What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If the Republicans win the House this fall (as expected) (1 Viewer)

Oh, cool, so they'll make something up just like the Democrats did.  

I don't understand why this bothers you at all - the Democrats did the same thing from 2016-2020.  Just made stuff up to "get"  Trump.  They didn't actually put "We hate Trump" and "Revenge for Hillary Loss" in their articles of impeachment either, but made up something else so it sounded official-like.   :shrug:

Two can play at that game. 
Because your claims that they just made it up just aren’t reality.

Part of the "making stuff up strategy" is also overblowing anything else to make it look really, really bad.  If there is one thing we know about the left, it's that they're highly emotional and easily riled up.  They'll believe anything if you put enough fake outrage modifiers on it and/or string a bunch of "OMG!"'s to it as well (the exclamation point is KEY for max effectiveness).

Also see The Dossier if you need more convincing.

I rest my case.  :shrug:
The dossier was not part of wither impeachment…nor the conclusions of Mueller’s report.

Even the best search engines today would come to a screeching halt trying to dig through all of Tim's post. 🙂
Yeah but I don’t generally make predictions like “The Republicans don’t have a chance!” like he’s claiming. So I doubt I ever wrote anything like that. 

Most of my predictions are more like “I think this could very possibly happen, but it might not, it could easily go the other way too, then again I think it might go down this way, possibly? But I’m not 100% sure…” you get the idea. 

Asking someone to search 155K posts.  That's funny
Even better is the one time I bumped a post exposing his untruth he was very upset….it was back in his favorite NY governor thread. No use in putting him through that again but man is it priceless to see him walk it back in this thread as we all remember it. For die hards to acknowledge this is coming shows they also realize how poorly their party is performing. 

Even better is the one time I bumped a post exposing his untruth he was very upset….it was back in his favorite NY governor thread. No use in putting him through that again but man is it priceless to see him walk it back in this thread as we all remember it. For die hards to acknowledge this is coming shows they also realize how poorly their party is performing. 
I don’t think they’re performing badly. I think their messaging is awful. But I would give Biden a pretty overall good grade at this point. 

Not sure what I’m walking back. I was a pretty big Cuomo fan until I learned more about him. I liked his politics and still do. 

Holy smokes...even my liberal friends think it's been a #### show.   

This take is, shall we say, "unique."
I don’t know why they think that. The economy is booming, and many economists believe it’s because of the spending that the Democrats pushed through. I realize that this is a Keynesian idea that is not going to be popular with many conservatives; but nonetheless deficit spending in times of recession seems to work.
Biden failed to get the BBB through but the infrastructure bill is a pretty big deal: Trump tried for 4 years to get one, even had bipartisan support to do so, and kept screwing it up. Biden got it in his first year! That will go down as a fine accomplishment.  
Biden has removed most of the calamitous tariffs that Trump stupidly put up, and our farmers have reaped the rewards. Trade is up like never before. It appears now that Russia won’t invade the Ukraine, and if so that is mainly because Biden managed in one short year to reforge our ties to Germany, France, and the rest of NATO which Trump worked so hard and foolishly to sever. Specifically Biden got Germany to agree to shut down their gas pipeline if Putin moves, and that has made him hesitate. Another major victory. 

Inflation is bad. The Afghanistan pullout, a necessary and good idea, went poorly. His messaging is awful, as I wrote. Conservatives don’t like his border policies (I do). So there are plenty of flaws; nowhere near a perfect record. But #### show? I hardly think so. 

I can see the argument for a C.   If you don't mind the current immigration policies and are pleased with the economy etc.   

I don't agree with that grade, but I can at least see the argument.
On immigration: the Trump policies (and Obama before that) were inhumane. The supposed reward of having a more secure border (I say supposed because I am challenged to figure out how it actually helps us) is nowhere near worth the price of treating children and innocent people in the fashion we did. Obama was awful and Trump was far far worse. Biden has tried to make things a little better and for that I applaud him. It’s still not perfect. Now conservatives are complaining that it’s too loose again. I say let it be loose. 

The economy is booming, and many economists believe it’s because of the spending that the Democrats pushed through. I realize that this is a Keynesian idea that is not going to be popular with many conservatives; but nonetheless deficit spending in times of recession seems to work.

Yeah, any other President our lifetime gets similar results.  I don't give him credit here.  Not to mention they waited way too long on QE and rate cuts, causing inflation.   He gets zero credit from me here.

Biden failed to get the BBB through but the infrastructure bill is a pretty big deal: Trump tried for 4 years to get one, even had bipartisan support to do so, and kept screwing it up. Biden got it in his first year! That will go down as a fine accomplishment.  

I think this is a TBD, so much taxpayer money has been wasted over the years with liberal pork and big spending agendas.  I hope it's successful, but I'm not holding my breath...this is a big TBD for me.   

Biden has removed most of the calamitous tariffs that Trump stupidly put up, and our farmers have reaped the rewards. Trade is up like never before.

China goes unchecked by this administration and we are going to pay dearly for it.   This may be a short term economic benefit for long term damage.   Another TBD IMHO.

It appears now that Russia won’t invade the Ukraine, and if so that is mainly because Biden managed in one short year to reforge our ties to Germany, France, and the rest of NATO which Trump worked so hard and foolishly to sever. Specifically Biden got Germany to agree to shut down their gas pipeline if Putin moves, and that has made him hesitate. Another major victory. 

this situation is far from over, claiming a victory here is way too premature.  And Trump getting Europe to pay for their own defense is exactly what should happen now and going forward.   Trump gets an A+ from where I stand on all all things NATO related.   Russia is not even taking these actions if we didn't have a weak leader in office.    This is not even a thing with Trump in office.

Inflation is bad.

Already addressed, devestating for middle class Americans trying to make ends meet.  Shame on Biden and his economic advisors.

The Afghanistan pullout, a necessary and good idea, went poorly. His messaging is awful, as I wrote.

yeah, it was a disaster.   Messaging has nothing to do with it.   You can't put lipstick on a pig.  A major #### up.

Conservatives don’t like his border policies (I do). So there are plenty of flaws; nowhere near a perfect record. But #### show? I hardly think so.
Now this is a philosophical issue similar to abortion IMHO.  Conservatives don't like the current tact at all, liberals are fine with it.  We'll just agree to disagree here.

Solid D- from me in just one year.  Worst one year of a Presidency that I can recall, and I'm no GW fan. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/25/david-purdue-joins-the-republican-war-on-truth-reject-it/

The GOP has made clear that it intends to run a “post-truth” campaign in the November elections. No Republican who goes along with this abominable strategy — no Republican who doesn’t publicly denounce it — deserves your vote. Not a single one of them. And this state of affairs can’t be blamed entirely on Trump.

Republicans tolerated Donald Trump’s lies for years. But this tendency to excuse mendacity shifted from bad habit to mortal sin with the party’s embrace of that “big lie” about the election Trump lost to Joe Biden. Perdue was especially brazen in the way he trumpeted the proven falsehood. But no less guilty are the many other Republicans who perpetuate it by mumbling about “irregularities” in the 2020 vote — or by remaining silent. Their complicity in the lie is not excused by the fact that Trump will try his best to end their careers if they dare speak the truth. They know the difference between right and wrong, and they are opting for personal gain over public service. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Republican elected officials have a choice and are choosing to lie. Voters must choose to send the liars home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread