What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is DJT suffering from a neurological condition? (1 Viewer)

Ruffrodys05

IBL Representative
I rarely start a thread so forgive me if this is a Honda or I somehow mess up the formatting or any other goof.....

My wife brought the subject of DJT/syphilis up with me last week. She mentioned an article she had read via a FB link. Seeing as I loathe Facebook I listened to her and then shrugged it off. Yet I found myself curious.

This article attempts to address the possibility of neurosyphilis being the root cause of DJT's behavioral issues:

The New Republic, A Medical Theory for DJT's Bizarre Behavior, February 17, 2017

https://newrepublic.com/article/140702/medical-theory-donald-trumps-bizarre-behavior 

There are others but, they're less than reputable I suppose:

STDcheck, Does DJT Have Syphilis?, April 4, 2018, a blog

https://newrepublic.com/article/140702/medical-theory-donald-trumps-bizarre-behavior

Salon, Something Is Seriously Wrong With DJT, March 6, 2019, an opinion piece

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/06/something-is-seriously-wrong-with-donald-trump-lets-stop-kidding-ourselves-about-that/

And there is also this theory:

Breitbart, Chuck Lorre Claims DJT May Have Brain Damage, May 4, 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/05/04/big-bang-theory-creator-chuck-lorre-claims-trump-has-brain-damage-untreated-syphilis/amp/ 

And, this one, in which the title is misleading:

The Atlantic, Is There Something Neurologically Wrong With DJT?, January 3, 2018

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/548759/ 

I don't put any stock into the STDcheck or Salon pieces as they are partisan hack pieces. I don't find Lorre's theory credible either. I don't have an opinion on the Atlantic piece other than it raises other questions to consider about the role of government in ensuring a presidents mental health stability. I do think that it's within the realm of possibilities to suspect and speculate whether DJT is suffering from a neurological condition and possibly neurosyphilis specifically though.

I'm not looking to argue. Wondering if others have come across this as I hadn't until my wife brought it to my attention. Interested in others thoughts as I find it to be an interesting and plausible reason for his erratic and genuinely bizarre behavior. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well. I thought it was an interesting topic. What would anyone have the thread title be so as not to appear too "left leaning" yet still instigate discussion? I'll gladly change it.

Oh well. I thought it was an interesting topic. What would anyone have the thread title be so as not to appear too "left leaning" yet still instigate discussion? I'll gladly change it.
Somebody else will have to give you that answer. Personally I believe that any thread that attempts to focus on the possible mental illness of the current President is going to be viewed in a particular manner. 

But I will say that perhaps mentioning  syphilis didn’t exactly help your cause. 

Somebody else will have to give you that answer. Personally I believe that any thread that attempts to focus on the possible mental illness of the current President is going to be viewed in a particular manner. 

But I will say that perhaps mentioning  syphilis didn’t exactly help your cause. 
Edited. Acceptable?

Edited. Acceptable?
Lol no. 

You started a thread title with the words “DJT” and “syphilis”. And you’re asking if it’s acceptable???

i don’t care. I’m not reporting you or anything. But if you’re expecting serious discussion...

The article mentions Ivan the Terrible, Ivan the Freakin Terrible.  Now there is a list to be on.  I thought I had heard all of the bogeymen being invoked, but apparently not, not until one busts out the Ivan the Terrible stick. 

Lol no. 

You started a thread title with the words “DJT” and “syphilis”. And you’re asking if it’s acceptable???

i don’t care. I’m not reporting you or anything. But if you’re expecting serious discussion...
No, I wasn't expecting it. I was hoping for it. I honestly don't understand what would be reportable about this topic. I thought it worthy of discussion. If others don't feel that way, ok. I was hoping a discussion would ensue whereby I might become more informed or learn something. That's all.

Possibly but the most logical explanation is he's a spoiled brat that has been given everything he has wanted in his life. If he were still a registered democrat he would be the poster child for everything republicans claim to hate. 

Serious answer - no clue to the specific answer about neurosyphilis but I'd be careful about diagnosing anyone based on observation.

I've said for a while that Trump is "crazy" - I don't know if that's:

A. Crazy like a fox

B. Crazy like your drunk uncle at Thanksgiving

C. Legitimate crazy because of neurological issues

D. All of the above

I'm leaning towards D with a breakdown of A (20%), B (75%), C (5%).

Last edited by a moderator:
How are threads like this not deleted immediately?
The first post includes several articles from national publications, including one that you personally endorse.

If you disagree with what the articles have to say, why not speak up and explain why (instead of trying to shut down the speech of others)?

Trump's mental decline has been very obvious. It is absolutely worth discussing and debating the potential cause(s) of it.

The issue of Trump's neurological & psychiatric health has been discussed seriously in the Russia thread. Cobalt_27, a neuropsychologist chimed in. Trump's behavior and/or cognition would have to decline from prior levels before neurosyfilis or fronto-temporal type dementia would be considered. From what I've seen, he hasn't changed much. He just has a bigger and more visible platform. 

Trump's mental decline has been very obvious.
No problem. Based on his current OBVIOUS :lmao:  decline he will still be throwing zingers on twitter all the way through the end
Well, yeah. Increasing levels of anger and abusive behavior are classic signs of mental decline. The more he zings, the less control he has. You might think it's cool but it's actually a sign of a confused old man.

Well, yeah. Increasing levels of anger and abusive behavior are classic signs of mental decline. The more he zings, the less control he has. You might think it's cool but it's actually a sign of a confused old man.
Don't tell me that's the new angle to get him out of office. I mean you guys have struck out more often that Dave Kingman, on a pitch down the middle, with his eyes wide open. You gotta concentrate on producing some sort of viable candidate for the election instead of these crazy theories & plans because you are batting zero with them. It's time to switch gears.....not that it will work but it's become embarrassing at this point. On the other hand, you got no chance in 2020. Just take your medicine for the next 6 years and come up with a game plan in 2024.

Don't tell me that's the new angle to get him out of office. I mean you guys have struck out more often that Dave Kingman, on a pitch down the middle, with his eyes wide open. You gotta concentrate on producing some sort of viable candidate for the election instead of these crazy theories & plans because you are batting zero with them. It's time to switch gears.....not that it will work but it's become embarrassing at this point. On the other hand, you got no chance in 2020. Just take your medicine for the next 6 years and come up with a game plan in 2024.
Actually my point is that the very thing that you and so many of his supporters like so much -- the twitter attacks -- also happen to coincide with one of the potential signs of mental illness.

This thread is the perfect example of ********** Syndrome.

********* poster starts a thread because his apparently ********* wife "saw something on Facebook" rotflmao.

********* poster then Google's the *********** idea and finds a handful of radical left blogs that have discussed it, ergo this is a "serious topic" that "many people are talking about".

********* poster then plays dumb when called out on his ************.

And the cherry on top is the mods who have been banning people and deleting posts and threads for using the word ********* decide a thread on whether the president has syphilis because a low rent journalist reject who now blogs for a living said it may be true is perfectly fine? Yet another example of the lack of integrity around here. 

I'm going to start a "Is Michelle Obama a Transvestite" thread because someone on the internet said it could be true. Let's see how that goes over.

I don't think you can just armchair guess at something like neurosyphilis.

He without question has narcissistic personality disorder.  He literally checks every box of a potential diagnosis.

I disagree

********* poster starts a thread because his apparently ********* wife "saw something on Facebook" rotflmao.

She did, it's what got me thinking, and curious

********* poster then Google's the *********** idea and finds a handful of radical left blogs that have discussed it, ergo this is a "serious topic" that "many people are talking about".

I did Google the subject. I acknowledged a few links were suspect. I made no such claim that it was a serious topic nor did I insinuate that many people are talking about it. I literally just heard about this "theory" last week

Again, I'm curious what others think. I cannot nor do I want to play armchair doctor. I don't know if this theory is credible or not. It's why I'm asking for discussion

And the cherry on top is the mods who have been banning people and deleting posts and threads for using the word ********* decide a thread on whether the president has syphilis because a low rent journalist reject who now blogs for a living said it may be true is perfectly fine? Yet another example of the lack of integrity around here. 

The first article I linked was the impetus for the other articles linked. That first article is authored by Dr. Steven Beutler who has spent over 30 years practicing medicine, specializing in infectious diseases. Not a low rent journalist. I don't know if he's an expert on neurological conditions but in my opinion he makes a good case in the article

I'm going to start a "Is Michelle Obama a Transvestite" thread because someone on the internet said it could be true. Let's see how that goes over.

Feel free

Perhaps you think that you're being clever or funny here, but the sad fact is that you're insulting the owner of this forum. 

Joe is a proponent of the media bias chart. Comparing that chart to Ruffrody's links:

• New Republic is "News/Fair Interpretation Of The News" (Partisan Left)
  • The Atlantic is "News/Fair Interpretation Of The News" (Skews Left)
  • Breitbart is "Extreme Right"
None of them fit your description of a "radical left blog". The fact is that Ruffrody did exactly what the moderators have repeatedly asked us to do -- he went to websites that are known for providing fair interpretations of the news, and provided links.

As for your threat to start a thread about Michelle Obama -- go ahead and try to find an equivalent article in any of the yellow-bordered media outlets on Joe's chart. Preferably one with authoritative analysis from respected scientific or medical professionals. Good luck.

This thread isn't what some folks are claiming it is but, if the mods decide to lock or hide it then so be it. If not, discussion is encouraged.

No, I wasn't expecting it. I was hoping for it. I honestly don't understand what would be reportable about this topic. I thought it worthy of discussion. If others don't feel that way, ok. I was hoping a discussion would ensue whereby I might become more informed or learn something. That's all.
I'd just like to give you kudos for not bringing up race. 

Yet

Users who are viewing this thread