What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Metalheads: What are your favorite riffs? (1 Viewer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as deep into metal as most in this thread ... but I appreciated this call and the one for "Lay it Down". Warren DiMartini was an unsung master on the axe -- never hear his name anymore and hardly ever heard it back then.
DiMartini had a fantastic sound and unique style.  So easy to pick out Ratt songs as soon as you hear that guitar.  

This thread is going to take me a while to get through.  Nice work everyone.  

Been on a Scotty Ian kick lately.  SOD and Anthrax.  YouTube has a video “My Favorite Riffs with Nikki Sixx and Scotty Ian” which is fun but at some parts sounds like a foreign language.  

Any other day might make an argument for Kerry King.  But, could argue for most of these riffs.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is going to take me a while to get through.  Nice work everyone.  

Been on a Scotty Ian kick lately.  SOD and Anthrax.  YouTube has a video “My Favorite Riffs with Nikki Sixx and Scotty Ian” which is fun but at some parts sounds like a foreign language.  

Any other day might make an argument for Kerry King.  But, could argue for most of these riffs.  
SOD is riff heaven.  

zamboni said:
Fastway - Say What You Will

Simple little opening riff from Fast Eddie Clarke, but very memorable from the early-ish MTV days.

ETA: love the YouTube comment below the clip: The only Band Rudy Sarzo never played bass for.
Ironically, the original guitarist of Motorhead - Larry Wallis - just died a few days ago.

Tons of good ones. 

Metallica - ...And Justice For All

Metallica - To Live is to Die

Slayer - Angel of Death

not so much these days, but was lucky enough to catch metallica when they were an opening act in small venues.

four horsemen
jump in the fire

Users who are viewing this thread