Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BassNBrew

2019 FBG WSL 1 Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Imapct of bruce Arians?

Many are down grading OJ because of him but I'm assuming the coach actually wants to use his top players. 

We'll see but if others are down on Howard, he'll be on a lot of my teams.

29 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Many are down grading OJ because of him but I'm assuming the coach actually wants to use his top players. 

We'll see but if others are down on Howard, he'll be on a lot of my teams.

You can say that again....

46 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Philip lindsay is an intersting player this season....good value...somehow i think he regresses plua new regime and qb....

I was giving him a sniff as it was getting closer to my pick.....his quicks and attitude are enticing...plus it would have given Bass another chance to rip on me about Denver RB's....

Lev Bell, Joe Mixon and Julian Edelman is a promising start - we'll see what type of value is left for me in the fourth.

@Shadowfax i noticed you were linked to my MFL account.  I believe I have that resolved and sent you a new invite so you can now link.

A little comparison with this league a year earlier, understanding that the folks here are not the same as last year and have different tendencies:

1. QB - by the end of round 3 a year ago, 3 had been drafted. This year only one, so two less - I guess we all agree with @Stinkin Ref that Mahomes is a tier all alone
  2. RB - the same number two years in a row (21)
  3. WR - 19 were taken a year ago and this year one less through three rounds
  4. TE - Boom, only 5 were taken in 2018 and already 8 for this year - the only positional increase across the first three rounds

1 hour ago, Stephen Holloway said:

A little comparison with this league a year earlier, understanding that the folks here are not the same as last year and have different tendencies:

1. QB - by the end of round 3 a year ago, 3 had been drafted. This year only one, so two less - I guess we all agree with @Stinkin Ref that Mahomes is a tier all alone
  2. RB - the same number two years in a row (21)
  3. WR - 19 were taken a year ago and this year one less through three rounds
  4. TE - Boom, only 5 were taken in 2018 and already 8 for this year - the only positional increase across the first three rounds

Or we all disagree with Ref and think that burning a pick early on QB isn't worth it. :boxing:

• Thinking 1

To Gronk or not is no longer the question...

4.0250.Aaron RudnickiGronkowski, Rob NEP TEThu Feb 14 3:41:18 p.m. ET 2019

• Like 1

Mack, Marlon IND RB (Q) 178.1	3.13
Golladay, Kenny DET WR (Q)207.1	4.04
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR 328.0	2.05
Kittle, George SFO TE 344.7	1.12

I hate leaving the 4th round with my only RB being a guy who could be sitting behind Le'Veon a month from now ... but so help me God I couldn't pass up Kenny G and his league-winning upside.

12 hours ago, Sweet Love said:

Lev Bell, Joe Mixon and Julian Edelman is a promising start - we'll see what type of value is left for me in the fourth.

Baldwin...I like it.  Old and proven.

Just a reminder that I am hitting the road early tomorrow and will be doing all the driving. There should be several of y'all have my cell from IBL and if you could give me a heads up when it is my turn at the turn, I will do my best not to hold everything up terribly long.

Enjoying the pace thus far. Keep up the good work.

18 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Just a reminder that I am hitting the road early tomorrow and will be doing all the driving. There should be several of y'all have my cell from IBL and if you could give me a heads up when it is my turn at the turn, I will do my best not to hold everything up terribly long.

Enjoying the pace thus far. Keep up the good work.

Shoot me your cell if you like.

Really thought either Kupp or Cohen would drop one more pick. 

But I'll take one of the first real gamble picks for a guy who, if all goes well, could very foreseeably be a top ten back.  Guice has all the talent to be a stud, and is reportedly looking good so far this off season, although ACLs still scare me a bit. And I don't particularly like the Redskins. Still, the talent was too good to pass on here.

CURRENT ROSTER

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE

25 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

But I'll take one of the first real gamble picks for a guy who, if all goes well, could very foreseeably be a top ten back.  Guice has all the talent to be a stud, and is reportedly looking good so far this off season, although ACLs still scare me a bit. And I don't particularly like the Redskins. Still, the talent was too good to pass on here.

CURRENT ROSTER

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE

Made my decision easy as Kupp, Cohen, and Guice were my others at the top of my draft list.

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

CURRENT ROSTER

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE

Love your team so far. FWIW, Guice was my pick at 4.04 if Kenny G hadn't been on the board. I even thought about him over Mack but couldn't quite pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Lockett is who you want in seattle my friend

@drunken slob

Please explain.  I think his TD totals were inflated this year and Seattle is a run first team.  Seattle was dead last in passing attempts.  I would have gone Jeffrey or Fitz over him.  Open to an education though.

8 hour clock off midnite to 6am EST.  Clock stays on during weekends.  Miss your pick and your clock is cut in half (after the first round) and your pick will be skipped.  Commish can replace a skipped pick so post the replacement in the discussion thread.  Miss your pick in the first round you will be dropped to the 16th spot but retain your spot in rounds 3-20.

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Please explain.  I think his TD totals were inflated this year and Seattle is a run first team.  Seattle was dead last in passing attempts.  I would have gone Jeffrey or Fitz over him.  Open to an education though.

60 catches...950 yards and 10 tds...pretty good stat line for lockett....russ seemed to trust him more....baldwin hitting 30...had poor knees and is about 11mill....possible cut? I debate him vs alshon....alshon f'd me last year so i passed

31 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Lockett is who you want in seattle my friend

@drunken slob

Don't know that I really want either guy. Although Baldwin helped in the playoff league

13 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Don't know that I really want either guy. Although Baldwin helped in the playoff league

Lockett is a perfect best ball player.....imo...maybe i could of gotten him later...

1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Lockett is a perfect best ball player.....imo...maybe i could of gotten him later...

Honestly, I kind of agree. After Fitz went, lockett may easily have been my next pick.

We all know each other well and not much value is slipping. Gladly take James White, but preferred Cohen and Guice. Also like most of the WRs taken ahead of me. Thought I needed a tight end as after the next few, there is not much differentiation at all.

RB - Barkley and James White

WR - Cooks and Diggs

TE - Hooper

nice foundation so far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Agree with this.  Lockett was my predraft here - sniped again (though Jeffrey was an OK next option).

Todd gurley

Kerryon Johnson

Keenan allen

Tyler lockett

Trey burton

Burton as te12 feels like a decent deal...he was te8 last year in the fornat...maybe mitch improves

@BassNBrew

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer

2 hours ago, OldMilwaukee said:

Four WR in first five rounds?  :shrug:

A. Brown

A. Thielen

C. Sutton

K. Coutee

:coffee: 

It's bold but just might work

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Made my decision easy as Kupp, Cohen, and Guice were my others at the top of my draft list.

You returned the favor. 

Was thinking about punting on QB, but I'll gladly take the guy I hate to love. (Deshaun Watson) 

1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

You returned the favor. 

Was thinking about punting on QB, but I'll gladly take the guy I hate to love. (Deshaun Watson) 

I have Watson higher on my list, I just think Rodgers is a safer pick.  I was willing to concede 2 ppg to secure a guy who runs a little less.  Schedule slightly favored Watson and you have Chicago x2 and possible winter games for Rodgers.  That said, Rodgers does draw the AFC West and the NFC East so he'll be in plenty of shootouts.  My QB2 will hopefully handle the Bear weeks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I have Watson higher on my list, I just think Rodgers is a safer pick.  I was willing to concede 2 ppg to secure a guy who runs a little less.  Schedule slightly favored Watson and you have Chicago x2 and possible winter games for Rodgers.  That said, Rodgers does draw the AFC West and the NFC East so he'll be in plenty of shootouts.  My QB2 will hopefully handle the Bear weeks.

True. While you're probably relatively comfortable waiting on QB2 for a long time, I don't quite have that luxury. 

Still, Watson is a beast

55 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

True. While you're probably relatively comfortable waiting on QB2 for a long time, I don't quite have that luxury. 

Still, Watson is a beast

If you take out A-Rod's week 17 - where he only played a couple of drives - the variance (SD) in their weekly point totals over the past 2 years has been virtually identical (in fact A-Rod's is  ever-so-slightly higher).

It seems like Watson's the streakier QB, and he probably is in reality, but every rush yard counting 2.5x as much as a pass yard goes a long way towards raising his floor in fantasy.

3 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Taking a break! In Verizon Arena, North Little Rock, Arkansas to see James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt!

Outstanding concert! Now we return to our regularly scheduled draft

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Sweet Love with an absolute steal. 

Boyd or Ryan? 

Ryan is a fine starter, but on par with 3 guys still available imo

On 2/14/2019 at 4:39 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Evan engram was a steal

@FF Wiseguy

Thanks, I've usually waited on both QB and TE and been burned, so wanted to go a littler earlier than normal.  Glad Engram stuck around.  Hopefully I didn't give back any value I gained with my Damien Williams pick.

Feel okay about my start.  Definitely a scary RB corps with Conner and Williams.  If I could do it over, probably go DJ over Conner and Golladay over Williams.

Edited by FF Wiseguy

48 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Boyd or Ryan? 

Ryan is a fine starter, but on par with 3 guys still available imo

Ryan. Thought he was pretty average last, look at the points he accumulated 

Me twenty picks ago - lots of wr I like, let’s take a qb

me now - there goes another we I like and tons of good qbs left 

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Ryan. Thought he was pretty average last, look at the points he accumulated 

Like him with new oc koetter....ryan and sarks never seemed to mess

4 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Like him with new oc koetter....ryan and sarks never seemed to mess

I really like him. He had a huge fantasy year last year and my eyes were telling me he looked average 

59 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I really like him. He had a huge fantasy year last year and my eyes were telling me he looked average 

This is one of those times I trust my eyes, but you're right that he scored very well.  I don't think he repeats but he's good value.