What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why are President Trump's Tax Returns Important? (3 Viewers)

It's almost like my posts are written in ether or something.  

I don't like it.  I think its purely politically motivated, petty and sets a bed precedent.  I also said if the law requires disclosure then so be it.  But I'm interested to see if there can be a successful legal challenge.  

PLEASE....read my post before getting ready to respond.  Please.  
I think it actually is forcing Trump to stay with precedent.  The precedent is POTUS candidates release their taxes. 

The President is not supermike80's employee. Even if he were, employers cannot force employees to share their tax returns.
I didn't ask for tax returns....I stipulated a work audit...if using the word audit is causing confusion, I apologize.  I also apologize for using the word employee in the analogy.  Though he works for us and is paid by us he's technically not an "employee" in legal terms...was rushed on my phone.  I hope you can put the lawyer in you to the side and try to understand my poorly constructed thought.

It’s odd to see someone talk about how they don’t like forcing Trump to show his tax return because it’s petty yet Trump is the king of pettiness. 
It's even odder to see someone talk about how they don't like forcing Trump to show his tax return while simultaneously agreeing that people should not be able to avoid petty laws.

truth ?

Trump is playing Democrats for fools again, and they're in ... hook, line and sinker. 

Americans see the fiasco that Russia was, Stormy Daniels was, Kavanaugh .... they're not forgetting and when Democrats force this tax thing, and there will be nothing there ..... Trump will smile and say hey, Democrats were liars and witch hunters on that too.
He said he was going to release them if he ran. If there's nothing in them so be it, he is of so low character that he can't trusted. Not sure how any of you Trump people don't want to see them and take him at his word for anything.

What was wrong with how Russia investigation was handled, is being handled?

Stormy? He lied about paying her off. Not even sure why you'd even bring this up.

Kavanaugh?  To me he looked super sketchy in during his confirmation. I tend to not believe him but who knows? He got nominated because the Republicans held a majority that's the way it works.

Not really no. You claim you want to follow the law but you hope President Trump refuses to turn over his returns. And you hope he gets away with it. You can’t have it both ways. 
I never ever ever said that.  Jeez.  Seriously.  MULTIPLE times I have said I dont like it but if the law requires it, so be it. 

But I did say I'm ok with him fighting it in court.

Ether I tell you.   Ether

Last edited by a moderator:
He said he was going to release them if he ran. If there's nothing in them so be it, he is of so low character that he can't trusted. Not sure how any of you Trump people don't want to see them and take him at his word for anything.

What was wrong with how Russia investigation was handled, is being handled?

Stormy? He lied about paying her off. Not even sure why you'd even bring this up.

Kavanaugh?  To me he looked super sketchy in during his confirmation. I tend to not believe him but who knows? He got nominated because the Republicans held a majority that's the way it works.
OMG A POLITICIAN LIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You only want to see lies when you can use them is that right? Russia was about getting Trump - it failed, Stormy was about getting Trump, failed ..... Kavanaugh was about getting someone tied to Trump - it failed

This taxes thing will fail

Democrats are a party of just a very few things right now ... allowing illegal people to come to the US, legalized killing of unborn babies but most importantly, anti-Trump

that hate fuels the left and has for 2 years

OMG A POLITICIAN LIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You only want to see lies when you can use them is that right? Russia was about getting Trump - it failed, Stormy was about getting Trump, failed ..... Kavanaugh was about getting someone tied to Trump - it failed

This taxes thing will fail

Democrats are a party of just a very few things right now ... allowing illegal people to come to the US, legalized killing of unborn babies but most importantly, anti-Trump

that hate fuels the left and has for 2 years
What does any of this have to do with wanting to see his taxes? You should want to see them. If there is nothing in them great.

#### off with the unborn baby stuff.

the left wants to see them so they can say AH HA !!

I don't care about Trump's taxes anymore so than I cared about all the other witch hunting and here is another fact  -  if the taxes comes out, and there is nothing, Democrats will go after something else hoping it sticks

anti-Trump hate - its nothing more than that and I'm sick of it

Stealthycat said:
the left wants to see them so they can say AH HA !!

I don't care about Trump's taxes anymore so than I cared about all the other witch hunting and here is another fact  -  if the taxes comes out, and there is nothing, Democrats will go after something else hoping it sticks

anti-Trump hate - its nothing more than that and I'm sick of it
Majority of Americans think they should be released. It's be an issue since day one for most other than Trump hacks. Dems couldn't do anything about it before they won the House.

Some samplings of lefties on Trump's taxes:

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): I’ve said all along, I thought that every candidate for president should disclose their tax returns.”

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “He can release past years’ tax returns. He can do it tomorrow. He doesn’t want to do it because presumably there’s something in there that is bad. If there’s nothing, release them tomorrow.”

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT): “If you’re going to run and try to become the president of the United States, you’re gonna have to open up your kimono and show everything: your tax returns, your medical records. You’re just gonna have to do that. It’s too important.”

House Speaker Paul Ryan: “I did release my returns. I’ll defer to Donald Trump as to when he thinks the appropriate time to release his returns. I know he’s under an audit. He’s got an opinion about when to release those, I’ll defer to him on that … I released mine. I think we should release ours.

Nikki Haley, Trump’s UN Ambassador: “I’m an accountant. I can tell you there is no audit that precludes you from showing your tax return. Donald Trump, show us your tax return!”

Maurile Tremblay said:
We can’t know this without seeing them. I think there’s a decent chance that Trump may have written his (exaggerated) net worth in the margin of every page, along with some claims about the size of his hands.
They could pull his FEC filings.  But I admit it would be hilarious for politicians in Washington to try and score political points when they in most cases can't/don't even prepare their own taxes.

What?  You said it's disgusting politicians lie.  Trump is a politician, so asking if you hold him accountable for the lies he tells.  Is that difficult to understand?
Keep reaching...every politician should be held accountable. Is that difficult to understand?

What part of being accountable don’t you understand?
Haven't followed all of your post but I've yet to see you hold Trump accountable for even one of his many lies.  If you have I apologize.   If you truly are disgusted by lying politicians I figured you would've taken a stand against the most powerful politician in the US.

Haven't followed all of your post but I've yet to see you hold Trump accountable for even one of his many lies.  If you have I apologize.   If you truly are disgusted by lying politicians I figured you would've taken a stand against the most powerful politician in the US.
My stand is that all politicians lie including every President.

Don’t forget about anyone running for public office.
At some point it becomes a little overboard. I’m not checking taxes for the guy running for dog catcher.

But yeah, the guy running for President who has gone bankrupt multiple times, runs scam charities, gets billions from international banks, probably needs to let me see them to get my vote.

At some point it becomes a little overboard. I’m not checking taxes for the guy running for dog catcher.

But yeah, the guy running for President who has gone bankrupt multiple times, runs scam charities, gets billions from international banks, probably needs to let me see them to get me vote.
Dog catchers need to be elected?

I’ve got a good job and don’t need to be catching dogs. But thanks for the support.
Good. 

Back to matter I hand, glad to see you on the right side of this. Trump should release his taxes.

Shouldn't really be a partisan issue as much as Donald tries to make it one.

Users who are viewing this thread