What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (1 Viewer)

From twitter - Kemba Walker will be a top target in free agency for the Lakers after they reached an agreement in principle to trade for Anthony Davis, according to league sources

Lakers are now 7-2 favorites at Caesars to win the 2020 NBA Championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
From twitter - Kemba Walker will be a top target in free agency for the Lakers after they reached an agreement in principle to trade for Anthony Davis, according to league sources
At least my purple Kemba jersey will be close enough :kicksrock:  

Wonder if the Pelicans are gunna flip some of these returns.
John Paxson supposedly likes Lonzo Ball and thinks he would fit in real well with the Bulls. He also claims LaVine, Markkanen and Carter Jr. are off-limits, so it doesn't seem likely anything can get done without one of those players being involved. 

Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42

The Lakers will have either $27.8M in room or $32.5M in room after this deal. All depends on the timing and if Davis waives his $4M trade bonus.

5:36 PM · Jun 15, 2019

I don’t think the Pelicans could have done much better.
Thought they did fantastic. They have endless options at this point.

Ahything from using 4 to attach to Hill/Moore and moving down.....then getting a high level FA (or acquire existing player under contract in that deal). They have a #### load of cap space if they rid of Hill and/or Moore and Jrue/Ball/Ingram/Williamson to build around.

Jrue + Ball + Ingram + Williamson is only around $50 million for the upcoming season.

EDIT: There's a going to be a ####load of interest in that 4 pick.

Glad that the Lakers got the deal done without having to take a bad contract back in return.  I thought Pelinka would give away everything and take back a bad deal too.  I wonder what number Davis will wear next season, as 23 is taken.

Thought they did fantastic. They have endless options at this point.

Ahything from using 4 to attach to Hill/Moore and moving down.....then getting a high level FA (or acquire existing player under contract in that deal). They have a #### load of cap space if they rid of Hill and/or Moore and Jrue/Ball/Ingram/Williamson to build around.

Jrue + Ball + Ingram + Williamson is only around $50 million for the upcoming season.

EDIT: There's a going to be a ####load of interest in that 4 pick.
Is Jrue/Ball/Ingram/Williamson the worst shooting team ever* assembled?

*Since 2018 Orlando Magic

Lakers are now 7-2 favorites at Caesars to win the 2020 NBA Championship.
happy for the Lakers that they got the guy they wanted, but i will be hammerring Lakers unders and fading Lakers galore for next year. What the hell does that team have left? I really hope it was Palinka and no Magic last year that made those moves. 

Balls daddy already crying. :lmao:  
Woj needed to add that the Lakers traded Lavar away as well.  That really helps the trade grade.

The Pels backcourt will be a defensive nightmare for opponents if Ball can stay healthy.  

under discussed point of that AD trade is the 3 1st round picks. Let's say Lebron shows more wear and tear this year, what the hell is AD going to do for the next 5 years there? 

2nd best part of the trade has to be the Celtics. That team has 7-8 seed written all over it for the next few years. Great job Ainge and Celtics' front office, way to show no balls to get any kind of quality player

under discussed point of that AD trade is the 3 1st round picks. Let's say Lebron shows more wear and tear this year, what the hell is AD going to do for the next 5 years there? 
He's a free agent after this upcoming season, he can jet.

LeBron from two years ago, I would say LA could have assembled the title favorite. I feel like with 2019 LeBron, some of the shine has worn off personality wise, if not talent wise, and it's going to be a little more difficult to assemble a legitimate roster around AD and LeBron, unlike the Heat from 8 years ago or whatever.

Given how teams now actively target the opposition's worst defensive player with PNR, and sag off a team's worst shooter to clog the lane, it'll be interesting to see how the 2 (3?) really good guys, one decent guy, and a bunch of filler approach works in 2019-2020. Certainly going to be an interesting experiment.

·

9m

The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN: No. 4 pick in 2019

Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22

Unprotected swap in ‘23

Unprotected first in ‘24

Unprotected swap in ‘25

·

9m

The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN: No. 4 pick in 2019

Unprotected swap in ‘23

Unprotected first in ‘24

Unprotected swap in ‘25
:lmao: no way LA wanted to lose that trade, but holy hell. way to doom your entire franchise

·

9m

Unprotected swap in ‘23

Unprotected first in ‘24

Unprotected swap in ‘25
That is insane. I was on the fence about this trade from LA's standpoint, but this will end Brooklyn bad, with even more bites at the apple for NO. As great as LeBron is, he sure seems to force franchises into bad decisions.

·

9m

Unprotected swap in ‘23

Unprotected first in ‘24

Unprotected swap in ‘25
Wow. LBJ will be 38 in 22. He will be 41 in 25. 

In other words, this is almost like the Nets to Celtics deal. Lakers are going to be awful from 2023 on.

Users who are viewing this thread