What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG WSL 1 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Pumped to snag Tate. Almost took him over Rodgers a couple of dozens picks ago. Read he isn’t concerned about money, just about winning a title. Tells me he’ll be on a team with a good QB.  NE or Pitt or NO would work 

Went QB, QB and like the Rivers Mayfield duo. Had several WRs I considered and would have liked here and one RB. Like @BassNBrew you frequently regret leaving some on the table that will not return. However, should be set at QB and could be in the top five or so if the brother-in-law plan comes to fruition.

Went QB, QB and like the Rivers Mayfield duo. Had several WRs I considered and would have liked here and one RB. Like @BassNBrew you frequently regret leaving some on the table that will not return. However, should be set at QB and could be in the top five or so if the brother-in-law plan comes to fruition.
Yep, assuming they don't share a bye week and having no idea how the schedules mesh, that's among the ideal pairings IMO.

Dang you guys...would have been all over Jones or Geoff.  Give me a few to figure out a backup plan.
I probably was taking Tru if he fell, instead went with the guy I almost took last round and completed my key starters.

CURRENT ROSTER

Watson, Deshaun HOU QB

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Kirk, Christian ARI WR

Pettis, Dante SFO WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE

Goff at QB16 is stupid value. Then again, every one of @bicycle_seat_sniffer's picks deserve to have gone at least a half-round ahead of where he landed them (the exception being Gurley who I would have taken 1.01). Still 2/3rds of the draft left of course, but he's got my favorite team so far and it's not that close.

Goff at QB16 is stupid value. Then again, every one of @bicycle_seat_sniffer's picks deserve to have gone at least a half-round ahead of where he landed them (the exception being Gurley who I would have taken 1.01). Still 2/3rds of the draft left of course, but he's got my favorite team so far and it's not that close.
thanks, we will see, I think the Rams in particular people over re-acted to a poor game vs Pats. I don't think anyone was beating New England in that super bowl...

Agree on Goff, haven't checked the teams yet.

Goff is my starter on 3 dynasty teams. There may be a handful of QBs I'd trade him for, definitely not 15.

Ryan. Thought he was pretty average last, look at the points he accumulated 
I was shocked when I was doing my research before the pick - QB#2.  With that said, I think you got to get the gettin' when you can - I did like other QBs too, but was not sure when they would be picked, but 9 QBs went between when I grabbed Ryan until my next pick, so I am OK being on that end of the run.

And the first rook goes off the board at 8.04.

In my hazy experience, this is generally right around where the "generic first rookie" goes in the WSLs save when there's an obvious All-Pro talent (e.g. Barkley, Zeke). Whether Jacobs clears the "generic first rookie" bar I couldn't say, but when a guy like Danial Jeremiah puts him in his top-5 of this draft class - not RBs, but overall - I'm willing to roll the dice.

In my hazy experience, this is generally right around where the "generic first rookie" goes in the WSLs save when there's an obvious All-Pro talent (e.g. Barkley, Zeke). Whether Jacobs clears the "generic first rookie" bar I couldn't say, but when a guy like Danial Jeremiah puts him in his top-5 of this draft class - not RBs, but overall - I'm willing to roll the dice.
Seems right to me. 

Jacobs in Philly or Baltimore and you got a steal. He lands in a less favorable location or to back a stud up, not so much. 

I'd have a real hard time putting Jacobs as top 5 in this class unless you're talking FF draft and not NFL.

yep a lot of talent off the board and we have had the QB run....Might as well throw a dart at the incoming RB class.

@Stinkin Ref

Another look at comparisons to last season:

1. In 2018, there were six quarterbacks taken through the first four rounds and this year our league only had the one
  2. In 2018, seven QBS were taken in the fifth and sixth rounds, this year it was shifted back a round. In 2019, we took eight QBs in the 6th and nine QBs in the 7th
  3. The number of RBs taken this year continues to be one to three more cumulatively than a year ago
  4. The number of WRs was a bit above last year's totals, but has now fallen behind a bit
  5. The number of TEs continues to be two to four ahead of last year's pace

Another look at comparisons to last season:

1. In 2018, there were six quarterbacks taken through the first four rounds and this year our league only had the one
  2. In 2018, seven QBS were taken in the fifth and sixth rounds, this year it was shifted back a round. In 2019, we took eight QBs in the 6th and nine QBs in the 7th
  3. The number of RBs taken this year continues to be one to three more cumulatively than a year ago
  4. The number of WRs was a bit above last year's totals, but has now fallen behind a bit
  5. The number of TEs continues to be two to four ahead of last year's pace
Refs gonna need Mahommes to average 50ppg to make up 5-6 rounds of value

Bss - thoughts on Tate?
not gonna lie, I don't like the pick, he don't have a team, and I think Detroit and Philly both pass on bringing him back in, he will need to build rapport with whatever QB he goes to.  Maybe he ends up in GB or NO, but he might find the market soft and miss OTAs.....I would of rather had Godwin or C.Kirk...more upside with those guys.

not gonna lie, I don't like the pick, he don't have a team, and I think Detroit and Philly both pass on bringing him back in, he will need to build rapport with whatever QB he goes to.  Maybe he ends up in GB or NO, but he might find the market soft and miss OTAs.....I would of rather had Godwin or C.Kirk...more upside with those guys.
Thanks for the feedback.

Had to do it. 

Pick 8.10 / 122 is Damian Harris, RB Alabama. Roll tide! :towelwave:

Had to get a bama back to go with the LSU and Tennessee.  All SEC backfield.

That was why I passed, but he could be great value in the right team.

If he's not too expensive I'd love to see him in Tennessee. They can use a reliable vet.

That was why I passed, but he could be great value in the right team.

If he's not too expensive I'd love to see him in Tennessee. They can use a reliable vet.
Saw and article today on FFToday, about dynasty buys and their #1 guy was Mariota....ooof….I think hes beyond recorverable as an FF asset... hard pass, they play Defense and run the ball....

How many of you have made a pick thinking "I know this is stupid, but F it"? 

Yep, 9.07 is the midget man. Kyler Murray. 

I like my last two upside WR picks - 2nd year players Anthony Miller -Chicago and James Washington  Pitt - if AB is gone, and Im 99% sure he will be, look out...

@Duckboy with the double rookie TE from Iowa attack

@BassNBrew on the clock.

I wanted to pick Washington So Bad on my last pick,..... But, My #1 Is Ju Ju.... 

I was going to say F it and do it anyway but, decided it was dumb to start off with a definite Bye week issue from the start....

Bss - thoughts on Tate?
I am on the other side of this. Tate is a really good slot receiver and I think a value selection where you got him, especially in this ppr league. He was on my heavy consideration list. If he goes where he could start as a slot guy, he could bounce back solidly.

BassNBrew said:
Good thing it's a pt per K league.
🤷‍♂️ I'm unlikely to draft him in any other league but I figured I'd take the risk here. Partly because I didn't like the remaining options last round.  But mostly I think he'll have some big weeks, just have to hope Watson stays healthy.

Team Holloway through round 9

QB - Rivers and Mayfield - two guys that I see as each having high floors and high ceilings for a sweet combo

RB - Barkley, James White and Dion Lewis - one flat out stud and two other guys that are frequently used in the passing game

WR - Cooks, Diggs & Humphries - two solid guys with high floors and a good slot guy likely to be on a new team

TE - Hooper - not terrible but taken as TE 11, definitely need some other folks pitching in soon

Weak wide receivers and tight ends to this point, but I really like the QB/RB thus far

I like your WR strategy actually. No depth yet, obviously, but two solid WR1's plus a slot guy for floor / bye-week insurance means you can throw 3-4 darts at high upside knowing you'll only need to fill in 1 score from the group most weeks. Then again I'm probably biased since that was basically my exact strategy as well.  :hifive:

QB - Wentz / Garoppolo - much like Holloway, two guys with high ceilings, although the floors are a bit lower in my case

RB - Mack, McKinnon, Jacobs - :X  Lots of potential but no floor whatsoever. No prayer of only going 4-deep here so there goes one of my 2 extra WSL roster spots.

WR - Hill, Golladay, Samuel, J. Brown - two studs and two (technically 3) speedsters is a great start in best-ball

TE - Kittle - sky is the limit with a real QB this season

It's probably a better team for a best-ball format than it looks (lots of home-run hitting ability + SF stack potential) but still some major work to do. 

D Watson, K Murray - you won't find a bigger boom / bust duo. Maybe not the best duo, but explosive.

Guice, D Harris, Kamara - rb1 is solid, we'll see how guice and Harris do

Green, Kirk, Pettis - the elder AJ should have a good year in a possibly better offense. No idea what to expect from the sophomores.

Edit - added Jamison Crowder. UFA, slot receiver who should get substantial interest. Another rebound candidate off injury. Won't set the league on fire but provides a solid veteran base, wouldn't be surprised if he's the #2 guy here many weeks, provides a decent floor in PPR.

Howard, Olsen - without a flex I'll gladly take the injury risk for the price with Olsen. Howard is among my favorite players and I think he'll come on even stronger this year.  

Took more risk earlier than planned, broke from my original plan to take solid vets the first 7 rounds.  The team will probably ride or die on Watson, Guice and either Pettis or Kirk. I kind of need all of them to perform to potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the deal with Olsen? Hes coming back right? weird the young dude went before him.

and of course I take DA Chicago BEARS Defense!
Olsen should be going where was at last year minus one round.  Foot should be fixed right this time.  He'll be 34 which is old, but not ancient.  Just two years ago he was the only non-QB offensive player to have played every snap prior to getting hurt.  Some may consider it wear, I consider it good conditioning and toughness.  IF Cam's shoulder is right, this offense should explode.  Samuel and Moore will open the field up for Olsen to dominate.

Users who are viewing this thread