What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Upgrade from TB RBs to PIT RBs? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
12-team dynasty with IDPs.  Salary cap too.  Not PPR.

Current RBs (start 1-3):  Barber/Jones (Barber 1 year left, Jones 3) with fairly low hit on the cap ... Mixon, McCoy, Thompson... no RBs on DTS

Current WRs (start 2-4):  Cooks, Evans, Marvin Jones, Davis.... Harry on DTS along with Deebo Samuel and McLaurin

I was hoping to package a few IDPs (where I'm super strong) to upgrade from Barber/Jones to James Conner (and Samuels/Snell).  Conner has 2 years left with low cap hit

Instead, Conner owner wants Harry.  

Would you deal Harry to upgrade from the TB RBs to Conner, etc.?

I'd probably only do that if I were going for the win in the near future. You'd be mortgaging your WR future for not a huge upgrade. I think Conner is the best player in the short run in the deal but who knows with RBs and Samuels wasn't terrible filling in for him last year. That offense also lost Brown and no idea what it looks like yet. 

Not a fan of Jones but Barber is surprisingly solid and just added Bruce Arians. To get Conner back, I'd have a hard time parting with Harry for now, even though I had Conner last year and am a fan.

Would appreciate thoughts: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/777626-keeper-startup-who-to-draft-next/

Are you getting Conner and Samuels?  That is an easy accept.  You have good wr depth that are still young and although Harry should be good there is no guarantee.  You know Conner is good.  

Jayded said:
I'd probably only do that if I were going for the win in the near future. You'd be mortgaging your WR future for not a huge upgrade. I think Conner is the best player in the short run in the deal but who knows with RBs and Samuels wasn't terrible filling in for him last year. That offense also lost Brown and no idea what it looks like yet. 

Not a fan of Jones but Barber is surprisingly solid and just added Bruce Arians. To get Conner back, I'd have a hard time parting with Harry for now, even though I had Conner last year and am a fan.

Would appreciate thoughts: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/777626-keeper-startup-who-to-draft-next/
With Brown gone I think they'll be fine.  JuJu is legit.  I think Conner remains a huge part of that offense.

Barber seems "OK", but don't know what Arians being there does to him.  

I own Harry in another league so parting with him is a little easier.

I dunno.

Gally said:
 Are you getting Conner and Samuels?  That is an easy accept.  You have good wr depth that are still young and although Harry should be good there is no guarantee.  You know Conner is good.  
Kind of my feeling.

That being said ... I did leave this out of the OP... the guy wants some pick swaps on top of it (with me being the one giving up the higher picks).  I told him no dice on that.  Harry and the TB RBs for the PIT RBs is where I'll be.

Would help to know the full extent of the deal along with your complete roster.  That with standing the difference between the two backfields is huge!  The Bucs running back situation is garbage.  I would definitely be all for trading that for the Steelers Rb's assuming you could afford to give up those IDP, whom you failed to mention in your post.  Furthermore, I would also be perfectly comfortable packing Harry with the Bucs rbs for Connor and Samuels.  Either way, yes I'd definitely do it.

Users who are viewing this thread