Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
stlrams

Assault at Berkeley

Good example of what’s wrong with our political climate to date.   Much like this forum it’s obvious some people can’t accept a difference of opinion..

https://6abc.com/video-shows-young-conservative-activists-being-assaulted-on-berkeley-campus/5151624/

• Like 2

Can we cut to the chase now and agree that if this is what it seems at face value that the perp should just be charged with assault and leave it at that?

• Like 6

No excuse for violence.

Would also love to see the full exchanges and what all was said.

In addition, do we need threads in every incident now?

And finally, Turning Point USA has a history of controversy and is Charlie Kirks baby, no?

3 minutes ago, jonessed said:

I think even Tim could agree that this guy needs to go to jail.

But he will understand the “emotional rage” aspect of the triggered man.

• Like 1

U.C. Berkeley police confirm they are investigating the incident and released a photo of the suspect, who they say may or may not be a student.

..."Let's be absolutely clear," said U.C. Berkeley Spokesman Dan Mogulof. "This University absolutely condemns violence and harassment no matter who the perpetrators are. No matter who the victims are. It's simply intolerable and has no place on this campus."

:shrug:Seems simple.

• Like 6

Regardless of political beliefs, some U.C. Berkeley students were troubled when they saw the video and by the fact that something like it happened at all on Sproul Plaza.

"Sproul Plaza is a very historic place," said student Xiao Ming. "This is where the Free Speech Movement originated and it's just so sad that such a thing could happen in this wonderful place."

:shrug:

I hope the thug goes to jail. And someone makes him their ##### in there. The guy had 50 pounds on that kid he was punching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I hope the thug goes to jail. And someone makes him their ##### in there. The guy had 50 pounds on that kid he was punching. 

Quite the tough guy too sucker punched that kid square and kid never left his feet :lol:

2 hours ago, stlrams said:

Good example of what’s wrong with our political climate to date.   Much like this forum it’s obvious some people can’t accept a difference of opinion..

https://6abc.com/video-shows-young-conservative-activists-being-assaulted-on-berkeley-campus/5151624/

From a legal standpoint, there is technically a difference between punching someone and being stubborn on a message board.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Dedfin said:

that wasn't anything to do with the Berkeley assault

on the assault on the conservative .... if this was a MAGA hat wearer, it would be called a hate crime and looky how hateful and mean the MAGA hat, Trump supporters are 

truth is, its the left that are angry, hateful, mean, intolerant and unaccepting .... they can't even let a peaceful booth voice their opinions? unbelievable 

2 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

If this was a MAGA hat wearer, it would be called a hate crime 

These are two white guys, right? We don’t know their religion. There isn’t a precinct in the country where that would be a hate crime.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

These are two white guys, right? We don’t know their religion. There isn’t a precinct in the country where that would be a hate crime.

people were calling hate crime/ race crime on Smollett's story ..... it shouldn't matter what you're color of skin or political belief if you're attacked and its hate that drove it, its a hate crime IMO

I just wish we'd be fair and equal that's all

15 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

people were calling hate crime/ race crime on Smollett's story ..... it shouldn't matter what you're color of skin or political belief if you're attacked and its hate that drove it, its a hate crime IMO

I just wish we'd be fair and equal that's all

The hate crime laws are based on race, religion and orientation, not political ideologies. Smollett alleged that he was attacked because of his race and orientation.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

If this was “normal” it wouldn’t deserve its own thread. 

The violence has become normalized. 

4 hours ago, Herb said:

Can we cut to the chase now and agree that if this is what it seems at face value that the perp should just be charged with assault and leave it at that?

50 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

truth is, its the left that are angry, hateful, mean, intolerant and unaccepting .... they can't even let a peaceful booth voice their opinions? unbelievable 

:kicksrock:

55 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

truth is, its the left that are angry, hateful, mean, intolerant and unaccepting ....

Some people here are on their 3rd suspension in like a month and here you are just posting away.

Nifty

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

Some people here are on their 3rd suspension in like a month and here you are just posting away.

Nifty

It's unbelievable what some people get away with.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

on the assault on the conservative .... if this was a MAGA hat wearer, it would be called a hate crime and looky how hateful and mean the MAGA hat, Trump supporters are 

No. The truth is this is the fringe on both sides.  The problem is these small % of the population dominate our news because this is what sells and get people clicking links.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

The violence has become normalized. 

"Back in my day, we'd have knocked the crap out of them"

"Punch them right in the mouth"

"If they press charges, I'll pay your legal fees"

Hmm, can't imagine why we have the violent atmosphere we have today.  

• Like 1

Humans sometime act like aholes, news at 11.

It's odd how this seems to only happen to poor MAGA lovers.  Never goes the other way so let's be outrage.

What a world we live in.

58 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

"Back in my day, we'd have knocked the crap out of them"

"Punch them right in the mouth"

"If they press charges, I'll pay your legal fees"

Hmm, can't imagine why we have the violent atmosphere we have today.  

If someone gets assaulted they have a right to punch them in the mouth, don't they?  Or is thing today to cry and say please don't do that?  Then go find their safe space.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

If someone gets assaulted they have a right to punch them in the mouth, don't they?  Or is thing today to cry and say please don't do that?  Then go find their safe space.

Trump was talking about protesters. Not defending yourself against an assault. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

No. The truth is this is the fringe on both sides.  The problem is these small % of the population dominate our news because this is what sells and get people clicking links.  

I think there is far more on the left right now than right -just the opposite of what the media would tell us to believe. 

maybe there are just way more fringe lefts then

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Quite the tough guy too sucker punched that kid square and kid never left his feet :lol:

Is it really a sucker punch if you’ve been fighting long before the punch?

I’ll admit that he wasn’t ready for it, but he should have been. 

Edited by Tom Skerritt

23 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I think there is far more on the left right now than right -just the opposite of what the media would tell us to believe. 

maybe there are just way more fringe lefts then

No surprise that you believe this. 

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

No surprise that you believe this. 

if you had to guess the number of assaults and calls for violence over the past 2 1/2 years .... are more coming from the left than right ? equal ?

I can think of far more coming from the left

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

Trump was talking about protesters. Not defending yourself against an assault. Hope this helps. 

I thought this thread was about getting assaulted.   Sorry you got off topic.

Edited by JohnnyU

Just now, Stealthycat said:

if you had to guess the number of assaults and calls for violence over the past 2 1/2 years .... are more coming from the left than right ? equal ?

I can think of far more coming from the left

No surprise judging by the sources you use for your links and info. 

34 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

???

50 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

You can tell the people who have never been in a fight before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Skerritt said:

He wasn’t really fighting back, just getting pushed around.  Given the context I think it was clearly a sucker punch.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

No surprise judging by the sources you use for your links and info. 

I click CNN as often as I do FOXNEWS

CNN reports the left violence too .... not much right violence though

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom Skerritt said:

Really??

On 2/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, Stealthycat said:

Doesn’t DHS track this? They do.

I’m not sure if there is something like this for left wing extremism.

10 hours ago, Tom Skerritt said:

In a way you're right.  It was clear he was trying not to escalate it.  But you are right given that the guy had already attacked him, he should have been expecting another.  However, it was obvious he wasn't trying to fight and it very much was a sucker punch.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Bunch of Sallies in here.

Really?.  Don’t go there..

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Doesn’t DHS track this? They do.

I’m not sure if there is something like this for left wing extremism.

wow

DHS targeting right conservatives 

35 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Really?.  Don’t go there..

Go where man

4 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Go where man

Calling people sallies for an unprovoked assault. 

33 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Calling people sallies for an unprovoked assault. 

something something safe spaces

Would be happy to meet you in new haven 

5 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

something something safe spaces

for lunch anytime.  Let me know if I should bring general tso or not.  

1 minute ago, stlrams said:

Would be happy to meet you in new haven 

for lunch anytime.  Let me know if I should bring general tso or not.  

ok dude! Ill pm you when I'm in town properly. I'm usually out of town for the week.

This American Life did a story last year about the Turning Point USA organization.  They train young conservatives to bait and trigger people into fighting so they can use the viral video to play the victim and advance their cause.  I recommend checking out the prologue of this episode (11 min) for an understanding of their motives. 

This American Life 645 - "My Effing First Amendment"

Prologue: This extreme political moment is playing out on college campuses, places that are already at the extreme end of politics. Outside groups are getting involved, helping conservatives fight back against angry liberals on campus. Producer Zoe Chace tells Ira about a conference she went to, hosted by Turning Point USA, where students get trained on how to fight these battles. (11 minutes) 

Print Story about the University of Nebraska incident that is featured in the TAL story

Edited by fossdboss
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, fossdboss said:

This American Life did a story last year about the Turning Point USA organization.  They train young conservatives to bait and trigger people into fighting so they can use the viral video to play the victim and advance their cause.  I recommend checking out the prologue of this episode (11 min) for an understanding of their motives. 

This American Life 645 - "My Effing First Amendment"

Prologue: This extreme political moment is playing out on college campuses, places that are already at the extreme end of politics. Outside groups are getting involved, helping conservatives fight back against angry liberals on campus. Producer Zoe Chace tells Ira about a conference she went to, hosted by Turning Point USA, where students get trained on how to fight these battles. (11 minutes) 

Print Story about the University of Nebraska incident that is featured in the TAL story

Turning Point USA is definitely troll-y, which is obviously bad but doesn't justify violence.

12 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Turning Point USA is definitely troll-y, which is obviously bad but doesn't justify violence.

Yeah...don’t get baited into what they want.  I mean easy to say as many of us give the attention to similar here.  But can’t resort to violence...hurts the legit causes.