What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Psycho Customer Spamming My Mobile (1 Viewer)

Johnny Rock

Footballguy
Customer is pissed and didn’t like what I had to say about their situation. He thinks we should pay him for damages that he caused to his property.

Somehow he got my mobile number and has been calling hundreds of times. I’ve never answered because I recognized the number from dealing with him on my work line. After the first few I blocked the number. He immediately called anonymously and it comes up as No Caller ID.

Placed my phone on do not disturb, contacts only. I’ve never had to do that before because it restricts too much imo. There’s no other fix really.

I want to take the high road and ignore but I also want to give this guy a taste of his own medicine.

tldr: Customer is spamming my mobile. Retort?

I would like to hear the background of why the customer is pissed before I provide a snarky comment for or against you.

Thanks in advance.

ChiefD said:
I would like to hear the background of why the customer is pissed before I provide a snarky comment for or against you.

Thanks in advance.
Here’s an analogy. Imagine a Walmart customer who parks their car in the parking lot. While they’re inside, a heavy rainfall comes and there is a flash flood. The customer leaves and wades through 6” of water to get into his car. He then drives across the lot knowing there’s obviously lots of rain and standing water, but subsequently his car stalls. Water enters the interior of the vehicle due to the unexpected depth of the water, exacerbated by the fact his car is a low rider.

He thinks Walmart should pay for his car repairs because it’s their parking lot and if damage happens on their property, Walmart is liable. 

Customer is told, “No they’re not liable. Just because an accident happens on Walmart property doesn’t mean they’re liable. I understand where you’re coming from, but that’s what car insurance is for.”

He will have none of that bs. “Walmart makes tons of money. They can afford to fix my car.”

Management tells him they don’t see that happening. They’re sorry, but they can’t be responsible for what he does while driving his car.

So customer rants and raves, swears and calls management a racist.

Here’s an analogy. Imagine a Walmart customer who parks their car in the parking lot. While they’re inside, a heavy rainfall comes and there is a flash flood. The customer leaves and wades through 6” of water to get into his car. He then drives across the lot knowing there’s obviously lots of rain and standing water, but subsequently his car stalls. Water enters the interior of the vehicle due to the unexpected depth of the water, exacerbated by the fact his car is a low rider.

He thinks Walmart should pay for his car repairs because it’s their parking lot and if damage happens on their property, Walmart is liable. 

Customer is told, “No they’re not liable. Just because an accident happens on Walmart property doesn’t mean they’re liable. I understand where you’re coming from, but that’s what car insurance is for.”

He will have none of that bs. “Walmart makes tons of money. They can afford to fix my car.”

Management tells him they don’t see that happening. They’re sorry, but they can’t be responsible for what he does while driving his car.

So customer rants and raves, swears and calls management a racist.
Thank you. Based on this information, there is only one obvious solution:

Post that guy’s phone number here. 

If that analogy is close, then I might start assuming he’s driving without insurance. Anyone responsible enough to pay insurance would know parking lot rules. I mean how many signs have you see in parking lots with shopping carts that they aren’t responsible. 

You should answer each call, it might result in a productive conversation; if not the first time then definitely the second or the third, or any of the calls after that. Maybe.

You should answer each call, it might result in a productive conversation; if not the first time then definitely the second or the third, or any of the calls after that. Maybe.
I don’t think he knows 100% that it’s my mobile and I'd rather keep it that way. 

I’ve talked to him twice on a landline. The first ended with him swearing and ranting and raving. I told him there’s no need to yell and swear; we’re talking. 

Then he got my mobile. 

A little after that he called my landline again so I answered even though he didn’t deserve another interaction after his previous behavior. He’s 30 years old. I talked to him a second time and since it didn’t result in me promising money it ended again with a rant, swearing and calling me a racist.

Not going to be subjected to that. Buh-bye!  He doesn’t merit another conversation and surely not on my mobile on my time. 

Users who are viewing this thread