What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are You Properly Compensated? (1 Viewer)

Are you paid fairly?

• I am paid fairly

Votes: 92 51.7%
  • I am underpaid

Votes: 39 21.9%
  • I am overpaid

Votes: 47 26.4%

• Total voters

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
When thinking about what is required for your job, are you paid fairly? You can include whatever terms you want to apply concerning benefits. 

Pretty surprised at the amount of people that say they are overpaid. Thats cool to see. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted underpaid, based on salary surveys conducted by my professional association. It's only a few percent, though.

But when you consider all the fires I put out and everything else I do to improve cash flow, I am working cheap.

I based my answer on the feedback our HR dept gives us where we rank in our field - it’s possible I’m being lied to but I don’t think so - I’m right around the average.

Overpaid based solely on how much time I’m here while at work
Good point - is the question based on us as individuals or based on our roles.  Some days I’m underpaid, some over but most days I’m fairly compensated for the work I do.

Good point - is the question based on us as individuals or based on our roles.  Some days I’m underpaid, some over but most days I’m fairly compensated for the work I do.
I’m a consultant so I do things clients don’t know how or want to do.  I’m overpaid and feel very lucky for that.  Ultimately I loathe my company and the hoops they make me jump through.  I figure my quality time at FBGs is sort of like a personal profit sharing plan.

I am paid about right for what I do currently, but I just started here a month ago.

If things go according to our plan, I will be underpaid by the end of the year and I hope to have that recognized and addressed at my annual review next Spring.

Grossly underpaid--but I do love my staff, customers and job--so I'm content.   I've been investing in real estate to supplement what I make with passive income--and I will continue down that path so that I can start working less.  

Some of the work I do I'm probably a bit overpaid for.  Some of the work I have done though I have been grossly underpaid for. Overall I think I'm fairly compensated though. 

Voted underpaid, based on salary surveys conducted by my professional association. It's only a few percent, though.

But when you consider all the fires I put out and everything else I do to improve cash flow, I am working cheap.
+1 to all....

A couple years ago I was underpaid as a java developer working a very stressful job in the financial services industry.

Then I was fairly paid as a contract java developer in a somewhat stressful job in the financial services industry.

Now I'm slightly overpaid as a  government contract java developer in a low stress job in the defense industry. 

A year ago I would have said no but the company has put some serious investments into me both financially and quality of life wise.  I was given a 15% raise with a 10-25% bonus (based on company performance) and was allowed to hire a manager underneath me to help take some of the day to day burden off of my plate.  I'm extremely happy with where I'm at right now and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm appropriately compensated.

I guess in terms of subject matter expertise...about right.  In terms of time spent actually working...overpaid

How does one determine their value? I think my job is pretty easy and am paid a wage which affords a comfortable lifestyle. But it all seems pretty arbitrary. Compared to those working my job in other parts of the country, my pay is like 25th percentile, but internationally I earn far more than others in the same field.

I voted overpaid.

As a director or operations im in the middle.

Some days im an overpaid babysitter other days im an underpaid do/be involved in everything ### #### thing needed to keep most aspects of the business running from day to day.

Overall i feel im paid fairly.

I voted fairly.  I wouldn’t mind some extra cash but I certainly don’t feel underpaid 

theres also a lot of days where I don’t really do anything
This is where I'm at. When it's busy, it's really busy but on the other days, it's pretty laid back. I would always take more money but I can't complain at what I'm getting now. Talk to me 2 or 3 years ago and it's be a different story. I was getting severely short changed compared to my peers.

Way Underpaid based on my grade level and time with the Corp compared to my peers from what I can gather. 

Due to restructuring last year I had a new mgr.   He was looking at his salary spreadsheet and he was calling out salaries 10-20% higher than mine.  He wasn't saying names just reading off amounts until he came to  my salary. When he eventually came to me he laughed and said "boy you're getting screwed".  Speaks volumes to me about how my company "values" me  

Way Underpaid based on my grade level and time with the Corp compared to my peers from what I can gather. 

Due to restructuring last year I had a new mgr.   He was looking at his salary spreadsheet and he was calling out salaries 10-20% higher than mine.  He wasn't saying names just reading off amounts until he came to  my salary. When he eventually came to me he laughed and said "boy you're getting screwed".  Speaks volumes to me about how my company "values" me  
You should have kicked that guy in the balls.

Overpaid. Since we finished a massive project here at my job, there isn't that much to do, yet at the same time there needs to be two of us in this role so I'm safe. Plus I have the side hustles going on which helps a ton. Life is good. 

I went with fairly compensated. 

Made a move almost 6 years ago to a more challenging role in a different company but at the same pay. That move has paid off in spades as this year my salary will end up around 50% more than when I made the move. As a bonus I really enjoy my job most of the time. (There is always bull#### with any job, but my current role seems to minimize that primarily due to good leadership above me.)

I read the title too quickly and thought it said "Are you properly constipated?"  I stopped by to see what the definition of "properly constipated" was, I guess I'll never know...  :kicksrock:

As a director or operations im in the middle.

Some days im an overpaid babysitter other days im an underpaid do/be involved in everything ### #### thing needed to keep most aspects of the business running from day to day.

Overall i feel im paid fairly.
We are in vastly different roles, but I have the same feelings.  There are times where I feel like I should be paid double, but others where I feel like I'm getting paid to do nothing.  So it all balances out, I think.  

From a high level I feel I’m paid fairly. When I break down my salary to an hourly wage equivalent, it feels crazy that I make that much.   Money made during my bathroom stall breaks are serious business. 

I read the title too quickly and thought it said "Are you properly constipated?"  I stopped by to see what the definition of "properly constipated" was, I guess I'll never know...  :kicksrock:
Well if you ain't going all the time you have more time on the job.

Free cheese and peanut butter in the break room!

This is job specific but in my current gig which I've been with for 7 years, I'd say I'm overpaid.    I'd gladly ride this out for another 18 years until I plan to retire.   

I’m currently a stay-at-home Dad to a toddler. Does that qualify as fairly paid or underpaid? In my previous position as a restaurant manager I was without a doubt underpaid. 

I'm paid fairly but if I'm honest I'm severly overpaid babysitter.  I've had months where I haven't had a patient.

Users who are viewing this thread