What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (2 Viewers)

Woj:

Source: Kevin Durant will announce his free agent decision tonight on his company owned sports business network: instagram.com/theboardroom/
I thank him for making this quick.  I have a strange feeling he’s going back to GS for the 5 year package. 

Marc Stein @thesteinline

An undeniable vibe of confidence is emanating from Brooklyn as we speak: The Nets sure seem to believe they are getting Kevin Durant's commitment tonight to go with Kyrie Irving"s ... with DeAndre Jordan, Durant's close friend, to follow

3:21 PM · Jun 30, 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc Stein @thesteinline

An undeniable vibe of confidence is emanating from Brooklyn as we speak: The Nets sure seem to believe they are getting Kevin Durant's commitment tonight to go with Kyrie Irving"s ... with DeAndre Jordan, Durant's close friend, to follow

:IBTL:

The East will be stronger than the West if that happens and especially if Kawhi stays in TOR.

MIL, PHI, IND, BOS, TOR & BRK would all look formidable.

Marc Stein @thesteinline

Lol why Jordan.

Marc Stein @thesteinline

Also Garrett Temple with the room exception. Temple is a fine player but I’m surprised a new super team can’t do better with that space. 

Also Garrett Temple with the room exception. Temple is a fine player but I’m surprised a new super team can’t do better with that space. 
I’m guessing Jordan is the one who gets the room exception in this scenario.

ETA: nvm, seeing the reports about Temple. Would Jordan really come on the vet min?

@wojespn 

Brooklyn is making a clean sweep tonight: Brooklyn will sign Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN.
Nets have some very good complimentary players in place already.

Love Caris Lavert. I see a lot of Jimmy Butler in him.

I hope Kawhi goes west because Brooklyn is moving on up. Don't need a defending champ Toronto w Kawhi in that mix.

And he only will actually play 3 years of it. 
I really like KD as a player but that injury in basketball is usually a career ender. He'll still play and collect that check but we saw Derek Rose go from MVP level to 8th or 9th man off the bench. KD is a hall of famer but he will never be as good as he was again.

If the sixers don’t offer Jimmy the 5 year max, and Tobias his max, they are grossly negligent after what they gave up. Who could they get to replace them that would justify Shamet, Cov, and that Miami pick?

I really like KD as a player but that injury in basketball is usually a career ender. He'll still play and collect that check but we saw Derek Rose go from MVP level to 8th or 9th man off the bench. KD is a hall of famer but he will never be as good as he was again.
Rudy Gay recently came back and is just as good as before.  I think the idea that this is a career ender is outdated. 

Rudy Gay recently came back and is just as good as before.  I think the idea that this is a career ender is outdated. 
I agree what you are saying here, but KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gay.

So Gay comes back and plays well and puts up 15 a night, and it can be called a success. KD signing for that kind of money and with championship/MVP expectations he needs to put up LBJ/Jordan type numbers for it to be a complete comeback and I think the odds are stacked against that.

Woj:

Once free agency opens at 6 PM, All-Star Khris Middleton plans to return to the Milwaukee Bucks on a five-year, $178M contract, league sources tell ESPN. The deal is expected to include a player option on final year.

I think we knew this but more official now.

@wojespn

Kevin Durant and his business manager Rich Kleiman met with Warriors GM Bob Myers Sunday in New York and delivered him the news on the decision to leave Golden State, league sources tell ESPN. Rest of teams were informed later this today. Teams thought process was forthright.
Was Bob able to muster up some tears this time?

:lmao:  

:lmao:

@davidaldridgedc 

The Knicks, obviously punched in the gut, have to move on and build a squad. Expect them to go the depth route now, trying to sign several among vets like Julius Randle, Bobby Portis, George Hill, Reggie Bullock, others.

Users who are viewing this thread