What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Republican Convention Thread for forum Republicans (1 Viewer)

Last month Pompeo issued a memo prohibiting State Department employees from engaging in "any partisan political activity"

This will be the first time in the history of the United States that an active Secretary Of State has spoken at a party convention.
The loyalty oaths, and firings or forced resignations of those that don't comply. The NDAs. The appointment of Barr and so many more that serve Trump's best interest instead of the American people like they are supposed to.  Most of their actions illegal and unconstitutional yet they are cheered by some. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunderlips said:
Got to admit about Haley though...lost a bit of respect for her last night when I found out that that's not her real name.  Don't be ashamed of your heritage, Nimrata. 

identikit said:
LOL

She goes by her middle name.

Like no one else does that.

🙄

I feel like using your middle name is a southern thing, I new a few people born in the south that do it. :shrug:
Beyond the middle name being a southern thing, "Nikki" isn't an uncommon Indian name (especially Punjabi). I am not ethnically Punjabi; but from what I have seen in India and here, they tend to be the most Anglicized of non Christian Indians (besides the turbans for men) and names like "Nikki," "Robby," "Jay," etc.

The focus on Haley's name and her ethnicity is interesting but her speech was anchored by a statement that America is not racist while just a short time later she spoke of the obstacles her parents faced and overcame because of their background. I'd think she could identify with Kamala Harris who told a similar tale, at least as to her mother.

If I were to entertain....just for a second....that the Republican way was the right way; and that Conservativism was the correct and good choice for the country.....why are so many of these politicians and pundits on that side so distasteful?

Jr., Sr. Paul, Hannity, Rush, Beck, Levin, Tucker......Gaetz and Jordan.  Where are the Conservatives and Republicans who you would like to be friends with and who you would admire?

If I were to entertain....just for a second....that the Republican way was the right way; and that Conservativism was the correct and good choice for the country.....why are so many of these politicians and pundits on that side so distasteful?

Jr., Sr. Paul, Hannity, Rush, Beck, Levin, Tucker......Gaetz and Jordan.  Where are the Conservatives and Republicans who you would like to be friends with and who you would admire?
Cuomo, Stelter, Acosta, Todd, Lemon, Behar, Maddow, Sharpton, Hillary, Pelosi, Nadler, Shumer, Waters, Talib...now there's a group you would really like to have some beers with.

Cuomo, Stelter, Acosta, Todd, Lemon, Behar, Maddow, Hillary, Pelosi, Nadler, Shumer, Waters, Talib...now there's a group you would really like to have some beers with.
 I really don't know many of those people. I really only watch FOX and listen to Conservative radio.  

I don't think there's many pulling for Hillary these days.

Pelosi is a career politician who, I assume, is effective at her job....otherwise she wouldn't have gotten it back.

I don't really pay attention to Shumer.

Where are the Conservatives who preach a good message though?  Scott did decent last night.  Haley wasn't bad. Are there any others?  

China retaliated against these moves by reducing imports of a range of American-made products, largely agricultural, which created a political problem for Trump because rural voters are one of his important constituents. 
There's that 'thinking one move ahead' thing again.

I really don't know many of those people. I really only watch FOX and listen to Conservative radio.  

I don't think there's many pulling for Hillary these days.

Pelosi is a career politician who, I assume, is effective at her job....otherwise she wouldn't have gotten it back.

I don't really pay attention to Shumer.

Where are the Conservatives who preach a good message though?  Scott did decent last night.  Haley wasn't bad. Are there any others?  
If you don't like conservatives why are you listening to their radio and watching Fox and not knowing any of the liberal personalities?

If you don't like conservatives why are you listening to their radio and watching Fox and not knowing any of the liberal personalities?
Because I don't need to live in an echo chamber. I constantly question my opinions on politics and the only way to really do it is to listen to those who have opposing views.  To that, I really haven't heard any Conservative pundits who seem like decent people.  They're all whiners who have shifted their ideology to suit whomever was in power.  Pretty much all of them argue from a foundation of sand.

Politically wise; there have been several that I've felt were decent; McCain, Romney.....I thought Rubio was interesting pre-Trump.  Believe it or not, I actually respected Pat Buchanans commitment to his beliefs (no manner how wrong I thought he was).  I thought **** Cheney was interesting.  I thought Huckabee (pre FOX) seemed sincere. I've even said I'd be fine with Pence in the WH over Trump.

Because I don't need to live in an echo chamber. I constantly question my opinions on politics and the only way to really do it is to listen to those who have opposing views.  To that, I really haven't heard any Conservative pundits who seem like decent people.  They're all whiners who have shifted their ideology to suit whomever was in power.  Pretty much all of them argue from a foundation of sand.

Politically wise; there have been several that I've felt were decent; McCain, Romney.....I thought Rubio was interesting pre-Trump.  Believe it or not, I actually respected Pat Buchanans commitment to his beliefs (no manner how wrong I thought he was).  I thought **** Cheney was interesting.  I thought Huckabee (pre FOX) seemed sincere. I've even said I'd be fine with Pence in the WH over Trump.
Good for you for having an open mind but I think if you started watching the liberal  pundits you will see that they share the same traits that you disdain.

What an embarrassment that situation was...the attacks that kid received from "adults" was despicable.
They attempted to ruin that kid's life.  If that other footage hadn't showed up, can you imagine what his future would be when it came time to look for a job?

Beyond the middle name being a southern thing, "Nikki" isn't an uncommon Indian name (especially Punjabi). I am not ethnically Punjabi; but from what I have seen in India and here, they tend to be the most Anglicized of non Christian Indians (besides the turbans for men) and names like "Nikki," "Robby," "Jay," etc.
Ricky. Friend of mine in college was Indian and his given name was "Ricky."

Users who are viewing this thread