What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Corey Davis or AJ Brown Dynasty and Redraft (1 Viewer)

Dezbelief

Footballguy
Who has the better 2019 stats Corey Davis or AJ Brown? Who has better long term value? Can Tennessee and Mariota create/sustain good fantasy numbers for one or both? Do we draft AJ Brown this year and hope Mariota is gone soon?

I took Brown at pick 9 due to the value there (I also had picks 7-10, so he wasn't my only pick).

I also own Davis

I had Brown as my top WR pre NFL draft, and by a decent margin too. Call me crazy, but I think TEN/MM can sustain good fantasy numbers for both, and the reason for that is Delanie Walker. He has defied the test of time, still performing at a high level, but I think AJ Brown can step into that role of the possession WR and Davis can be the deeper threat. Now, that doesn't mean AJ Brown and Davis are both WR1s, but I think there is some capacity there to start both, even at a flex position, at some point this year.

Obviously I'm hoping MM either gets it together or is gone in 2020. I plan to start Corey Davis as my WR2/3 at first and see how things go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynasty? Definitely Brown. Not saying Davis is a bust but he sure hasn't shown much, excuses or not. I guess you have to take Davis in redraft first though. 

Unfortunately, the Titans have a decent team outside of Mariota and the OCs. Can't see them being in position to draft a qb anytime soon. I was a fan of his coming out but it's been disappointing to say the least. 

Easily Brown for me. Davis has underwhelmed, even though he has been force fed the opportunity. 

Not a good situation for either of them but it's worse for AJ Brown and he's not as good so for me it's Corey Davis.

I'd say Davis by a wide margin in both redraft and dynasty. Then again, I think Davis is the most talented WR to come out of college football over the last 4 years. It hasn't clicked yet, but that doesn't mean it won't. He's only 24. He's shown flashes of becoming a guy who can take over games, its just a matter of doing it consistently. He hasn't been helped by having a new OC every year of his career, and the jury is still out on Mariota, but Davis feels like a pretty superior talent to Brown to me.

I think Brown was probably the biggest loser on draft weekend. There was a scenario where I could have justified him as high as #2 overall, but now, I think he's barely a 1st rounder. I worry that Brown will be a bit of an afterthought this year, not only behind Davis, but behind new addition Humphries, and the returning Walker. 

I'd say Davis by a wide margin in both redraft and dynasty. Then again, I think Davis is the most talented WR to come out of college football over the last 4 years. It hasn't clicked yet, but that doesn't mean it won't. He's only 24. He's shown flashes of becoming a guy who can take over games, its just a matter of doing it consistently. He hasn't been helped by having a new OC every year of his career, and the jury is still out on Mariota, but Davis feels like a pretty superior talent to Brown to me.

I think Brown was probably the biggest loser on draft weekend. There was a scenario where I could have justified him as high as #2 overall, but now, I think he's barely a 1st rounder. I worry that Brown will be a bit of an afterthought this year, not only behind Davis, but behind new addition Humphries, and the returning Walker. 
Bet on talent always. Situations change. Especially for 21 year olds. 

Neither? Tennessee is a team I am trying to avoid from a fantasy standpoint. Sure, value is value so if they fall they could be high on their return but I won’t be reaching for either. 

Users who are viewing this thread