What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN: Questions As To Whether Jussie Smollett Faked Attack (1 Viewer)

Probably because he doesn’t get personal like this...

And he doesn’t actually break any of the terms of service for the website.
If people start getting banned for saying posters are obtuse and said posters are wanting fake violent acts to be real then it would be the final death kneel of this site

If people start getting banned for saying posters are obtuse and said posters are wanting fake violent acts to be real then it would be the final death kneel of this site
I’d guess it would be due more to “ignorant schtick” and getting personal rather than discussing the posts.

panther club, if you truly believe I’ve committed a bannable offense you’re certainly welcome to report it to the moderators. But hopefully you’ll explain it to me first because I’ve done nothing in this thread other than offer my honest opinion. 

Ok you have a nice night...not getting in a pissing match about wanting tim banned because he is opinionated and posts a lot.
He was openly rooting for a racist, homophobic, violent act to take place so he can add a notch in his belt about trump and todays America.  Thats disgusting.

jon mx- in response to the article you posted, here is another article, non anecdote based, that suggests that there really is no bias in the media: 

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/is-the-media-liberal-2315202

Actually though, you don’t need to read it. The fact is that we’re simply never going to agree on this issue. It’s one of those issues that is based more on perception than anything else. I will never convince you that there is no media bias and you won’t convince me that there is. I know plenty of people who share your opinion and I’m guessing you know a few who share mine. Lets leave it at that. 

However- President Trump has carried the argument to a whole new level in which he consistently accuses the media, not of simply being biased, but of outright lying. I hope that at the least you don’t share that opinion. 

panther club, if you truly believe I’ve committed a bannable offense you’re certainly welcome to report it to the moderators. But hopefully you’ll explain it to me first because I’ve done nothing in this thread other than offer my honest liberally biased opinion. 
FYP

Some of this loss of reputation stems from effective demagoguery from the right and the left, as well as from our demagogue-in-chief, but the attacks wouldn’t be so successful if our media institutions hadn’t failed us as well.
Jon I know you’re an indie and you have expressed your disgust for Trump. And I’d be willing to concede that situations like what happened with Scaramucci and I guess a couple other times have handed ammunition to critics of the free press, but I’d be really curious if any Trump supporters agree with that point about the “Demagogue in Chief”?

He was openly rooting for a racist, homophobic, violent act to take place so he can add a notch in his belt about trump and todays America.  Thats disgusting.
Just curious: is there anybody else here who read what I wrote and reached this conclusion? Because it’s not what I meant at all and I would hope most people would understand that. 

Honestly? Both. 

But again I need to clarify the second part. I wanted it to be true because I didn’t want to think this guy was a liar- (I don’t really know him but I’ve always liked his sister going back to Friday Night Lights, and she supported him on this- it will probably hurt her career as well) and also because as I wrote I believe it IS true that the Trump era has increased bigotry. 

But I DON’T want it to be true that somebody was viciously attacked, ever. 
Here’s what I wrote again that caused pantherclub to go off the rails...

The overwhelming majority of reported hate crimes (any violent crime for that matter) are legit.  This one was one of the comparatively rare exceptions.  There's no good reason for folks to get so emotionally worked up here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The overwhelming majority of reported hate crimes (any violent crime for that matter) are legit.  This one was one of the comparatively rare exceptions.  There's no good reason for folks to get so emotionally worked up here. 
99% of violent crimes are committed by Americans but they only care about the crimes committed by illegal immigrants.  

Notice a pattern? 

Holy smokes
I mean to be this completely unaware is shocking. 

I don't get into personal stuff ever on here, but just watching Sho follow around anyone who doesn't support his position on here is a joke. 

Just stop it man. You just instigate problems. You remind me of my 14 year old daughter--you have to get that last little jab in all the time. 

As far as Tim--he is/and will always be a great poster. His problem is his honesty gets used against him. I will always have his back on here.  :thumbup:

The Duke Lacrosse incident took place in 2006 and people still offet it as proof that we shouldn’t trust accusers. 

No doubt this incident will be discussed for years to come as well....

I don't get into personal stuff ever on here, but just watching Sho follow around anyone who doesn't support his position on here is a joke. 

Just stop it man. You just instigate problems. You remind me of my 14 year old daughter--you have to get that last little jab in all the time. 

As far as Tim--he is/and will always be a great poster. His problem is his honesty gets used against him. I will always have his back on here.  :thumbup:
I feel the same about you CJ. Wish you posted more often. 

A.  I don’t follow anyone around and I think it’s clear the opposite is true that others follow me and get far more personal (as you just did.

B. I’d also ask you to do as the other poster still refuses, don’t go personal and hot and run...bring something to show I’m wrong...show me where there is some confirmed huge liberal slant.  I don’t play unaware...I’m stating I believe based on many things that a claim of huge liberal slant is bogus.  Show me that I’m wrong...fine.  Post like you just did and it’s crap and whatbthe mods don’t want.  I’ve instigated nothing...didn’t post a thing to you and you came in here getting personal. Think about that.

A.  I don’t follow anyone around and I think it’s clear the opposite is true that others follow me and get far more personal (as you just did.

B. I’d also ask you to do as the other poster still refuses, don’t go personal and hot and run...bring something to show I’m wrong...show me where there is some confirmed huge liberal slant.  I don’t play unaware...I’m stating I believe based on many things that a claim of huge liberal slant is bogus.  Show me that I’m wrong...fine.  Post like you just did and it’s crap and whatbthe mods don’t want.  I’ve instigated nothing...didn’t post a thing to you and you came in here getting personal. Think about that.
A--your little "BTW"  passive aggressive nonsense response to me earlier---um, yeah.

B-- I don't usually have days like today where I am on this site--but it is amazing seeing you just respond immediately today to anyone who dares disagree with you. 

C-- THE OWNER......let me repeat this....THE OWNER of this site called you out SPECIFICALLY as a person to create a thread about a topic. Do you think that is because you are special and bring the most to this site? You were lumped in with jon in this "unique" honor. Think about that....

I am done for tonight here....I am sure (like my teenager would) will have some response, but I am going to the FFA to have fun and drink some beer.

But I believe that in real life you and I could sit down and have a beer/water and would really be able to find a common ground and be friends. I just believe the internet/current political atmosphere brings out the worst in all. So please understand I don't think you are a bad dude. 

People much smarter than me have probably already noted these irregularities when the story originally broke:
-2 racist homophobes are just hanging outside a Subway at 2AM.
-One of them happen to have rope with him. Who carries rope with them (to eat or otherwise)?
-2 racists/homophobes know Jussie Smollett. Before this story I've never heard of him or watched Empire. So these racists watch Empire?
-2 racists/homophobes know Jussie Smollett is gay. How would you know this unless you've researched this on some sort of homosexual database?
-They beat him up in public. Pretty dumb thing to do in a big city like Chicago, even if it is at 2AM.

Most of these things are unlikely on their own, and borderline impossible for all these these things to occur without there being some sort of connection.  :2cents:

People much smarter than me have probably already noted these irregularities when the story originally broke:
-One of them happen to have rope with him. Who carries rope with them (to eat or otherwise)?
-2 racists/homophobes know Jussie Smollett. Before this story I've never heard of him or watched Empire. So these racists watch Empire?
-2 racists/homophobes know Jussie Smollett is gay. How would you know this unless you've researched this on some sort of homosexual database?
-They beat him up in public. Pretty dumb thing to do in a big city like Chicago, even if it is at 2AM.

Most of these things are unlikely on their own, and borderline impossible for all these these things to occur without there being some sort of connection.  :2cents:

Don’t forget that he waited a long time before calling the cops. 

And why would 2 racists fly to Nigeria? Did they go to hunt gay black guys in the middle of the night? So weird. 

So...just wanting a reaction?  There is a word for that...and it isn’t what the mods here want either. 
Just about anyone here will admit that the mainstream media in our country has at the very least a slight liberal slant.

Your post basically said there's NO EVIDENCE of that at all. That's just ridiculous  :shrug:

Imo

Why are you doing this?  I did not say there was no bias.  I stated that there isn’t a huge liberal slant.  That was the conversation being had when you jumped in with your opinion piece that didn’t refute what I had stated.

Just about anyone here will admit that the mainstream media in our country has at the very least a slight liberal slant.

Your post basically said there's NO EVIDENCE of that at all. That's just ridiculous  :shrug:

Imo
No I stated and disagreed with a post that stated there was a huge liberal slant and right here am quoted as specifically saying that I’m not saying there is no bias at all.

Nowhere did I even infer that I thought there is no bias at all.

Care to try again?

No...everyone doesn’t know or even believe there is a huge liberal slant.  In fact, it just doesn’t appear to be close to true by any measure.
Cmon...

No I stated and disagreed with a post that stated there was a huge liberal slant and right here am quoted as specifically saying that I’m not saying there is no bias at all.

Nowhere did I even infer that I thought there is no bias at all.

Care to try again?
You've admitted in this thread tonight that there is a bias. I'm not going back to find it.  But you are going as hard as you can to say there isnt "huge liberal slant" :lol:

Have fun with all that

Seriously is this someone we were supposed to know? He sure found a way to get his name out there....have to give him props on the guys he hired they were jacked. I would have gotten some smaller dudes to beat me up but apparently they needed work and he hooked them up.  

Cmon...

You've admitted in this thread tonight that there is a bias. I'm not going back to find it.  But you are going as hard as you can to say there isnt "huge liberal slant" :lol:

Have fun with all that
Did you read that first sentence where it says huge liberal slant?  I mean it’s right there in what you quoted man.

Do you honestly not see the difference between a liberal bias and huge liberal slant?  

Just curious: is there anybody else here who read what I wrote and reached this conclusion? Because it’s not what I meant at all and I would hope most people would understand that. 
Not at all. He is probably just trolling you since he is already talking about you should be banned.  :shrug:  

Seriously is this someone we were supposed to know? He sure found a way to get his name out there....have to give him props on the guys he hired they were jacked. I would have gotten some smaller dudes to beat me up but apparently they needed work and he hooked them up.  
Right, and the photos of his injuries, whenever the pictures were taken, don't show much damage considering the size of both individuals combined.

I’m not seeing any apologies yet from these leading Democrats for pushing this hoax. 

"This was an attempted modern day lynching" - @kamalaharris

"The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching." - @corybooker 

"The racist, homophobic attack on @JussieSmollett is an affront to our humanity." - @speakerpelosi

Try to keep up. We've been thiiiiiiiiis close to the final "death kneel" since 2003...

Because they didn’t push the hoax.  They reacted to the news as it was reported.
That's naive. Regardless of ideology, when people in that type of power with that type of following "react", it pushes the story forward. They realize this full well. 

looked at those sites...nothing showing a huge liberal bias.
It's all in the language, choice of words, etc. And quite blatant.

Original CNN report:  Empire actor Jussie Smollett was attacked in the early morning hours on Tuesday in what Chicago police are calling a possible hate crime.

Most recent CNN report:  Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month.

CNN's original headline was premature, inflammatory and falsely definitive.

And then, after more factual information about the attack being fake what do they do? Instead of denouncing the fakeness they go in the other direction and use word choices that cast doubt on the veracity of their sources. 

LOL if you think CNN would use this approach on a Trump-related topic.

FOX is equally guilty on conservative topics. So is the Wall St. Journal. But any reasonable person starting from scratch reading the "news" will quickly come to the conclusion that liberal outlets >> conservative outlets.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread