What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread - Sebestian (1 Viewer)

I am definitely not a trained meteorologist, but man, none of the satellite loops make it look like this thing is going as far north as predicted tracks are showing...looks to me like wnw path to the armpit of FL or even south of that
That front to the north will dictate it's path.  There's always a chance they are wrong, but the models are pretty tight in thinking where this will go.  

That front to the north will dictate it's path.  There's always a chance they are wrong, but the models are pretty tight in thinking where this will go.  
What’s the XTRP?  That’s the one that mirrors satellite movement so far.  Again, not trained and just a seasoned observer, but a short amount of distance left to make such a big shift, IMO.  Getting rain here in Orlando regardless, so good for the yard

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the XTRP?  That’s the one that mirrors satellite movement so far.  Again, not trained and just a seasoned observer, but a short amount of distance left to make such a big shift, IMO.  Getting rain here in Orlando regardless, so good for the yard
I believe it stands for Extrapolated data.  It's not really a model.  All that black line is showing is where it would go if it stayed on its current path.  There's no real model.  It's just looking at the low and saying, "Oh, it's moving 10 miles NW right now?  Well, based on those facts, I'll plot out where it would go."  It's more to show you what the current movement of the storm is.

I believe it stands for Extrapolated data.  It's not really a model.  All that black line is showing is where it would go if it stayed on its current path.  There's no real model.  It's just looking at the low and saying, "Oh, it's moving 10 miles NW right now?  Well, based on those facts, I'll plot out where it would go."  It's more to show you what the current movement of the storm is.
👍🏿 Thanks.  Figured it had to be something like that, straight line and all

Nestor spawned a tornado that hit about 1/4 mile south from my home Sat night. Skipped over us and hit a middle school about 1.5 miles north. 

It was pretty intense 10 minutes, I swear I felt my ears pop, but it may have anxiety kicking in. 

Nestor spawned a tornado that hit about 1/4 mile south from my home Sat night. Skipped over us and hit a middle school about 1.5 miles north. 

It was pretty intense 10 minutes, I swear I felt my ears pop, but it may have anxiety kicking in. 
Wow, I imagine that was pretty intense.  Glad it skipped over you.

Users who are viewing this thread