What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Easter Day terrorist attacks Sri Lanka (1 Viewer)

There’s nothing at all wrong with saying “Easter worshippers.” The faux outrage about that is nonsense. They were worshipping on Easter.

The point of those juxtaposed tweets is that she’s willing to explicitly call out white supremacist terrorists, but not radical Islamic terrorists.
Assuming the terrorists prayed before they pulled off the bombings, then you are saying Easter Worshippers were killed by other Easter Worshippers.  It loses A LOT of context in that light, doesn't it?
No. If students are killed by other students, you still describe the victims as "students".

Describing these victims as "Easter worshippers" is appropriate because it creates a distinction from the other set of victims ("travelers"). If the only victims had been in the church, then it would have been appropriate to describe them as "Christians".

I know, right?  Such weirdos. They should mark their foreheads with ashes on the same day they randomly stop eating meat for 40 days, like normal people.
I mean it's right here in this very thread:

I dislike religion and Christians in particular, but this is ridiculous.

He appears to hate some more than others
True.  Buddhist>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Christian>Muslim.  

I find Graeme Wood’s reasons for skepticism of the retribution-for-Christchurch theory persuasive:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/04/were-sri-lanka-bombings-retaliation-christchurch/587836/
I can see that, but the Atlantic piece still attributes the attack to Isis. Now why the SL government feels it necessary to claim that, I don’t know. Though I think this interesting:

>>When the 50 Muslims were shot in Christchurch, the world probably seemed more ripe than ever for an ISIS resurgence, to show that the group remained deadly. That ripeness is more likely to have influenced target selection (as Brian Fishman notes) than to have initiated an attack where plans for one had not previously existed.<<

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see that, but the Atlantic piece still attributes the attack to Isis. Now why the SL government feels it necessary to claim that, I don’t know. Though I think this interesting:

>>When the 50 Muslims were shot in Christchurch, the world probably seemed more ripe than ever for an ISIS resurgence, to show that the group remained deadly. That ripeness is more likely to have influenced target selection (as Brian Fishman notes) than to have initiated an attack where plans for one had not previously existed.<<
Too elaborate an attack to have been put together after Christchurch.

Users who are viewing this thread