What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Malone And The Redistriubtionists: A Product Of The Dark Oligarchical Ages Or An Argument For? (1 Viewer)

As usual, I can’t make heads or tales of what you’re talking about. After trying to read the link I’m even more confused, except for the strange fact that the writer of that review sounds amazingly like you. 
I'm thinking if ever there was an argument against "meritocratic" wealth that isn't inherited in some way, be it cognitively or by death, this is it. It's really an opportunity for me to concede that there may be compelling arguments for redistribution, and that the ever-growing and unconscionable wealth gap might be a thing. Consider it a chance for some prime class warfare against the nouveau riche in here. 

As for the writer, I couldn't even read that drivel. SHOWS WHAT YOU NO.

Not really my thing, but I recognize the talent.  Guy writes amazing hooks and the music is instantly recognizable, even when he has Ozzy singing the track. 

As for the review, the Red Hot Chili Peppers comparison seems a whole lot less clever once you recall that Post Malone played on stage with them at the Grammys:  https://youtu.be/Q2r8luTFKE4

Not really my thing, but I recognize the talent.  Guy writes amazing hooks and the music is instantly recognizable, even when he has Ozzy singing the track. 

As for the review, the Red Hot Chili Peppers comparison seems a whole lot less clever once you recall that Post Malone played on stage with them at the Grammys:  https://youtu.be/Q2r8luTFKE4
Yeah, I drafted "White Iverson" in the Blue-Eyed Soul category of the very first Genrepalooza in '15 or '16 or so. I thought it was a cheeky pick, and he turned out to just blow up. The point really was, late night, is his talent commensurate with wealth like that? Is that what we want? Is it equitable? Is it meritocratic?

Perhaps the review is throwing people. I'll have to read it again, as I only skimmed it cursorily. 

Yeah, I drafted "White Iverson" in the Blue-Eyed Soul category of the very first Genrepalooza in '15 or '16 or so. I thought it was a cheeky pick, and he turned out to just blow up. The point really was, late night, is his talent commensurate with wealth like that? Is that what we want? Is it equitable? Is it meritocratic?

Perhaps the review is throwing people. I'll have to read it again, as I only skimmed it cursorily. 
Well, you’re not likely to get an objective response from me as I’m a musician and songwriter in my spare time. As far as I’m concerned, any time I see an artist making money off of his or her art, as opposed to the record industry pocketing the vast majority of those revenues, I’m a happy camper. 

Well, you’re not likely to get an objective response from me as I’m a musician and songwriter in my spare time. As far as I’m concerned, any time I see an artist making money off of his or her art, as opposed to the record industry pocketing the vast majority of those revenues, I’m a happy camper. 
Oh, I just meant the amount and that it was largely intellectual property, now expanded to nth degrees from what it once was, that is likely responsible for his wealth. Probably not the greatest thread, and I certainly don't mean to disparage artists or songwriters. I remarked to my friend circa 2008 that entertainment was our economy for the most part. Entertainment and service, really.

Probably a bad thread idea. Late night. 

Users who are viewing this thread