Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

Goodbye Sarah Sanders

Let’s all congratulate her on a job done.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Opinions and facts aren’t the same thing.

Agreed.

Fact - Mueller could not conclude Trump conspired with Russia

Fact - Schiff still claims Trump colluded

Fact - Schiff is a liar

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)

One of the many great things about this Administration is how many women our President has empowered compared to previous administrations.   Truly a champion of women and Ms. Sanders is one of many that have done a fine job.  

I hope it’s not some latent misogyny coming out in these negative posts.

Edited by knowledge dropper
  • Laughing 2

Not sure who is/was worse...Sanders or KAC?

And actually just thinking about it makes me want to hurl.

1 hour ago, timschochet said:
2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

:lmao:

My statement wasn't meant to be hyperbole. I honestly can't think of any public official in the history of this nation who has lied more often, on more subjects, than this woman and her boss. But you're certainly welcome to come up with someone I haven't considered.

The problem with this statement Tim is that Trump, while a world class liar on scale, is also a really bad liar so his lies are obvious.  There are most certainly better and bigger liars in our political history, they were just better at it, or at least less obvious.  

42 minutes ago, jonessed said:

Tough job.  I thought she did pretty well all considering.

She admitted to lying in her press briefs - how on earth is that "pretty well" for a Presidential spokesperson?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Agreed.

Fact - Schiff is a liar

LOL.  No wonder Trump is POtUS with logic like this. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The country’s loss is Arkansas gain.   Thanks for your valuable service exposing the Fourth Estate.  :thumbup:

I doubt you realize just how illuminating this post is.

The fact that you viewed Sanders' role as that of an antagonist -- someone whose mission was not to provide information to the public, but to expose the "enemy" -- provides valuable insight into the mind of conservatives in general, and Trump supporters in particular.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, jonessed said:

Wow.  I usually disagree with you jonessed, but didn’t consider you one of those.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

She was better at lying than the Iraqi Information Minister.

Both were obviously lying non-stop, but she also kept attacking others just as the GOPers like it. Pretty impressive (and soulless).

Edited by BigSteelThrill

2 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

And that “proof” of 1 lie makes him the biggest liar in our political history.  In fact it “takes the cake”.  

Glad to hear we’ve had such a honest political history.  So I guess there really were WMD’s in Iraq.  

5 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Coming from the guy who said Trump is killing our 401ks I will gladly not listen to your logic.

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

And that “proof” of 1 lie makes him the biggest liar in our political history.  In fact it “takes the cake”.  

Glad to hear we’ve had such a honest political history.  So I guess there really were WMD’s in Iraq.  

No, there are many more I have listed in the PSF forum.  This one, however makes Schiff the worst partisan lying hack of the decade and he keeps lying about Russia because the feeble minded folks believe him and don't know any better.

17 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Agreed.

Fact - Schiff is a liar

Schiff is a liar because all humans lie but your first 2 facts don’t lead to number 3. Just like how the State of CA failed to prove OJ killed anyone but that doesn’t mean anyone claiming OJ is a murderer is lying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I have no clue why anybody would want that job under normal circumstances, being in that role for Trump is just that much worse.  As for her specifically, I have no respect for people that lie to cover up their bosses incompetence - she had a tough job but compromised her morals for the sake of being partisan - that’s how she should be remembered.

This makes an assumption that I’m not sure is fair to make. 

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

No, there are many more I have listed in the PSF forum.  This one, however makes Schiff the worst partisan lying hack of the decade and he keeps lying about Russia because the feeble minded folks believe him and don't know any better.

I can’t stand Schiff but this feels like a pot and kettle situation more than anything. A bunch of partisans saying whatever they think will sell and their fans eating it up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Schiff is a liar because all humans lie but your first 2 facts don’t lead to number 3. Just like how the State of CA failed to prove OJ killed anyone but that doesn’t mean anyone claiming OJ is a murderer is lying. 

Wrong, as a head of the intel committee he routinely lied and said he had direct proof that Trump colluded with Russia.  This was before the Mueller report came out.  He was so sure Trump colluded he made #### up and lied to the American people.  After Mueller report came out instead of eating crow he continued to lie and spit out garbage.

He is the worst politician in Congress right now and it isn't close.

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

Wrong, as a head of the intel committee he routinely lied and said he had direct proof that Trump colluded with Russia.  This was before the Mueller report came out.  He was so sure Trump colluded he made #### up and lied to the American people.  After Mueller report came out instead of eating crow he continued to lie and spit out garbage.

I think Gym Jordan is a lot worse

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Nothing I said is wrong

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Nothing I said is wrong

Understood that 1 and 2 do not lead to 3 but all 3 are facts.

38 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Agreed.

Fact - Schiff is a liar

You clearly didn’t take logic classes in college.  Yikes.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

That's not how it works

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Right, which I said. 

Edited by Ilov80s

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to replace her.  Press briefings obviously aren’t a priority.  Maybe they go months without.

38 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

The problem with this statement Tim is that Trump, while a world class liar on scale, is also a really bad liar so his lies are obvious.  There are most certainly better and bigger liars in our political history, they were just better at it, or at least less obvious.  

Not sure about this. There are certainly other politicians who told countless lies on big subjects, but the thing that separates Trump from the rest if that he lies about everything. I would think most people who are really good liars have the intelligence and discipline to avoid lying about the most trivial stuff. I don't think even the worst of the worst pathological liars continuously lie about small and unimportant stuff at the level Trump does, and that's probably what puts him over the top versus any other politician. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, turnerj0 said:

Not sure about this. There are certainly other politicians who told countless lies on big subjects, but the thing that separates Trump from the rest if that he lies about everything. I would think most people who are really good liars have the intelligence and discipline to avoid lying about the most trivial stuff. I don't think even the worst of the worst pathological liars continuously lie about small and unimportant stuff at the level Trump does, and that's probably what puts him over the top versus any other politician. 

Fair point.  

44 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I doubt you realize just how illuminating this post is.

The fact that you viewed Sanders' role as that of an antagonist -- someone whose mission was not to provide information to the public, but to expose the "enemy" -- provides valuable insight into the mind of conservatives in general, and Trump supporters in particular.

:shrug:

I just saw how the liberal press treated this powerful woman. That was very enlightening.  

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

I can't say I will miss her. So many lies told on a daily basis. Of course, she will always be most remembered for admitting to Robert Mueller that when she told the press that she had been told by numerous FBI officials that they were happy that Jim Comey had been fired, she made it up out of whole cloth.

Other than the President himself,  I don't believe there has ever been a more dishonest public official in the history of this country.

Is she by definition a public official or a bureaucrat?  She is not elected, she was appointed, I suppose she headed that effort but is it a Department?  Close call.  Of course that has nothing to do with her having a prominent position, a position which should be a position of trust, and being an inveterate liar. 

Sorry for the tangent, words fascinate me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Mooch! Mooch!! Mooch!!!

The only highlight of the trump administration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonessed said:

Usually you present your opinions with a sliver of plausibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayG said:

How many Scaramuccis did she last?

This should be the new standard measurement for length of term at that position.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Is she by definition a public official or a bureaucrat?  She is not elected, she was appointed, I suppose she headed that effort but is it a Department?  Close call.  Of course that has nothing to do with her having a prominent position, a position which should be a position of trust, and being an inveterate liar. 

Sorry for the tangent, words fascinate me. 

Good question but I thought that bureaucrats are public officials. She’s not a politician (yet). 

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

One of the many great things about this Administration is how many women our President has empowered compared to previous administrations.   Truly a champion of women and Ms. Sanders is one of many that have done a fine job.  

I stopped laughing once I realized this isn’t schtick.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, turnerj0 said:

Exactly.  Which is why I believe Trump doesn’t even know when he is lying.  He has been doing it for so long that the “truth”, as we understand that term, has no normative meaning in Trump’s world.   

It is true in his mind.  

Manigault, Nielsen, Yates, Brand night say otherwise.

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

This makes an assumption that I’m not sure is fair to make. 

Which part?

Another horrible, pathological liar leaves the White House to be replaced by someone even worse. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Another horrible, pathological liar leaves the White House to be replaced by someone even worse. 

That's a big step down for Schiff.

1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

Agreed.

Fact - Schiff is a liar

Fact. Mueller saying that doesn’t refute what Schiff has said.

Also...that is far far far fewer lies than Trump or Sanders.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sand said:

That's a big step down for Schiff.

Next time you make a joke, try to be actually funny instead of parroting talking points from the most dishonest parts of the right wing media

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Was going to point this out, but considered the source....hard pass.

:shrug:

I just saw how the liberal press treated this powerful woman. That was very enlightening.  

I will agree that a lot of the comments made about her appearance were awful.

However, she deserved all the criticism and more for her performance as Press Secretary 

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

She admitted to lying in her press briefs - how on earth is that "pretty well" for a Presidential spokesperson?

Considering who her boss is, she probably walked a fine line through most of her tenure.

53 minutes ago, pecorino said:

I stopped laughing once I realized this isn’t schtick.

Yep.  Just ask him about the victims accusing Trump of sexual assualt of you want his real views on women

5 minutes ago, jonessed said:

Considering who her boss is, she probably walked a fine line through most of her tenure.

What “fine line”? She lied and obfuscatied over and over.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jonessed said:

She testified under oath to Mueller that she lied to the public to take heat off of Trump. That was probably the job description. 

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

She testified under oath to Mueller that she lied to the public to take heat off of Trump. That was probably the job description. 

Admitting to being a liar to own the libs