What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do they need to know what guns I own? (1 Viewer)

Suppose you sell your guns and they are used in a crime? Suppose they are stolen and used in a crime? 

Law enforcement would greatly benefit by a database that knows who owns what firearms. 

Suppose you sell your guns and they are used in a crime? Suppose they are stolen and used in a crime? 

Law enforcement would greatly benefit by a database that knows who owns what firearms. 
Yeah...and it's easier to confiscate guns if you know where they are!

Just so you know, where I've bought my guns, they have a pledge on the wall stating that the day the government requires them to inform them of their sales, they will be in the next day to burn their records (scrub their server).

Exactly who would you expect to obey any law like this....the criminals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...and it's easier to confiscate guns if you know where they are!

Just so you know, where I've bought my guns, they have a pledge on the wall stating that the day the government requires them to inform them of their sales, they will be in the next day to burn their records (scrub their server).
Just so you know, this paranoia that the government is coming to seize your guns is not only irrational, it makes all of you that express it sound like nutjobs to the vast majority of the public. 

Just so you know, this paranoia that the government is coming to seize your guns is not only irrational, it makes all of you that express it sound like nutjobs to the vast majority of the public. 
It's not that the government is coming to seize anything...it's that we don't want to help them if they did down the road.

I never thought that anyone would consider birthday abortions yet, here we are.

Don't tell me that he Democratic party isn't moving to the left and gun confiscation would never be considered

It's not that the government is coming to seize anything...it's that we don't want to help them if they did down the road.

I never thought that anyone would consider birthday abortions yet, here we are.
They’re not going to seize them down the road. Or ever. They don’t care that you own guns. Your guns are meaningless to them. They don’t protect your liberty in any way. Maybe they did in 1776, but with today’s technology, if the government wanted to become a dictatorship, your private weapons are worthless. 

They’re doing this to fight crime. 

I have recorded the serial numbers to the guns that i own.

If they are stolen, I would tell the police.

I was suspended once for telling you that you sounded idiotic.

How is you telling someone they sound like a nut job any different?

They’re not going to seize them down the road. Or ever. They don’t care that you own guns. Your guns are meaningless to them. They don’t protect your liberty in any way. Maybe they did in 1776, but with today’s technology, if the government wanted to become a dictatorship, your private weapons are worthless. 

They’re doing this to fight crime. 
You bet   :thumbdown:

And nobody would ever consider birthday abortions...down the road or ever.

I was suspended once for telling you that you sounded idiotic.

How is you telling someone they sound like a nut job any different?
It may very well get me in trouble. I hope it doesn’t. I don’t think you or anyone else that believes your guns will be seized are nutjobs; I wrote that you sound like them to the public. I do think it’s a rather paranoid belief, and I just explained why in a previous post. 

Not every gun owner records their serial numbers. Wouldn’t it be better if the police have that on record? 
You're serious?

You know many gun owners like this?

I sure don't.

and no, it wouldn't be better if the government knew where to go to collect guns or to fine or arrest those who don't register them.

It may very well get me in trouble. I hope it doesn’t. I don’t think you or anyone else that believes your guns will be seized are nutjobs; I wrote that you sound like them to the public. I do think it’s a rather paranoid belief, and I just explained why in a previous post. 
As I posted, and you quoted, I also wrote "sounded like".

I don't think you're an idiot fwiw

And I never posted that I think my guns will be seized, so I'm not sure why you just wrote that 

As I posted, and you quoted, I also wrote "sounded like".

I don't think you're an idiot fwiw

And I never posted that I think my guns will be seized, so I'm not sure why you just wrote that 
Well first off I didn’t report you, nor suspend you. If I reported everyone who ever wrote that I sounded like an idiot that would consume most of my time- and anyhow sometimes I do sound like an idiot. 

When I wrote “you”, I meant “those of you that believe this” as in my response to Opie. 

I knew that was going to be the retort. :lol:  

I doubt anything anyone says here will sway you at all, but this will be a fun thread to follow if nothing else...
you forgot to answer his question.

If we are registering guns on the basis that they are deadly weapons...do we serialize and register kitchen knives?

So you're done with your original theory then...
My original statement was this, "To hold you accountable if you are negligent in storing your weapons and one of them is used to commit a crime?"

A 7 year old child could very well commit a crime, say injuring or killing another person. They could bring it school or they could discharge it in pubic.  All of these things are crimes.

And perhaps a way to decrease these crimes is to get lawful gun owners to store their weapons properly.

I am pretty sure that they already know who the parents of this 7 year old is...even without registering the gun.

It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to put the pieces together.

It's unbelievable to me that gun owners would have an issue with this. They literally do not want to take even the smallest of steps to control gun violence. Just thoughts and prayers. Unreal. 

Oh, and proper storage in a gun safe would also likely lead to fewer weapons on the street, as burgling a house with a gun in a safe makes it more difficult to get access to that weapon than if it were sitting on the nightstand.

I am pretty sure that they already know who the parents of this 7 year old is...even without registering the gun.

It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to put the pieces together.
Ok, make it an 11 year old that is getting caught up in the wrong crowd that pilfers the weapon from the house of a friend whose parents left it out. He then gives that gun to an older friend who gives it to his cousin the gang member.

I think registering guns in conjunction with laws requiring locked storage, and prosecution against those who didn't store properly and a crime was committed with that weapon is a good thing and would reduce gun deaths in this country.

Ok, make it an 11 year old hat is getting caught up in the wrong crowd that pilfers the weapon from the house of a friend whose parents left it out.

I think registering guns in conjunction with laws requiring locked storage, and prosecution against those who didn't store properly and a crime was committed with that weapon is a good thing and would reduce gun deaths in this country.
and I think that registering guns in conjunction with laws requiring locked storage would turn law-abiding gun owners into criminals due to the actions of an 11 year old delinquent.

Will anyone who leaves the keys in their car or fails to secure it in a garage, be prosecuted if that car was stolen and used in a crime?

Haven't you heard....thoughts and prayers are useless.

Keep up.
Yeah, prayers are great. Really helped those in New Zealand. Who actually were praying when shot in the head. May be time to consider a plan B?    I know, I know...they want to take our guns. :yawn:

They have counseling for paranoia. 

Yeah, prayers are great. Really helped those in New Zealand. Who actually were praying when shot in the head. May be time to consider a plan B?    I know, I know...they want to take our guns. :yawn:

They have counseling for paranoia. 
You know what helped even less ??

New Zealand's strict gun laws. 

Those laws that kept law abiding citizens "praying when shot in the head" rather than shooting back and defending themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread