What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 WSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

STINKIN REF 12 HOLE

6.05 Aaron Rodgers GBP QB8 (10)
17.12 Andy Dalton CIN QB33 (25)

May need A-A Ron to carry the mail, although Dalton has been drawing enough interest for me to think the Red Rifle will be pulling the trigger as a starter next year for somebody at some point. Maybe from day one.  He was a late target as I just couldn’t waste a pick on some other guy when everybody was snagging their QB2. I will say I contemplated Minshaw several times in the early teens. And thought about going Rodgers/Hill as it seems Taysom will make an appearance in every game somehow and maybe could have posted a few points on Rodgers bye. But the Dalton mojo won out. 

1.12 Aaron Jones GBP RB7 (2)    
2.05 Austin Ekeler LAC RB12 (4)
11.12 Alexander Mattison MIN RB48 (61)
12.05 Jamaal Williams GBP RB50 (35)
19.12 DeAndre Washington LVR RB70 (41)

I punted RB for a long time but feel good about getting both Mattison and Williams where I did. They have some stand alone value week to week, let alone if there is an injury ahead of them.  I think kind of the perfect type of RB3/4 in this format.  Some weeks they will give you a usable score just because of their usage even when the guy ahead of them is healthy. Mattison showed the Vikes he has the goods if needed and Williams as RB35 was already just on the outside of RB2 territory as it is.  I know Jones (who I also have) dominated touches down the stretch, but Williams should be used throughout the regular season to save some wear and tear.  So solid handcuff with RB2 upside there IMO.  So Washington is a free agent but flashed down the stretch in relief of Jacobs.  He can handle a workload as kind of a bowling ball so I expect him to either resign or catch on somewhere. I debated between him and Richard quite a bit, as LVR resigned Richard but haven’t Washington yet. Jones/Ekeler should be solid and I should get a decent score out of top 4 each week. 

3.12 Courtland Sutton DEN WR17 (19)    
5.12 Julian Edelman NEP WR29 (7)
7.12 Marquise Brown BAL WR41 (46)    
8.05 Marvin Jones DET WR44 (28)
10.05 Hunter Renfrow LVR WR57 (54)
14.05 Chris Conley JAC WR74 (43)
18.05 Danny Amendola DET WR87 (48)

After passing on WR in first two rounds I am ok with this group. Edelman felt like a bargain, as did Jones with Stafford back.  Sutton should be a stud with Lock chucking it. Edelman finds his way into the top end somehow every year, steal at WR29 if Brady is back. Brown can post a score on limited touches, let alone an increase in usage. Marvin a forgotten man I guess, WR28 last year with that mess. . Renfrow and Amendola give me a pretty good PPR floor each week.  Conley should be 1B to Chark.  I expect Renfrow to be heavily used and outperform WR57.  Amendola just signed a new deal.  Was a little surprised Danny lasted to the 18th, especially after news of his new contract.  I honestly almost took him with every pick from 14.05 on, I almost pulled the trigger several times but just couldn’t pass again in the 18th.  He is nothing to write home about but his floor in this format is pretty nice to have, 62 catches on 96 targets. I guess he may have gone undrafted here if I didn’t take him but he did finish as the last WR3 (48) in this format last year.  Really debated on taking an upside guy like Bourne instead (kinda surprised he didn’t get picked). QB landings could make or break this group.  Not sexy in the least, but collectively I think it will work. 

4.05 Tyler Higbee  LAR TE8  (7)    
9.12 Greg Olsen SEA TE20 (13)
20.05 Darren Fells HOU TE41 (19)

Obviously expecting a lot out of HIgbee.  Olsen could be a steal at TE20, but I understand why others aren’t sure.  Wilson loves the TE so I think there is potential here for a throwback type of year once we get rolling.  With the 20.05 pick it came down to Fells/Bourne/Richard/QB3.  I felt good about Mattison/Williams/Washington posting a score if needed at RB, and I thought 7 WR’s were enough.  I decided to have some faith that Dalton will play, so I added a third TE which is probably never a bad idea in this format.  I take Fells’s (7) TD’s and TE19 finish as a little bit of a security blanket at this position.  Watson looks for him even though he doesn’t gain many yards. I remember him giving KC all they could handle during the regular season and the playoff game. Big red zone guy and a great play as TE3 with 2 PPR and 20 roster spots. 

13.12 Jason Myers SEA PK17 (13) 
16.05 Stephen Gostkowski NEP PK27 (35) 

Meyers should be solid in a steady offense.  Gost was a roll of the dice I am hoping might pay off at PK27.  Yes he was hurt, yes he has a big contract and might get released, yes he is older.  But something tells me he comes back healthy, is still in NE  (maybe on a restructure), and age doesn’t really matter at PK. If nothing else, in today’s PK landscape…..I think he finds a job. 

15.12 Kansas City Chiefs DST10 (9)

Decided early to roll solo, wasn’t going to play all the games.  Took KC who looks to be improving under Spags and with the speed they have in the return game, you never know when you get that return TD. I’ll eat the donut when I have too. 

Overall: nothing splashy or sexy.  Felt good about getting Rodgers where I did, as well as Mattison, J. Williams, Edelman, Marvin, Renfrow, Amendola, and Olsen.  Felt like I was passing on all the high end stuff and in bargain shopping mode.  Played it safe with no rookies as I haven’t put any time into them.  I may not win any immunities and may not have the firepower to bring it home down the stretch, but I should be able to not finish last for a few weeks. Based on what happened here, I will probably be taking a completely different approach in these leagues moving forward.  I felt like I totally misread the temperature of the room throughout the draft.  :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
2.04 - Lamar Jackson, QB2 BAL
11.13 - Dwayne Haskins, QB30 WAS

1.13 - Joe Mixon, RB8 CIN
8.04 - Ronald Jones, RB34 TB
10.04 - Latavius Murray, RB42 NO
12.04 - Justin Jackson, RB49 LAC
19.13 - Brian Hill, RB71 ATL

3.13 - Stefon Diggs, WR18 MIN
4.04 - Calvin Ridley, WR21 ATL
5.13 - Terry McLaurin, WR30 WAS
9.13 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR54 SF
13.13 - Parris Campbell, WR72 IND
15.13 - Auden Tate, WR82 CIN
20.04 - Dante Pettis, WR100 SF

6.04 - Noah Fant, TE13 DEN
7.13 - T.J. Hockenson, TE16 DET
16.04 - Gerald Everett, TE31 LAR

14.04 - Michael Badgley, PK21 LAC
17.13 - Giants, DST27 NYG
18.04 - Lions, DST29 DET

More detailed thoughts later, but Cliff's notes overview:

QB - Never gone with one this early in a survivor - this was a spur of the moment experiment in what-if roster-building rather than an ingoing strategy. Good news: L-Jax is one of the two names (maybe the only one) who's an odds-on favorite to outperform a best-ball combo of top-20 guys by himself. Bad news: if he goes down or even misses more than the odd game, my season is shot, although that's no greater risk than anyone who waited until Round 8+ to get a backup.

RB - One stud at the top with lots of risk/reward plays below him. I'm super-high on Mixon's 2020 potential with Burrow, assuming it breaks that way. If Melly leaves in FA and the Birds cut Freeman, I could conceivably enter Week 1 with four RBs getting the majority of their team's carries. Downside is obvious as apart from Mixon and Murray none of these guys have roles etched in stone. Average to below-average as things stand today, but could be a top-3 point producer by fall.

WR - Diggs and Ridley were a better combo than I expected for waiting until almost WR20 to start drafting them. Julio is a first-ballot HOF'er but it's not impossible this is the year where Ridley becomes the 1A to his 1B. McLaurin has superstar upside as soon as this season IMO, although his floor in that dysfunctional clown show of a franchise isn't worth discussing. Campbell and Tate are pure best-ball plays that may well score as starters in this format as many weeks as a typical WR3 while Sanders should help fill the gap in their floor weeks. Altogether this group might not be everybody's cup of tea but I'm very happy with them and think they should outperform most other teams in this format.

TE - As I said at the time, if even one of my two sophs take a leap to the next level, I'm pretty well set. If they both do, I'll lap the field at the position.  No guarantees on either end with their offenses and development needs though. I decided to take my chances at DST and grab Everett a round early knowing that with the 20-man rosters a lot of folks like to invest in a TE3. No idea whether that was necessary or not, and it clearly cost me defensively, so I'm not sure I'd do that again.

ST - One kicker who despite his draft position should be a top-half option with little risk of job loss. Two defenses that aspire to mediocrity. At least their schedules are fairly easy.

As I recall, many of my prior WSL flameouts have fallen into the bucket of "too much best-ball, not enough survivor", and this roster is Exhibit Q. Other than Mixon, Ridley, Sanders, (and Lamar if you consider his legs, I guess) there's nobody with floor here. I'll probably earn more weekly highs than weekly lows with this squad, but the problem is no matter how many you get of the former, it only takes one of the latter. Don't love my chances here.

Overall: nothing splashy or sexy.  Felt good about getting Rodgers where I did, as well as Mattison, J. Williams, Edelman, Marvin, Renfrow, Amendola, and Olsen.  Felt like I was passing on all the high end stuff and in bargain shopping mode.  Played it safe with no rookies as I haven’t put any time into them.  I may not win any immunities and may not have the firepower to bring it home down the stretch, but I should be able to not finish last for a few weeks. Based on what happened here, I will probably be taking a completely different approach in these leagues moving forward.  I felt like I totally misread the temperature of the room throughout the draft.  :banned:

I think this is an OK safe, fairly stable team.  Actually decent to survive for a while unless bye week hell hits, but not the upside to win it.  Need Rodgers to stop the fade and Ekeler to maintain his role from last year (or at least not fade out).  LAR finally figured out how to use Higbee so I agree here.

As I recall, many of my prior WSL flameouts have fallen into the bucket of "too much best-ball, not enough survivor", and this roster is Exhibit Q. Other than Mixon, Ridley, Sanders, (and Lamar if you consider his legs, I guess) there's nobody with floor here. I'll probably earn more weekly highs than weekly lows with this squad, but the problem is no matter how many you get of the former, it only takes one of the latter. Don't love my chances here.
I like this team a lot, but agree there's a lot of risk here (less so than some like mine IMO). Weak spot is RB2 unless Jones "keeps" the job.  WR is stable but not a fan of the later picks.  Love the Fant/Hock TE combo.  I think you'll hang longer than you think, but not enough stability to survive once the weaker teams are out.

qb - jamies winston , kirk cousins

rb - alvin kamara. leomard fournette, tevin coleman, nyhiem hines, darrel hendeeson

wr - tyler boyd, ty hilton, Darius slayton, james washington. jjaws, miles boykin, mohamed sanu

te - mark andrews, trey burton

k dan bailey, dustin hopkins

def - Chicago Dallas 
This is a team that is could make a deep run.  Like the mix of upside and stability factors.  Assuming Jamies gets/keeps a starting spot, and Kamara/Fournette stay healthy, this team will be dangerous.  Biggest issue I have is I don't personally like most of the late picks, but you did a great job grabbing value across the board.

This is a team that is could make a deep run.  Like the mix of upside and stability factors.  Assuming Jamies gets/keeps a starting spot, and Kamara/Fournette stay healthy, this team will be dangerous.  Biggest issue I have is I don't personally like most of the late picks, but you did a great job grabbing value across the board.
Yeah, at first read this is a team I don't particularly like. But that's probably a good thing. 

You're right - Winston and LF are the keys here (I'm not overly concerned about AK). While I don't particularly like the WR group, overall this is a very strong team. But if Winston isn't starting early in the year it could get booted quick. 

That is a very interesting point IMO. I know I get caught in the best ball thought process, even if I do tend to try to take "safe" players early. 

Yeah, at first read this is a team I don't particularly like. But that's probably a good thing. 

You're right - Winston and LF are the keys here (I'm not overly concerned about AK). While I don't particularly like the WR group, overall this is a very strong team. But if Winston isn't starting early in the year it could get booted quick. 
winston is going back to tampa....all this qb change isnt happening besides rivers to indy....brady back to pats....

-OZ- said:
That is a very interesting point IMO. I know I get caught in the best ball thought process, even if I do tend to try to take "safe" players early. 
Agreed, though I will generally use it as a tie breaker (early rounds for higher floor, middle for higher ceiling); last spot or two for the RBs and WRs tends to be whichever side I haven't favored with the earlier picks.

-OZ- said:
Keep telling yourself that. 

I think the shuffle is overblown, but there is a real risk of Winston not starting next year. 
could be.....he has talent....i dont think there are 31 better qbs....i mean someone is gonna trot out mitch trubisky....chargers gonna play tyrod? i think arians would love brady but he isnt going there

could be.....he has talent....i dont think there are 31 better qbs....i mean someone is gonna trot out mitch trubisky....chargers gonna play tyrod? i think arians would love brady but he isnt going there
We'll see. 

I'd bet on Bridgewater and Dalton starting before Winston. 

But we didn't expect tannehill to start either so who knows

Holloway #1 Slot

4.16 R. Wilson SEA QB4 (4)
9.1 T. Brady FA QB27 (15)

The QB position is one I sometimes wait on, but thought Wilson is secure and rarely injured so a relative bargain. Ten QBs were taken after Wilson before my next pick so you occasionally reach when you are on the corners. Brady has definitely lost arm strength, but I think he will Definitely find a home and play all season and a major value at QB27. Thought some about Tua late, but liked other options more. 

1.1 C McCaffrey CAR RB1 (1)   
6.16 James White NEP RB32 (19)
10.16 C. Hyde FA RB46 (28)
18.16 L. Miller FA RB68 (IR)

I punted RB until I saw value after starting with CMac. James White is a perfect RB for ppr Best-Ball, frequently involved in the passing game and occasionally scoring TDSs even without many rushes. Bargain shopped late with a couple of Houston free agents that could latch on back at Houston or elsewhere.

2.16 K. Allen LAC WR11 (6) 
5.1 T. Lockett SEA WR24 (13)
7.1 G. Tate NYG WR37 (44) 
8.16 C. Lamb ROOK WR48
14.16 B. Aiyuk ROOK WR79
15.1 C. Claypool WR80
20.16 A. Humphries WR105 (80)

It seems reading everyone’s summaries, we all like our WR choices. I am no different, but went seven deep to counter selecting three rookies. It is possible that Claypool could play TE. Anxious for comments, particularly The WRs.

3.1 Z. Ertz PHI TE3 (4)    
11.1 Irv Smith TE24

19.1 Hollister

Like Ertz even though he should see less targets with improved receivers on the Eagles and Goedert growing into a bigger role. Similarly Smith should be more involved in Minnesota. Hollister has been successful when given opportunities so hoping he will get a shot somewhere. 

12.16 Lambo JAX (9)
13.1 Boswell PIT (10)

16.16 Jags DST (17)
17.1 Packers DST (18)

waited latish for all special teams and went PK ahead of DST. Looked for PK with high FG% and reasonable salaries. Random picks in DST from what was left.

2.04 - Lamar Jackson, QB2 BAL
11.13 - Dwayne Haskins, QB30 WAS

1.13 - Joe Mixon, RB8 CIN
8.04 - Ronald Jones, RB34 TB
10.04 - Latavius Murray, RB42 NO
12.04 - Justin Jackson, RB49 LAC
19.13 - Brian Hill, RB71 ATL

3.13 - Stefon Diggs, WR18 MIN
4.04 - Calvin Ridley, WR21 ATL
5.13 - Terry McLaurin, WR30 WAS
9.13 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR54 SF
13.13 - Parris Campbell, WR72 IND
15.13 - Auden Tate, WR82 CIN
20.04 - Dante Pettis, WR100 SF

6.04 - Noah Fant, TE13 DEN
7.13 - T.J. Hockenson, TE16 DET
16.04 - Gerald Everett, TE31 LAR

14.04 - Michael Badgley, PK21 LAC
17.13 - Giants, DST27 NYG
18.04 - Lions, DST29 DET

More detailed thoughts later, but Cliff's notes overview:

QB - Never gone with one this early in a survivor - this was a spur of the moment experiment in what-if roster-building rather than an ingoing strategy. Good news: L-Jax is one of the two names (maybe the only one) who's an odds-on favorite to outperform a best-ball combo of top-20 guys by himself. Bad news: if he goes down or even misses more than the odd game, my season is shot, although that's no greater risk than anyone who waited until Round 8+ to get a backup.

RB - One stud at the top with lots of risk/reward plays below him. I'm super-high on Mixon's 2020 potential with Burrow, assuming it breaks that way. If Melly leaves in FA and the Birds cut Freeman, I could conceivably enter Week 1 with four RBs getting the majority of their team's carries. Downside is obvious as apart from Mixon and Murray none of these guys have roles etched in stone. Average to below-average as things stand today, but could be a top-3 point producer by fall.

WR - Diggs and Ridley were a better combo than I expected for waiting until almost WR20 to start drafting them. Julio is a first-ballot HOF'er but it's not impossible this is the year where Ridley becomes the 1A to his 1B. McLaurin has superstar upside as soon as this season IMO, although his floor in that dysfunctional clown show of a franchise isn't worth discussing. Campbell and Tate are pure best-ball plays that may well score as starters in this format as many weeks as a typical WR3 while Sanders should help fill the gap in their floor weeks. Altogether this group might not be everybody's cup of tea but I'm very happy with them and think they should outperform most other teams in this format.

TE - As I said at the time, if even one of my two sophs take a leap to the next level, I'm pretty well set. If they both do, I'll lap the field at the position.  No guarantees on either end with their offenses and development needs though. I decided to take my chances at DST and grab Everett a round early knowing that with the 20-man rosters a lot of folks like to invest in a TE3. No idea whether that was necessary or not, and it clearly cost me defensively, so I'm not sure I'd do that again.

ST - One kicker who despite his draft position should be a top-half option with little risk of job loss. Two defenses that aspire to mediocrity. At least their schedules are fairly easy.

Like this team except for RB, QB2, and I’m not a big Badgley fan if going solo. Not sure Haskins keeps the job and IMO I just don’t think he is that good. With Jackson you shouldn’t need him.  But with as much as jackson is pt out there to get hit, a little stronger QB2, seems like good insurance in case he takes a hit and misses a game or so. Things may need to fall right to get a good RB2 score each week and if Mixon has a down week or misses time, this position may lose some to the field. WR and TE should be solid.  As the league adjusts to Jackson I don’t see a ton of immunities here, but a team that hangs around for awhile if Mixon is what you think he will be. Good luck. :banned:

Holloway #1 Slot

4.16 R. Wilson SEA QB4 (4)
9.1 T. Brady FA QB27 (15)

The QB position is one I sometimes wait on, but thought Wilson is secure and rarely injured so a relative bargain. Ten QBs were taken after Wilson before my next pick so you occasionally reach when you are on the corners. Brady has definitely lost arm strength, but I think he will Definitely find a home and play all season and a major value at QB27. Thought some about Tua late, but liked other options more. 

1.1 C McCaffrey CAR RB1 (1)   
6.16 James White NEP RB32 (19)
10.16 C. Hyde FA RB46 (28)
18.16 L. Miller FA RB68 (IR)

I punted RB until I saw value after starting with CMac. James White is a perfect RB for ppr Best-Ball, frequently involved in the passing game and occasionally scoring TDSs even without many rushes. Bargain shopped late with a couple of Houston free agents that could latch on back at Houston or elsewhere.

2.16 K. Allen LAC WR11 (6) 
5.1 T. Lockett SEA WR24 (13)
7.1 G. Tate NYG WR37 (44) 
8.16 C. Lamb ROOK WR48
14.16 B. Aiyuk ROOK WR79
15.1 C. Claypool WR80
20.16 A. Humphries WR105 (80)

It seems reading everyone’s summaries, we all like our WR choices. I am no different, but went seven deep to counter selecting three rookies. It is possible that Claypool could play TE. Anxious for comments, particularly The WRs.

3.1 Z. Ertz PHI TE3 (4)    
11.1 Irv Smith TE24

19.1 Hollister

Like Ertz even though he should see less targets with improved receivers on the Eagles and Goedert growing into a bigger role. Similarly Smith should be more involved in Minnesota. Hollister has been successful when given opportunities so hoping he will get a shot somewhere. 

12.16 Lambo JAX (9)
13.1 Boswell PIT (10)

16.16 Jags DST (17)
17.1 Packers DST (18)

waited latish for all special teams and went PK ahead of DST. Looked for PK with high FG% and reasonable salaries. Random picks in DST from what was left.
Love the QB combo, Brady was a steal. Hyde and Miller were passes for me heading into this year.  Neither is real special at this point and HOU will bring in competition.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see both of them struggle to post anything meaningful week to week.  CMac can carry the mail tho and cover some warts, but in this format might lose the full advantage of him because of it. Not sure why I am a Tate hater, but after your top two lots of uncertainty at WR and how will Allen adjust to a new QB or Taylor. Ertz arrow seems to be pointing down with Goedert around but he should still be a top 10 guy right? So TE may be a little shaky on many weeks unless Irv does take a bigger role. I like Hollister game and he could be a steal if he goes somewhere else but if he stays in SEA he may get lost in the shuffle. CMC bye week might be tough and SEA. Hitting on some ham and egg production from WR3-7 will be key.  Good luck. :banned:

I like this team a lot.  Looks like really counting on Andrews each week, wold hate to see that be a cause for elim.  Really like the pop at WR, like the Boykin pick late and JJWS could be a sneaky pick if he takes the next step with the opportunity he should have.  :banned:

Thanks for the draft gentlemen!    :thanks:

Lets fire up another!   :football:

Murray, Kyler QB ARZ, 

Minshew, Gardner QB JAX    

Jacobs, Josh LVR RB

Singletary, Devin BUF RB

Johnson, Duke HOU RB

Penny, Rashaad SEA RB

Samuels, Jaylen PIT RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Kirk, Christian ARI WR

Shepard, Sterling NYG WR

Williams, Tyrell LVR WR

Samuel, Curtis CAR WR

Johnson, Tyler FA WR

Hooper, Austin ATL TE

Okwuegbunam, Albert FA TE

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Hauschka, Steven BUF PK

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

Bills, Buffalo BUF Def

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def
Murray should should keep you in the mix most weeks and if Minshaw keeps the job he is a solid QB2. Love your top 2 backs and Duke is a solid backup.  Not sure if Penny will be back so that may be a wasted pick.  There is a reason Bass wanted to dump him quickly. Does PIT bring in somebody behind Connor, or is it Samuels job, or Snell, who knows. WR could be a struggle after Adams, but I am not a Shepard guy. Or a Kirk guy.  Williams injury a little concerning. Really like the Samuel pick, kind of wish I would have found room for him. Thoughts on Hooper are all over the place right now, not knowing where he goes.  But yo git the best rook and I was sniffing Eifert as well and like that pick. Good luck.  :banned:

Screw 3 defenses, I'll go 3 kicker and hope they have jobs. 

With one round, one useless player to go...

QB: Mayfield and Wentz

- should be among the best QBBCs, I think Baker bounces back next year. 

RB: Cook, CEH, Mack, Pollard
I slightly regret not taking Mattison. I might take a 5th, I might not. Two guys I think I can count on if they're healthy, two guys who could do something but need to get lucky. 

WR: AJ Brown, Cooper, Gallup, Mims, Ross, Mike Williams
- the strength of the team, assuming mims is slightly useful. 

TE: OJ, Hurst, McDonald
- Howard and McDonald should bounce back from down years. Hurst might get traded or is an Andrews injury away from being very useful. Not a strength but only need one score each week here.

PK: Carlson, Gano, Z leg
- Gano was possibly a wasted pick but he should get healthy and he's pro bowl caliber when he's healthy. Carlson is, well my brother (not really, but could be a cousin)

😧 J E T S
- got stuck with only one, Maggot took the last one (which I kinda didn't want but would have taken). I think they're underrated but I wouldn't have chosen to fly solo with these guys in green. 

If I make it far it's because I got lucky with RB and TE. I do think the 3 kicker plan makes sense, heck I might grab a 4th.  
Think Tua was your last pick. Solid at QB, should be no worries there and some big scores. Think you got some value on Mack IIRC, so he and Cook pretty solid.  No idea about the rookie and Pollard may not give you much when you may need it. Not sure who is pulling the trigger in TEN or LAC so that could come into play.  Will have to see how the Dak and Cooper thing shakes out.  If Cooper leaves his landing spot could change things.  He is not my favorite for some reason, but Gallup seems to be ascending. WR cold be a strength, but there are some questions that FA should settle. Don’t remember how much you invested at TE, but feels like it could have been a little more stability wise. I think on paper your week to week starting lineup would look pretty solid, but FA may have something to say about it.  Good luck.  :banned:

lots of variables on the squad but i really like it

Allen, Josh BUF QB
Newton, Cam CAR QB

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB
Dobbins, J.K. FA RB
Freeman, Royce DEN RB
Guice, Derrius WAS RB
Vaughn, Ke'Shawn FA RB

Brown, Antonio FA* WR
Gage, Russell ATL WR
Golladay, Kenny DET WR
Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR
Moore, D.J. CAR WR
Pittman Jr., Michael FA WR
Reagor, Jalen FA WR

Henry, Hunter LAC TE
Knox, Dawson BUF TE

Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK
Sanders, Jason MIA PK

Broncos, Denver DEN Def
Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def
I expect Cam to bounce back so QB should be solid. Lots of questions after Barkley, a Guice sighting wold be huge. DJ and Golladay are a good start.  I need to research Gage more....is he gonna be the man opposite JJ for sure?  Jeffrey should be interesting....is that a good pick or a wasted one. Same with AB. Like your TE combo. If one thing hits at your backup RB and you made the right picks at WR after Golladay/DJ, you could hang around pretty deep. Good luck.  :banned:

I like this team a lot.  Looks like really counting on Andrews each week, wold hate to see that be a cause for elim.  Really like the pop at WR, like the Boykin pick late and JJWS could be a sneaky pick if he takes the next step with the opportunity he should have.  :banned:
yeah I got caught without a TE2, Chicago did pay Burton just a season ago pretty nice money, but he was injury prone. 

Andrews at TE5 last year, should be just fine....

Thanks for the thoughts.

6.03 , Team Norseman:

QB: 7:14 Tannehill, 8.03 Rivers 

Could be a great combo, or could be my undoing. I need Tannehill to stay in Tennessee as the starter. From week 7 to 17 he was the 4th leading QB scorer. Just need the Brady to the Titans rumor to just be a rumor. Rivers needs to be signed to start somewhere (Indy?)

RB: 1.14 Chubb, 3.14 Carson, 10.03 Cohen, 16.03 Peterson

All 4 of my RBs finished in the top 32 in points last year. I feel I got good or great value on all of them in this draft. This should be a strength of my team. 

WR: 2.03 T Hill, 4.03 Thielen, 5.14 Chark, 11.14 Stills, 13.14 S Laviska (R), 18.03 D Robinson, 20.03K Harmon

If Hill and Thielen stay healthy they will both be good value. Chark emerged in his second year, and could get better in his third if the Jags can find  consistency at the QB spot. Stills should score for me at least 3-4 times, more if injuries in front of him on the depth chart continue (I’m looking at you Fuller). The rookie needs to recover from surgery, but is one of the most talented WRs in the draft. It was a coin flip for me between him and Justin Jefferson, probably should have gone with JJ.   Robinson is Hill insurance and could step up if Watkins moves on.  A 20th round flier on Harmon, he could be the #2 on Washington. Hopefully going seven deep will be enough to keep me around late. 

TE: 6.03 J Cook, 9.14 J Smith, 19.14 J Graham

Was hoping Waller would fall to me in the fourth, but of course not. Let the position go until the 6th when I knew I need to take a TE. Hope Cook’s second season with Brees improves like his second season in Oakland. Tennessee should move on from Delanie Walker and Jonnu Smith could take another step up.  Felt that I needed a third TE and Graham felt like good value in the 19th round. I hope to get a decent TE score weekly with this group. 

K & Def: 12.03 Butker, 14.03 Siebert, 15.14 Minnesota, 17.14 Detroit 

I felt that getting 2 starting kickers was more valuable then defenses. Butker has consistently finished near the top of the kicker list and maybe Cleveland’s offense improves this season. Good pairing. Vikings usually finish top ten in defenses and Lions makes two, which is more than some teams got. 

I should last a while if my QBs do decently. 

Team Norseman:

I should last a while if my QBs do decently. 
Good QB combo if they start; could be a zero.  Not sure Carson starts the year, and think ADP may not get a chair, so RB could be tough to start.  Like the upside at WR.  TE is OK; should get good scores from K and DEF.  Need the WRs to carry until Carson is full health and the QBs to start; if that happens, this is probably top 5-8; don't see enough upside to avoid late elimination.

Sorry about the lack of commentary, but serving as primary caretaker for my wife who had rotator cuff surgery, completely off the bone. In addition my mom who lives about 300 miles away has been in the hospital, then rehab and now in Assisted Living. Just too busy to provide follow-up.

TE: OJ, Hurst, McDonald
- Howard and McDonald should bounce back from down years. Hurst might get traded or is an Andrews injury away from being very useful. Not a strength but only need one score each week here.
Not as big as nuk for the Murray owner, but Hurst to Atlanta makes this possibly a fair trio. 

QB - Ryan, Bridgewater: Ryan is huge every even year.  Bridgewater should get a chance somewhere.  Happy with the results since I only spent a 5th and 11th.

RB - Drake, Ingram, David Johnson, Burkhead, Dare Ogun: Concerned here.  Placing a lot of faith in Drake which he doesn't deserve and 2.06 seems like an overpay.  I expect Ingram to drop-off, but apparently everyone thought the same with him slipping to 4.11.  He finished RB11 last year and only cost RB25.  DJ was Drake insurance at worst.  Best case would be a trade to start in Tampa and a return to prominence.  If Bulkhead doesn't get cut, he'll outperform the 17th round price.  I debated hard about Ogun.  Rather than swinging for upside, I decided to try to avoid eating a donut or two during the year.

WR - Beckham, John Brown, Hardman, D. Johnson, N;Keal, T. Smith: Very happy with how things fell fell in this draft at WR.  Beckham should return to stud status.  Brown finished WR20 last year, I got him at WR36.  Huge bargain.  Hardman's TD will support this pick and started a trend.  Rather than chasing rookies, I focused on year 2 WRs that showed promise last year.  I like Johnson with Ben coming back.  N'Keal would get a shot in NE.  For a WR6, Smith is serviceable.

TE - Kelce, Brate: Not much to say about Kelce.  With him on board, TE2 needs to have upside.  Maybe Brate gets traded.

D - Rams, Titans, Browns: I felt pretty good about my roster, so rather than adding speculative picks, I add Ds that I think can post some points.  This strategy worked great for my one year when I was getting 12-20 pts a week from 3 Ds.  It's also been a horrible fail for me.

K - Gay, McManus: Two that should have jobs.

Overall, I should be above average at WR, TE, D, and K.  Average at QB.  RB could end up anywhere on the scale.

Enjoy drafting with you guys.  Will comment on others when I have the chance.
Not as concerned now.  I don't expect DJ to be this cheap again.  

STINKIN REF 12 HOLE

1.12 Aaron Jones GBP RB7 (2)    
2.05 Austin Ekeler LAC RB12 (4)
11.12 Alexander Mattison MIN RB48 (61)
12.05 Jamaal Williams GBP RB50 (35)
19.12 DeAndre Washington KCC RB70 (41)

So Washington is a free agent but flashed down the stretch in relief of Jacobs.  He can handle a workload as kind of a bowling ball so I expect him to either resign or catch on somewhere. I debated between him and Richard quite a bit, as LVR resigned Richard but haven’t Washington yet.  

:banned:

well.....not sure that could have worked out any better..... :headbang:

We'll see. 1 year deal. The only league I have him I picked him up to backup Jacobs. Instead now he's like 4th string in KC.

Pretty similar to my team IMO, with more stable QBs, a bit weaker at WR, and slightly better TEs across the board.  Doubling up Cooper/Gallup could be an issue if Amari stays in Dallas.  Needs the TE somewhere to hit but should be enough to make it to mid season otherwise.
Yeah that might hurt

RB: Cook, CEH, Mack, Pollard
I slightly regret not taking Mattison. I might take a 5th, I might not. Two guys I think I can count on if they're healthy, two guys who could do something but need to get lucky. 
:D  this might work out.

Going to be an very interesting week 1.  Top score is only 151.  @-OZ- is the "low man in the clubhouse" with 134.9.  He should be safe with 8 owners behind him.  The low man is @Duckboy just north of 100 but he has 3 bullets left.  Everyone between him and Oz should improve their scores. :popcorn: popcorn

Going to be an very interesting week 1.  Top score is only 151.  @-OZ- is the "low man in the clubhouse" with 134.9.  He should be safe with 8 owners behind him.  The low man is @Duckboy just north of 100 but he has 3 bullets left.  Everyone between him and Oz should improve their scores. :popcorn: popcorn
If, on the off chance, I get booted in week 1 after drafting CEH in the 10th, I'm hanging up my FF jersey and fully retiring. 

Low-scoring MNF tilts mean @bro1ncos never had a chance and he bows out with 95.7.

178.5 is good enough for yours truly to earn my first immunity (in any survivor) this year.

Users who are viewing this thread