What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Protests in Puerto Rico- Governor resigns (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
100,000 people are expected today to demand the governor's resignation.

Meanwhile President Trump just chimed in: "I'm the best thing that ever happened to Puerto Rico!" 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I heard, pretty bad. Laughing about gay people, laughing about people dying in the hurricane. But that's a summary I heard on the radio just a short time ago. I have no details.
Covering up the numbers of death resulting from the hurricane and Trump's shamefully inadequate response.

Obviously this governor is very corrupt. But when we discuss Puerto Rico, we also have to discuss President Trump's involvement (or lack of it) because its central to what's going on there. It's not off topic. 

So let me understand.  this thread isn't about the protests in Puerto Rico but rather how Trump is acting / reacting etc to the protests.

Got it.   

As to whether or not this governor resigns...the news keeps saying he'll be forced to. But I remember hearing that about the Virginia governor as well, not too long ago. Somehow he's still there. (Of course, 250,000 Virginians didn't protest in the streets. Would that have made a difference?

As to whether or not this governor resigns...the news keeps saying he'll be forced to. But I remember hearing that about the Virginia governor as well, not too long ago. Somehow he's still there. (Of course, 250,000 Virginians didn't protest in the streets. Would that have made a difference?
Nah

So let me understand.  this thread isn't about the protests in Puerto Rico but rather how Trump is acting / reacting etc to the protests.

Got it.   
Why can't it be about both? I don't understand the criticism at all.

How do you feel about:

1. The governor of Puerto Rico being corrupt?

2. The failure of the White House to properly help Puerto Rico after the hurricane?

These two situations are interconnected.

Dems hanging tough.

Trump's at fault for Gov Rosselló's homophobic remarks too, I'm guessing...

timschochet said:
100,000 people are expected today to demand the governor's resignation.

Meanwhile President Trump just chimed in: "I'm the best thing that ever happened to Puerto Rico!" 
Well, in all fairness, he did personally help them overcome the critical paper towel shortage on their island after Maris.

timschochet said:
Why can't it be about both? I don't understand the criticism at all.

How do you feel about:

1. The governor of Puerto Rico being corrupt?

2. The failure of the White House to properly help Puerto Rico after the hurricane?

These two situations are interconnected.
Everything in one way or another is interconnected to the White House.  Instead of making new threads daily so you can rag on the President more, just rag on the president.  Oh wait, you already do that all day, everyday.   You're not interested in any intelligent debate ever unless it includes ragging on the president.  We get it..You're not planning to vote for him in 2020.  The shtick gets really old man.

Everything in one way or another is interconnected to the White House.  Instead of making new threads daily so you can rag on the President more, just rag on the president.  Oh wait, you already do that all day, everyday.   You're not interested in any intelligent debate ever unless it includes ragging on the president.  We get it..You're not planning to vote for him in 2020.  The shtick gets really old man.
OK. Lol. I had forgotten that I don't really like responding to you. Your next attempt at intelligent debate in this forum will be your first.  If you'd rather criticize me than discuss the issue at hand, that's on you. But in that case this will be my last response to you.

OK. Lol. I had forgotten that I don't really like responding to you. Your next attempt at intelligent debate in this forum will be your first.  If you'd rather criticize me than discuss the issue at hand, that's on you. But in that case this will be my last response to you.
Oh god you have promised that so many times...Please honor it this time.  

timschochet said:
Yes, he did, even though Trump has praised him in the past. But that was before this current situation blew up.
Well having some extended family from Puerto Rico and having been there many times all I can say is that Puerto Rico was a mess long before Trump and will be a mess long after.

Users who are viewing this thread