What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breakdancing Looks to be in the 2024 Olympics (1 Viewer)

Team Competition

--------------------------------

Gold - Rock Steady Crew

Silver - New York City Breakers

Bronze - The Electric Boogaloos

Individual

-----------------

Gold - Richard "Crazy Legs" Colon

Silver - "Clark Kent"

Bronze - Santiago "Jo Jo" Torres

There is a serious lag time with the way out trends make it to the rest of the world.  Breakdancing could be peakingng in other countries decades after it did in the U.S.   God help us when they make it past the breakdancing, Baywatch, and Metallica.
So there's a fair chance that the USA won't be the favorite for gold?

Bowling should be in the Olmpics too before breakdancing.
Bowling is trying hard to get in.  Very political process.  Breakdancing skew more to the younger crowd.  Think X games type events that have been the rage in the Olympics recently.

I watched some cornhole championship on ESPN the other day.  Those people are seriously talented.  Why isn't that included?

This is such a stupid idea.  Let's leave the fake sports out of the Olympics and keep in the actual REAL sports.  Like, handball, luge, ice dancing, triple jump, hammer throw, and the hundreds of other REAL sports.

I’ve long championed breakdancing and like its inclusion in the Olympics.  Breakdancing is a perfect fusion and athleticism and artistry.  Is breakdancing really much different than the gymnastics floor routine which we all accept as part of the Olympics and is one of the Olympics most watched events?

I’ll also note that breakdancers are incredible athletes.  You need exceptional upper body strength, core control, and footwork.  You never see an out-of-shape breakdancer.  I’d venture to guess that top level breakdancers are better athletes than most Olympians in other events.

The FFA will only approve if they can make as much money off of it as they did for Dong Dong winning the trampoline.

Update June 25, 2019: The IOC Session voted approved the provisional inclusion of breakdancing, skateboarding, rock climbing, and surfing in the 2024 Paris Olympics, the IOC said in this news release.

“The four sports that Paris has proposed are all totally in line with Olympic Agenda 2020 because they contribute to making the programme more gender balanced and more urban, and offer the opportunity to connect with the younger generation,” IOC President Thomas Bach said in a statement. “The proposed sports are in line with these principles and enhance Paris 2024’s overall dynamic Games concept, which focuses on inclusivity, inspiring a new audience and hosting socially responsible Games.”

The IOC said that are the vote, no further sports can be put forward for inclusion on the sports programme of the Olympic Games Paris 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread