizing Trump. 
Huh. I just thought he was an anarchist period. I'm sure if ancap functioned smoothly, Ren would have little problem with it. But the first blow must be struck against the hugeness of the fascist state.

I must say that to a degree, I've agreed with Ren before and will again. There are things about the Israel/Palestine conflict that I take a much different tack on, and that's because Israel isn't coming for me to create a theocracy. The Palestinians have not only flirted, but had as their representatives and emissaries offshoots or direct lineage to those who believe in a caliphate and theocracy.

Omarosa was on MSNBC's Saturday Night Politics last night and said about Trump’s most recent rally where supporters chanted “send her back” about four Democratic congresswomen:

“At those rallies these things are choreographed. There are section leaders who help to start those chants, and so it was intentional." 

.https://twitter.com/SNPonMSNBC/status/1152733677903704069 (video clip at link)
I’ve suspected as much, you can see sometimes where the chant gets out ahead of his next line.

It's okay to dislike Ilhan Omar and also be glad that our country welcomes people like her.  
Why? 

Let’s look at it from the perspective of people who dislike Ilhan Omar.  Let’s not focus on whether their perception actually is correct, but instead pretend for this exercise that their feelings for Omar are justified by a correct perception of her because that affects whether they “should be glad our country welcomes people like her.”

The people who don’t like Ilhan Omar do so because, based on Omar’s own words, they question whether she has America’s best interests at heart.  Omar’s presumed dislike of and disloyalty to America is the basis of their dislike for her.  Why then should those people be glad that our county welcomes people who dislike the country and will be disloyal to it? 

If you like Omar then you should be glad that your country welcomes people like her.

But if you dislike Omar based on perceived disloyalty why should you be glad your country welcomes disloyal immigrants?  

Would the majority of citizens of any nation be glad that their government openly welcomes foreigners they believe dislike their homeland and will work against it?

If you dislike Omar based on perceived disloyalty it’s completely illogical to be glad for more people like that.  It contradicts the basis of dislike in the first place.

It’s kind of like saying “Even if you dislike Trump you should be glad you live among a citizenry that elected him.”  No, that’s basically the basis of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve suspected as much, you can see sometimes where the chant gets out ahead of his next line.
And Hell Toupee essentially admitted it was orchestrated when he calls the chants at the rally part of "pomp and circumstance"

Meh it’s all part of the pomp & circumstance
Besides finding his Roy Cohn, Trump also needs to find his Leni Riefenstahl, a filmographer who can capture his rallies into some sort of propaganda video or commercial.  

No...

Never would...

Any more questions?
Sure. Suppose the “send her back” chant wasn’t choreographed, but a natural spur of the moment cry without any plan to it: do you regard  this as better for those who chanted it (in terms of how they should be regarded) or worse? 

Omarosa was on MSNBC's Saturday Night Politics last night
I saw only a little of this but it was a pretty interesting panel. Manigault, Michael Caputo, Mooch, the woman who was Trump's former CEO at Trump Org (name escape me...), and a former NYC councilman who was a long time Trump confidante.

Sure. Suppose the “send her back” chant wasn’t choreographed, but a natural spur of the moment cry without any plan to it: do you regard  this as better for those who chanted it (in terms of how they should be regarded) or worse? 
I don't like it at all.

Either way.

Omarosa is still a trainwreck of a source, by the way.

This has come up a fair bit in the SDNY and Mueller investigations - who do you think comes out of such organizations, normal, reliable, honest people? No, this is the sort of person Trump surrounds himself with.

Having said that IIRC she sued to get out of her NDA, almost everyone else from that administration or campaign that app[ears on TV is bound by it. Those are the people you can't trust.

I don't like it at all.

Either way.

Omarosa is still a trainwreck of a source, by the way.
That's part of Trump's entire philosophy of life, though.

Hire trainwrecks so that it's easier to discredit them after they criticize you.

Why? 

Let’s look at it from the perspective of people who dislike Ilhan Omar.  Let’s not focus on whether their perception actually is correct, but instead pretend for this exercise that their feelings for Omar are justified by a correct perception of her because that affects whether they “should be glad our country welcomes people like her.”

The people who don’t like Ilhan Omar do so because, based on Omar’s own words, they question whether she has America’s best interests at heart.  Omar’s presumed dislike of and disloyalty to America is the basis of their dislike for her.  Why then should those people be glad that our county welcomes people who dislike the country and will be disloyal to it? 

If you like Omar then you should be glad that your country welcomes people like her.

But if you dislike Omar based on perceived disloyalty why should you be glad your country welcomes disloyal immigrants?  

Would the majority of citizens of any nation be glad that their government openly welcomes foreigners they believe dislike their homeland and will work against it?

If you dislike Omar based on perceived disloyalty it’s completely illogical to be glad for more people like that.  It contradicts the basis of dislike in the first place.

It’s kind of like saying “Even if you dislike Trump you should be glad you live among a citizenry that elected him.”  No, that’s basically the basis of the problem.
Id argue most now don’t like her...are doing so because they believe in the propaganda of what they have been told about her by very dishonest sources.

You know, I really don’t object to most of this.  The thing is, the progressive left is in the limelight right now; the right/libertarian circles like Ron Paul, Daniel McAdams, Justin Raimondo (RIP), Scott Horton, The American Conservative folks have fallen out of favor.  

Trump co-opted this segment of the population in much the same way Obama co-opted Democrats who opposed war when Bush was in office.  The libertarians don’t have a compelling figure in US politics right now, while leftists have Bernie.  I think that’s why it’s a lot more subdued than it used to be.  

Most of them are critical of Russia hysteria and Mueller worship, and rightly discard it for the security state trash that it is.  Most of them are critical of the US/Israel relationship.  Most of them are critical of the War Party.  There’s a lot of common ground there.  So I look Chomsky-adjacent, which I guess I am, but I don’t agree with collectivist economics at all.  I’m just an independent anarchist who thinks markets work.  

Anti-Defamation League CEO:

"Trump's language was absolutely and unquestionably racist ... To imply that four women of color are unqualified to represent their constituents because they supposedly come from somewhere else ... is literally racism defined."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-message-liberal-congresswomen-go-back-home-isn-t-ncna1030191
The "Women of color" tag is offensive. My wife is Hispanic and despises that term, I am half-Hispanic. To lump all of us into one group loses our real identity as we all have totally different backgrounds and come from totally different parts of the globe.

The "Women of color" tag is offensive. My wife is Hispanic and despises that term, I am half-Hispanic. To lump all of us into one group loses our real identity as we all have totally different backgrounds and come from totally different parts of the globe.
Would you prefer non-white?

Persons of color or in this case women of color is the preferred term when talking about discrimination against women who are non-white but who are not all the same race or ethnic group.

Nobody was lumping Hispanics in with people of color. A significant fraction of Hispanics are as white as snow. The four women Trump was talking about are non-white, which is what makes them people of color.

Nobody was lumping Hispanics in with people of color. A significant fraction of Hispanics are as white as snow. The four women Trump was talking about are non-white, which is what makes them people of color.
I understand but Trump would bash any congressperson he has an issue with the same way. Not just the "color" of the person.  I heard a person on the radio today saying the "colored women" of congress  so that term must be making a comeback as well.

Why? 

Id argue most now don’t like her...are doing so because they believe in the propaganda of what they have been told about her by very dishonest sources.
Exactly. She's vocal in her disgust with Trump, his Presidency, and what's he's done to our country. To the average Trump fan, that apparently means she "hates America." If that's the bar we're setting, then I guess I proudly "hate America" too.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” 
― Theodore Roosevelt

This entire issue (the Squad, Trump’s comments about them, etc.) has less than 48 hours more to run. After that Mueller takes over. We may return to this, or not, but in terms of the media and public attention it’s got a shelf life and the clock is ticking. 

Users who are viewing this thread