What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it possible to prove other people exist? (1 Viewer)

wikkidpissah said:
My point is that your question has nothing to do with anything but mastery. We can't master existence, which is why we try. We used to master hard ground, turbulent weather, constant pain & loss, tactile & tangible things. We "beat" them by existing and that was enough.

We can't beat, master modern life. There are no Roman moments, pulling the heart out of a foe and holding it high, taking a bite, or lugging a deer home or bringing a crop to harvest that means the winter for your family. Now that we've well mastered the survival thing, that society is organized and prevalent, there's just a scramble of transitory madness, a tide we can ride or be swamped by or drown under. So we invent victories, abstractions to pass the time and pump us up.

You, as a human being in the modern day, are the culmination of 4.5 billion years earthly progress, God's divine plan or both. Your insides, your personality is not figured out at all. No one outside you has figured you out, you haven't figured you out. Now there's a mystery worth knowing. If the tide is coming in, should you figure out the global tidal scheme, the density of water, or should you figure out how to swim? Jussayin'
I wish that you and SWC offered lessons on how to talk and phrase things. I'd be the first to sign up. 

Hey guys, sorry I seem to have caused a glitch with TheIronSheik. I'm just going to try resetting him and see if that fixes the problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread